FM14: John Brayford - #BrayfordsBeard

Reedy_1988

John Brayford

John_Brayford.jpg

Here he is start of the game, on the latest patch

John Robert Brayford (born 29 December 1987) is an English footballer who plays as a defender for Sheffield United on loan (IRL) from Cardiff City. Born in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, he began his career at non-league Burton Albion before moves to Crewe Alexandra and Derby County preceded his time at Cardiff, and has also made seven appearances for the England C team.

Just curious to know if anybody has had any experience using this guy? To me he has brilliant stats to play as an attacking fullback/wingback albeit he may be on an over inflated wage (That's the premier league for you), and when the latest patch is released i plan on creating a system which makes the most out of this fellas ability to both defend and attack. I was thinking lining him up as a WB(a).

He was a regular starter on my Cardiff save but unfortunately, he suffered a horrific injury and his stats drastically deteriorated so I ended up selling him. But I would say under a normal save where he doesn't get injured, he is a decent Premiership right back. Can cover various positions too, so his versatility is useful.

He was a regular starter on my Cardiff save but unfortunately, he suffered a horrific injury and his stats drastically deteriorated so I ended up selling him. But I would say under a normal save where he doesn't get injured, he is a decent Premiership right back. Can cover various positions too, so his versatility is useful.

How would you say he did attacking wise, did he contribute alot to attacks? what role did you use him as?

VERY happy that he's at SUFC for the season irl ;). Looking forward to this being reflected in the transfer update!

Plays as a marauding full back for us. Class above.

Exactly the reason i'm waiting for the next update before playing :) Hoping to get him to play like he does irl

How would you say he did attacking wise, did he contribute alot to attacks? what role did you use him as?

To be honest, I just played him as a defensive full back and all I request from my back 4 is to do their jobs properly and defend. However, as I play a narrow diamond and focus passing through the middle playing a patient game, there's times my full backs are asked to provide width. Brayford had the engine to get up and down the right on my game and his pace means he doesn't get beaten too often. Brayford did fine for me and averaged just under a 7 rating throughout the season, which considering I finished 11th in my first Premiership season and had the big clubs beating me most of the time leading to poor ratings for all my defenders in those games, wasn't a bad overall average at all.

Starting RB in my Cardiff save. First season (we finished 2nd) his PL stats were - 38 apps, 2 goals, 3 assists, 6.98 avg rating.

Considering how well we did as a team, I was disappointed with Brayford. I've still got him but he's back-up to Kieran Trippier this season most likely.

Archived