Trying to succeed with AS Roma: Mission Impossible?

I've tried several tactics found on these websites, both attacking ones and defensive ones. Main problems seems to be finding a

balance between actually creating a lot of chances and not being completely Zdenek Zeman in defense (i.e. conceding lots).

I do find the goalkeeper to be a weakness, although I've sometimes bought Mattia Perin on the cheap. He's young and does a decent job. Defensively the squad seems weak, with Castan not being nearly as good in the game as he is IRL. Also, fullbacks are struggling.

Are there anyone out there who's had success with AS Roma on FM 14? I'd be happy to hear about tactics working with this squad, or any other tips when it comes to playing with AS Roma.

PS: also seem to be struggling with opposition having quite an easy job playing behind my defence…

Cheers :)

I've tried several tactics found on these websites, both attacking ones and defensive ones. Main problems seems to be finding a

balance between actually creating a lot of chances and not being completely Zdenek Zeman in defense (i.e. conceding lots).

I do find the goalkeeper to be a weakness, although I've sometimes bought Mattia Perin on the cheap. He's young and does a decent job. Defensively the squad seems weak, with Castan not being nearly as good in the game as he is IRL. Also, fullbacks are struggling.

Are there anyone out there who's had success with AS Roma on FM 14? I'd be happy to hear about tactics working with this squad, or any other tips when it comes to playing with AS Roma.

Cheers :)

what do you define as success?

also, irl Castan is not quite as good as seam to think

what do you define as success?

also, irl Castan is not quite as good as seam to think

For me with AS Roma, I'd say success is EL the first season. I aim low! haha.

On Castan, I've watched every single Roma game this season, and he's been formidable together with Benatia. He was good enough last season, but together with Benatia he's more capable of playing his strengths. It is no coincidence Roma has one of the best defensive records this season. All my opinion, though. :)

Archived