What is 'youth setup' and why does it cost so much?

I'm managing a lower league club and I'm haemorrhaging money due to this one expense. I've tried asking my board to cut back on Juniour Coaching but apparently "our finances are stable enough to support it", even though they tell me we're in a "Poor financial position" and want me to sell players :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's split into two things, network and coaching.

A better network increases your chance of getting high PA players in the youth intake.

Better junior coaching increases the CA of the players coming in.

If you have a club 'vision' in your contract/confidence that is related to that (i.e. bringing youth players into the first team) the board is likely to spend more money on it.

It's split into two things, network and coaching.

A better network increases your chance of getting high PA players in the youth intake.

Better junior coaching increases the CA of the players coming in.

I know what they are. Is this 'Youth Setup' expenditure directly related to how high a level my network and coaching are? If so, why won't my board reduce them given the fact that it is plunging me into debt - which they are moaning about?

I thought developing youth players was supposed to be cheaper than buying players!

Some of the values spent on the youth setup for lower league clubs may be off slightly, might be worth mentioning in the bugs forum?

What Club are you managing, what League and what are the expenditure amounts per month and per year on average?

Archived