FM 13 question - League Cup never gets played

USASoundersFan

I worked extensively on moving the 42 Scottish league teams into England's system as realistically as possible and, long story short, everything seems to be working great except for one major issue: the League Cup never gets played. When you start the game, it is listed as an event and it tells you when it is scheduled to start, when the initial draw is, etc. However, as you move past those dates and eventually move ahead an entire year, none of the games get played. What is really strange about this is that the FA Cup and the League Trophy work great with the Scottish clubs inserted into those respective competitions in the appropriate spots, but the League Cup is essentially a ghost event.

Do any of you have any ideas how I might be able to fix this? This is for the 2013 game. Thanks.

If I remember correctly you have to set last division to the division the teams are currently in and remove next division if its set or vice versa.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try those things and post in here on whether or not it worked. Currently, for example, Celtic has last division set as the Scottish Premier League and current division as the (English) Premier League. I don't think any of the clubs have next division set, but I will make sure.

Have you changed the League cup rules?

I have not touched anything in the editor in regards to the League Cup itself, just changed which teams are in those four leagues. (all of those changes have been done on the respective club pages)

If I remember correctly you have to set last division to the division the teams are currently in and remove next division if its set or vice versa.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling. :)

I changed the last division for every Scottish team and also made sure the English clubs had their last division set to wherever I had placed them, and now it works great.

The only minor thing that I do not think I can work around is that four Premier League teams play in the first round of the League Cup in year one. I was at a loss as to why this was happening until I finally realized that since there were now 12 English clubs playing in the Champions and Europa League in the first year (the seven normal ones plus the five who had qualified through Scottish competitions the year before), that was why the format of the League Cup was slightly different in year one. (in addition to those four Premier League clubs entering in the first round, there were 36 first round matches and 24 in the second round instead of the normal 35 and 25, respectively)

However, this appears to work itself out for year two when we are back to the normal seven English clubs playing in Europe (and teams like Inverurie Loco Works were now representing Scotland, exactly what I was looking for).

I do not believe there is a way to edit which clubs enter Europe for the first year of the game (i.e. instead of having Celtic in the Champions League in the first year of the game, have a club like Inverurie Loco Works replace them), but if not that's okay. I can handle that little blip if everything works perfect from year two on in regards to what teams enter which round of the League Cup and other competitions.

Thanks again for the help. I had always wanted to place the 42 Scottish league clubs in the English system just like the six Welsh teams that currently play in England, and now I have something that works.

I do not believe there is a way to edit which clubs enter Europe for the first year of the game (i.e. instead of having Celtic in the Champions League in the first year of the game, have a club like Inverurie Loco Works replace them), but if not that's okay. I can handle that little blip if everything works perfect from year two on in regards to what teams enter which round of the League Cup and other competitions.

You believe wrong, Goto the Champions league, click registered teams, find Celtic within the list and replace with the team you want in. Only swap teams of the same nation though.

You believe wrong, Goto the Champions league, click registered teams, find Celtic within the list and replace with the team you want in. Only swap teams of the same nation though.

But what I want to do is replace, for example, Celtic (now an English club) with Inverurie Loco Works (Scottish club). As it is, in year one I have 12 English clubs in European competitions and zero Scottish ones.

Another thing to note, well 2 actually, is if the Scottish teams (which are now in the English system) have their continental qualification still set to Scotland they wont qualify for Europe. the second is their base nation needs to be set to Scotland also if you still want the majority of the regens from these teams Scottish.

Archived