4-1-2 3 formation advice

hello I've formed a basi 4-1-2-3 (wide) formation player positions/roles duties as such: GK: GK-D , RB: FB-D , RCB: CD-D , LCB: CD-D , LB: FB-D , MC: BBM-S , AM: W-S , AMR: W-S , STCR: P-A , STC: TM-A , STCR: P-A

What I'd like is for the wingers to drop back whilst we're not in possession with one/two of the strikers dropping back into to am area

ow would be best to do this what player roles/duties should I change (if any) and what team instructions should I set?

I'm struggling to picture the shape, but it sounds like a disaster. Your sole "defensive" midfielder is a BBM who will move up field to support attacks? I can't tell what the AM Role is, because you can't have a Winger as a central AM player, but it doesn't really matter because any system with one MC who simply doesn't defend enough just won't work in a way which creates aesthetically pleasing football. Seems like you just want to overload the AI defence with a flat three forward line and then AM line players.

I'm struggling to picture the shape, but it sounds like a disaster. Your sole "defensive" midfielder is a BBM who will move up field to support attacks? I can't tell what the AM Role is, because you can't have a Winger as a central AM player, but it doesn't really matter because any system with one MC who simply doesn't defend enough just won't work in a way which creates aesthetically pleasing football. Seems like you just want to overload the AI defence with a flat three forward line and then AM line players.
ok what would be a good tactic for a 3 striker formation?

You need to ask yourself some questions. Why do you want a flat forward line? What sort of service will they be getting? If I have three forwards, it means I lose 1 or 2 players further down the pitch - what will the impact of that be? If I have fewer midfielders / defenders, what are the compromises I need to make?

Archived