Player training: Specific position

I have a left defender who is also rated at center back. However his rating there is "unconvincing".

I am trying to figure out how to train him up to improve his ability at that position. It is simply training him for that as a "new position" or do you have to train him at each individual skill that position requires?

Typically if a player is NOT rated, I just train them for the new position..but being that he has a rating I'm just not sure how to improve his abilities there.

(Edit) This is FM14 by the way.

If you want him to learn the position, you have to let him train the new position. It will accellerate the learning process if he is also played in that position while learning.

You can still at the same time make him work on either a specific attribute which you want to improve or on a set of key-attributes for a specific role like 'central defender' (in FM2015 you can also specify further for which duty attributes are learned, but that is not yet possible in FM14.

Just note two things please:

- learning a position and working on attributes at the same time makes both less efficient, i.e. the positional learning progress will be slower if you do both.

- working on attributes does by no means improve positional ability

Archived