Best budget tablet for fm?

I'm planning to get a new tablet, which amongst other things would be used for FM. Can anyone recommend a cheap

tablet for this? I'm not planning to spend much, up to about £150 as I'm a student so obviously skint. I was looking at the Asus MeMo pad 7, Samsung Galaxy tab 3 and the Kindle Fire HD, is FMH available on these does anyone know?

Thanks

• SI Staff

Hi,

Exactly which MeMo Pad 7 and Kindle HD are you looking at? Some are better than others.

I recommend avoiding the Galaxy Tab 3 (especially the 7" version) from personal experience. One that you might not have considered is the Tesco Hudl 2 (not the nicest design or nicest to hold but probably the best power/cost ratio).

If you can stretch to the Nexus 7 (2013 model) this is an excellent device but bear in mind no SD expansion slot.

I was looking at the MeMo Pad HD 7 (ME173X) and just the normal Kindle Fire HD. I'm looking for one that will perform well for FMH, but I've heard that on quite a few of the cheap tablets, its not even available. I've looked at the Hudl 2, but I don't particularly like the sound of a Tesco Tablet, it sounds kind of cheap to me! Ive also looked at the Nexus 7, is that good with FMH? Thanks

• SI Staff

I would recommend that, it's a decently specced device - but the screen is a strange resolution so the game could potentially look distorted on it, we haven't got one here so I can't let you know for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived