Interest in Jobs getting leaked to the media

Dear all,

This has been an issue for several releases now and is starting to get to me.

Every time I apply for another job it gets released to the media and I get the chairman and fans of my current club cheesed off. I think it is great that if you take the p*ss and apply for every job going you should arouse some interest from the press but for a one off job application is it really necessary for all this to kick off?

Am I doing something wrong or is this the way it is supposed to be?

Is anyone else frustrated or is it just me?

Other than this loving the game.

Thanks for listening.

It will be what they intended, but as for whether it's right...that's a matter of opinion. It's got better in FM13/14 where you can recover from declaring interest without too much bother, but it does still hold that if you declare interest, you're going to sour the relationship. Of course then you ask, would the board/press/fans find out in these situations? Maybe there needs to be a bit of randomness thrown in so that you may be able to keep it under wraps.

forameuss - I agree it is a matter of opinion. It is not the declaring interest bit - I think you should get hammered for that. It is the application for the job which I am arguing should be non public unless you apply for several jobs in a short space of time. A bit of randomness would be good too.

Archived