It's... Ackter's Overall Best Eleven Longevity Challenge: Definitive Edition

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another two years on, in the Championship from this season, but progress slowing as a number of stalwarts of the team have left. The game putting my strikers in the midfield and hence filling the bench with low game count strikers is an issue ...

65pXsIa.png

First XI: 4782

Subs: 1977

Total: 6759

My latest incarnation.

Leikarnes is a new inductee which means more scope for addition although there's a chance he'll be leaving soonish.

FIRST XI: 4,153

SUBS: 1,660

TOTAL: 5,813 (+43: 37 for Bassett and six for Leikarnes coming in six ahead of his predecessor, Mickey Naylor, which means if they both stay, this could go up by twice that next year. However, there's a chance they'll both leave unfortunately).

Championship again after two years. Totals increasing at a better rate than expected, as the old guys hang on (youth challenge being what it is, nobody coming through to replace them). Back up to 7 current players still adding to their totals.

hOLrWD2.png

First XI: 5593

Subs: 2280

Total: 7873

• 2 weeks later...

My latest XI includes a couple more players who still have time to add to their tallies, and whilst it has slightly brought down my first XI's tally, it has significantly increased my bench and added one more player who can add to his numbers. I need to get a good long term left back and central midfielders. Leikarnes just about made it onto here, but he is leaving now, on a bosman, so will not get any more than 315.

FIRST XI: 4,202

SUBS: 1,790

TOTAL: 5,992 (+65) - complex differentials here - one position lost 443 apps while another gained 467 and one lost 30 while another gained 71 on the bench, but suffice to say, Hermannson at least will be adding plenty more onto those figures. 6,000 will be surpassed next season, and I have a few other players who might get into this side soonish. Hermansson is 25 and has a while to add - and Kasper Rasmussen is another name to look for, although I hope he displaces McCrink and not Tsakiridis! He's probably already on about the same figure as McCrink and is the same age as Hermansson.

In the last 8 seasons we've added, on average, 80 per season. I hope this will go up soon, as more players from my current crop are inducted and, hopefully, stay when they do!

• 2 weeks later...

Players hung on longer than I thought so still pushing up towards the 10k total mark. Couple of long term players retiring before next season and lots of youth coming through, not sure how much more progress to be made in the short term.

5CpKFwp.png

First XI: 5903

Subs: 2474

Total: 8377

• 2 weeks later...

It's a while since I updated. Not played the game that much. Back into it a little more

Hull_%20History%20Best%20Eleven-4_zpsyerjwgvu.png

Last time out

First XI: 2110

Subs: 683

Total: 2793

This seasons stats are:

First XI: 2370

Subs: 870

Total: 3240

Gain of 447

Several still playing so will see this rise over the next season or three

• 3 weeks later...

What is really odd about the above is that several players have appeared from quote some time ago

Jordi Alba has displaced Andrew Robinson despite playing just one season. Bittencourt has popped in at Right Midfield with Ince moving up top despite Ince never playing up front. Additionally, Taider comes in despite leaving the club a while back and not featuring in the team last season. I'd understand this if we were a poor team and perhaps ratings dropped but we won the league again.

• 2 weeks later...

It was 5,992 last time I updated. That was four years ago.

Now up to 6,127. That's a rise of just 135 in four years, or 34 per year. Needless to say, I haven't had many new players inducted. Indeed one, Jack Smith, has just left, and will not add to his tally. Kasper Rasmussen, however, iss till going strong and will overtake Hermannson in terms of appearances. If he can do well enough to overtake him in the first XI here, that will mean every chance of a new player, Agustin Markic, coming in for Hermannson at some point if he continues the way he is. Fingers crossed. I need a really top class striker and keeper to knock the low-scoring incumbents off. I might have the 'keeper up there soon. Maybe the striker soon too, but I'm not sure yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived