Board happiness bug?

OK, I am managing Manchester United and in my first season, I won everything. (Just don't ask me how I did it. I play FM in an unconventional manner :D). The board was thus delighted with my performance. In the following season, I won every match. The board remained delighted with my performance.

However, a strange thing occurred. When it came to the 1st of December, my board mysteriously changed their stance from being delighted to being very pleased with my performance. This despite me winning every match so far in the following season. I don't mean to be pedantic over this as I am sure the board will be delighted with my performance once I win everything in the 2nd season.

But why the change in attitude despite me winning every match? This happens in previous versions of FM as well but the situation in those games are more drastic, I must admit.

Of course! I won every game in the 2nd season (up to December 2014). I just don't understand this. Moreover, I won every game by thrashing all my opponents. (Just don't ask me how I did it! :D)

Reloading huh? :p

It may be, you're winning so much, they now consider it the 'norm' and aren't too impressed. Their mood and expectations might shift once you lose say, six or seven games.

It may be that the board are just becoming more accustomed to success. You may have taken the club up to the very top in terms of reputation and now anything but success is unthinkable. I would be more worried if it drops to satisfied or less and you are still winning.

Reloading huh? :p

It may be, you're winning so much, they now consider it the 'norm' and aren't too impressed. Their mood and expectations might shift once you lose say, six or seven games.

Actually that is not the case. Even "worse". I always take the opposition team and put their formation at 0-5-5......just like watching wet paint dry! :D

It may be that the board are just becoming more accustomed to success. You may have taken the club up to the very top in terms of reputation and now anything but success is unthinkable. I would be more worried if it drops to satisfied or less and you are still winning.

That could be the reason. Perhaps I shall wait till I finish the 2nd season and see how things go. If on the 3rd season, when it comes to December 1st, the board again lowers their happiness to "Very Pleased", then I am sure something is wrong here.

Even "worse". I always take the opposition team and put their formation at 0-5-5......just like watching wet paint dry! :D

Without wanting to incur the wrath of the 'its his game, he can play it how he wants' police, why on earth would you even bother doing that? Apart from anything else, think of all the manager changes throughout the season in your league? No wonder strange UI things are happening. If you mess about with how the game's supposed to work, try not to be surprised by any knock on effects.

Without wanting to incur the wrath of the 'its his game, he can play it how he wants' police, why on earth would you even bother doing that? Apart from anything else, think of all the manager changes throughout the season in your league? No wonder strange UI things are happening. If you mess about with how the game's supposed to work, try not to be surprised by any knock on effects.

First of all, let me state that I have been doing this since the old CM days. I always play FM in this manner because I find it fun. Of course different players will have different ideas about what "fun" is.

I don't mind the managers having to change jobs frequently in my game. What I mind is the board confidence. This problem have been going on since the beginning of FM and I wonder why.

Surely if you're cheating to win every game, it makes no difference what the board confidence is? Perhaps they think you should be winning by more goals every week? I really don't know, as I've never been desperate enough for success to 'play' the game that way. Given the way you approach the game, I'd be surprised if you were able to get any sort of advice for this.

Archived