Feeder Team Link Types

Hi,

I'm playing with Ajax, and although we obviously have a great academy already, I wanted to get a feeder club to get a wider range of regens in every year, I was thinking maybe a Danish or Belgian club would be good to link up with. However, whenever I suggest this to the board and they agree, I end up with a club linked with us "having first option on their players" and no mention of recruit youth players into our academy on regen day. This was definitely possible on FM14, is it because I'm Ajax, or am I pressing the wrong option when asking for a feeder club, or has this been taken out?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm playing with Ajax, and although we obviously have a great academy already, I wanted to get a feeder club to get a wider range of regens in every year, I was thinking maybe a Danish or Belgian club would be good to link up with. However, whenever I suggest this to the board and they agree, I end up with a club linked with us "having first option on their players" and no mention of recruit youth players into our academy on regen day. This was definitely possible on FM14, is it because I'm Ajax, or am I pressing the wrong option when asking for a feeder club, or has this been taken out?

Thanks

i was having the same problem, i found out that not all teams accept the youth intake option if you're allowed to select a club but the game does not warn you what teams do or don't, so the board sets as the useless first option one if the team doesn't and you only find out after the link is complete

the only way to solve this is to let select the same recruit foreign youngsters option but let the board choose the clubs, then they will always select a group of clubs that accept the youth intake and you will have to choose one of them, if you're lucky, one of them can be of the country of the club you wanted previously

i was trying to make River as my youth intake feeder club but always got the first option buy, and i kept reloading the save to try to find out what was wrong, so finally when i let the board choose they came back with 2 very low level russian teams and 2 low level argentine teams and finally they accepted correct feeder type, so at least i will have argentine players in my intake

In my FM15 save with Derby County FC, I don't see the option to have feeder help recruit foreign youngster. Do you guys have any idea why not? At this point the board only allows me to scout the UK, so I'm guessing that is the reason.

Archived