Player Rolls star Rating

Hi, so i am having real trouble getting my head round the star rating for players positional rolls.

For example i have a player who is natural CM with 5 stars for ADV Play maker but only 3.5 stars for "normal" CM in any of the defensive, support or attack rolls, his stat's look like he should be able to play the normal CM roll really well and that's the roll i would like to play with support selected, i mainly want him to play this roll so my 2 CM players are not wandering out of position to much.

I am trying to just ignore the ratings for the roll of each position and just play the players in the rolls i want in the desired position on the field, the problem is my brain keeps telling me to play them in the best roll for each position, im not sure a DLP and ADV Play maker are going to offer that much cover in the centre of the park, even more so when the player in the AMC position also has ADV Play maker as his best roll!

I second RTHerringbone, if you sure that the stats support what you want the players to play then play him like that. CR7 may be best play as Striker for ManUtd but it is not suitable to the formation for ManUtd so sir Alex play him in the wing role ;)

My assman tells me Januzaj plays best as an AP(a) on the flanks, I ignore his "advice" and play Januzaj as an IF(a). A few months later, Januzaj crowned European Golden Boy and 3rd place in FIFA Balon D'or. Basically, who cares what your coaches think, if your player has the attributes for it just play him in whatever role you want.

Archived