Reputation still national, and no job offers??

So started in the danish league with esbjerg (predicted 6'th) and ended up winning the league, danish cup, and to my own awe won the euro cup, beating teams like Lazio, R.Sociedad, PSG etc.

midway trough second season : Lost the Euro super cup, and reached 1 knock out round in CL after finishing 2'nd in grp.

My wonder and frustration is i still only have a national reputation?? I mean, seriously after winning the Euro Cup with such a low league team (and wining league and cup) In CL i beat teams like Man U, and O lyon. Im never mentioned in a job opening, and when trying to declare interest they shun me off ( wolfburg, championship team, PSV, even portoguise teams... i dont get it.. done this in other games, and of course i dont expect to just jump to a major club but but still wining the Euro cup with a little mainly unknown team should at least increase your rep to continental?

So, have i missed something? Am i just impatient because in fm 14 its harder to move from club to club, or is there still this mentioned job hunting bug i've heard of?

Many regards :)

The bug has been fixed. I'd say that while you obviously had a good season, it was only one season. Other teams will want to see if it was a fluke or if you really are a competent manager and do well again.

Not really. I'll give you my example. I reached the CL final with Salzburg in 2017 and won it in 2018 (worldwide reputation). You wanna know what kind of offers I got? Clubs trying to reach a Europa League spot with 1/10 of my budget and players who wouldn't even be 3rd choices for me.

I applied for Chelsea and Real and I was turned down in favour of coaches who won absolutely nothing for years and even have a lower reputation than me, without even an interview. (and no, there is no actual pattern in their choices just fyi, foreigners, national, high CA, low CA, past clubs, etc...)

Why? I don't know.

Maybe FM disregards the leagues outside of the top 4-8. I don't know.

After a bunch of tests (yes, it took an insanely high amount of tests to get a couple of interviews) I managed to get accepted by a couple of the big clubs but I had to tell them in the interviews that I'd be able to reach the club's goals with a much smaller budget than proposed. Otherwise I would get rejected.

So in case you get a chance you might wanna be careful about that. :D

It's not like one or other club can't reject you. It's more like you can win the Champions League in FM (outside of the top leagues mind you) and be rejected by pretty much everybody. There isn't the hype that happens IRL where most of the giants (without a coach or those not doing very well) would chase you, except for maybe a club that wanted a very specific kind of coach (Idk, Barça?) or some other very special situation.

So the whole waiting to see how you do, shouldn't really have that much weight. And even that should depend on the way your team won the competitions. But that part isn't that easy to implement. Also, a lot of the kind of clubs the OP mentioned would kill for an Europa League winner.

EDIT: This is my case. I don't know how other people managing outside the top leagues are doing. But either way it shouldn't be random at least...

I won the Ukrainian Cup with a lower mid-table team (coming up from the division below as well) and after that win, I received many offers from clubs in the top leagues. Was able to land the Lyon job, but I applied for it and lied through my teeth to get it.

Okay, how about this: 10 straight years of winning the SPL, 1 Champions Cup win and 3 runner-ups, 1 Euro League win, 12 straight Scottish Cups, 10 of 12 Scottish League cups, and as coach of the Scottish national team, runner up in the 2022 World Cup. I have 18 months left on a $4,000/wk contract (No, I didn't miss a zero, I'm only making $4,000/wk), and I've only had 2 job offers from the EPL - Everton, sitting mid-table at the time, and Fulham, fighting relegation. I have Scotland, England, Germany, France, Belgium and the US loaded (also Wales and Ireland, but let's be realistic, there are no legitimate jobs there...). Are they afraid of me? Obviously, they can afford me and can easily buy out my contract.

This is one area of the game where being provided user saves is very important however it is an area that generates very little activity in that regard. I would always prefer it if people posted about their issues with getting new jobs in the bugs forum & provide copies of their save files at points where they feel AI clubs should be looking to hire them.

The more examples that we have to work from the greater the chance of identifying any underlying issues that may exist, be that issues with the code or user behaviour that could be a result of poor in-game advice or unrealistic expectations.

Being that i was a bit unsure of wether or not I was impatient or it was a bug i wanted to hear what others thought first :) But I'll be happy to upload the save when i get home in a day or two :) As you say this i a major part of the game, and possible the biggest part of why i choose to play it - so it's great to hear that you want to have a look at it :)

Okay, So, in between this i decided to take a chance and apply for a job at schalke, although Solskjær was favorite. Still mid 2'nd season - they were flattered and i got the interview - and the job the next day :D so allthough i still have national rep, and got no "offers" applying for it was key - So the headhunting from previous games may have declined a bit, making it very difficult for the player to get a feel for when he has a good chance to get a new job. - in my book it's still a little unrealistic that i havn't gotten any offers or at least rumors to give a indication, but i got the job :p I will still throw up my save in the bug forum as requested though :)

IMO, the headhunting is still there. It seems that if you haven't given any indication that you're looking to possibly leave (declare interest in jobs and apply for jobs) then clubs are put off from offering you interviews.

@podunkboy Did you give any indication that you might be looking to move?

The bug has been fixed. I'd say that while you obviously had a good season, it was only one season. Other teams will want to see if it was a fluke or if you really are a competent manager and do well again.

Hasn't AVB arguably made a career off 1 season like this?

It may well be the fact that he hasn't expressed any interest in moving either. Maybe Alex can clarify. AVB wasn't exactly unknown before his 1 season though, so him doing well at Academica and his general reputation would have helped.

As ForzaInter said, he applied for a job and got it, so clearly his reputation did rise enough for other clubs to be interested as soon as he started making noises about moving.

Edit: That said though, I am surprised that some clubs don't at least try and offer an interview, whether you indicate you want to move or not.

I managed the Wales U21 team for 6 years, and my current club for two(Shelbourne). I've won everything for Shelbourne(they were relegated when I got there) and qualified every year for the U21 Championship(even won once), and now there's a spot for Manager in the Senior squad. I apply, they laugh off. Who they hire? A nobody that was a mediocre player and just retired. Seriously?

I have continental reputation, he has regional. I am Welsh, he is English.

Archived