FM16 - Transfers

Hi guys, how are your AI managers getting around the transfer market?

in my case im quite sad to see top players leaving their team for less money than they are value. Top example would be jordi Alba leaving Barcelona after first season for "just" 24m when his value was 30m, not unhappy at all (quite the opposite), Barca won the league and the cup and lost the champions finals. He moved to Tottenham. Clearly Barca did not have another player to play in the DL position as they sold Adriano before this. Alba is one of the best players in his position, so i cant seem to understand the reasoning for accepting such a low offer for a key player when they are not in dire need of money.

Thats the most strange one i saw, but sadly is not the only one.

Did you notice some unrealistic (or dumb) transfers in your games?

£30 million is not really his 'value'. Until you understand this, you'll forever be frustrated by the transfer market. That figure is an arbitrary figure the game gives to players based on a number of factors (The figure is 25mill in my save). Barcelona could easily have valued him above or below this amount.

£24 mill is decent amount for a left back. The issue here isn't the amount, it's more the fact Barcelona have sold their only recognised left-back. Have they replaced him?

Hi guys, how are your AI managers getting around the transfer market?

in my case im quite sad to see top players leaving their team for less money than they are value. Top example would be jordi Alba leaving Barcelona after first season for "just" 24m when his value was 30m, not unhappy at all (quite the opposite), Barca won the league and the cup and lost the champions finals. He moved to Tottenham. Clearly Barca did not have another player to play in the DL position as they sold Adriano before this. Alba is one of the best players in his position, so i cant seem to understand the reasoning for accepting such a low offer for a key player when they are not in dire need of money.

Thats the most strange one i saw, but sadly is not the only one.

Did you notice some unrealistic (or dumb) transfers in your games?

How much time was remaining on his contract?

If you have the save from before those bids were made, SI can take a look in the bugs forum. :thup:

Archived