[FM 14] Allez, Allez, Allez Oh, We're Everton F.C....

Nadessico

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fher.jpg

Everton FC - December 2015 Review

Results

Well that was a long month, Started off great as for the 3rd time in a row we beat Liverpool only to fall to Arsenal 3 says later, after the Champions League win it was of to Korea for the Club World Cup Finals which we should have won but you know how it is with England and pens. Another win at Leicester but again we dropped points at Norwich which was followed bt a fantastic result against United. I just wish we could get some constant form, but atleast we're up to net 4th position again and potentially only 5 points behind Chelsea, this title race isn't over yet.

iall.png

Table

gwgj.png

Uefa Champions League

Well we held on, and got rewarded by having Balanta return to us with Dortmund in the next roud, atleast i didn't get Bayern for finishing 2nd

gvuy.png

Awards

sb07.png

Player of the Month

Andreas Cornelius - Master class against United, still shocked to see he only has 6 goals this season

fher.jpg

Everton FC - January 2016 Review

Results & News

One of our better months though we could have done better against Villa and Sunderland. Bolton might finally be the wakeup call i need to stop playing such weak teams in the FA cup. We're struggling for goals at times but i seem to have gotten hold of our defensive issues.

xj8k.png

Table

djid.png

Transfers

Cesc Fabregas - Loan - i noticed that most of my midfielders are either designed for defence or support, Cesc was rotting away in the Barca reserves so i threw him a lifeline, hopefully he's the more attacking midfielder i need.

fher.jpg

Everton FC - February 2016 Review

Results & News

And we are back. Some very good performances this month, even if the scorelines aren't that amazing. The only blip being a 3-3 draw with Newcastle that we saved after going down to 10 men at 2-1. elsewhere a 1-0 win away to Dortmund gives us a good chance of getting through to the next round of the Champions league, and a win next time out against Chelsea can see us right back into the title race.

In other news we finished our upgrades to the training grounds and are looking very strong for years to come....... well apart from a stadium that is still falling down.

xeol.png

bw1d.png

Table

9yjz.png

Awards

6pu5.png

Player of the Month

Phil Jagielka - Still as solid as a rock at the back no matter who he partners with.

fher.jpg

Everton FC - March 2016 Review

Results & News

A very good month for us, a clean sweep in the prem and mashings of Dortmund and Man City (ignore the stoke result from last month) and that has put us in pole position again for the league, who'd have thought that back in December. We lost to United at Old Trafford, but we're the home game and away goal advantage.

Our next 3 games are vital for the season though.

jnr8.png

Table

6bga.png

Awards

A rare clean sweep for us.

1xwx.png

1crg.png

i8iy.png

Player of the Month

Ben Hope - I said at the start of the season he'd be making a few appearences for us, i didn't expect him to force his way into the first team.

fher.jpg

Everton FC - 2016 Youth Prospects

7082.png

Again a good youth intake with 4 players that are looking promising, the most promising being Evertonian Stephen Howard, i love when supporters become stars :D

Stephen Howard - ST - Pick of the intake, only 15 so plenty of time to mold him

Dean Goulding - WBL - You struggle for Left backs and then 2 come at once. Need to work on his defensive side but promising again.

George Stanley - LB - could do the job of a backup but not holding my breath

Lucas Yiadom - DM - Again not really looking like a first teamer but could be good backup to Hope.

fher.jpg

Everton FC - Season End 2016 Review

Results

We blew it. our first defeat in 24 games and it cost us the title by 2 points. Champions League we overcame United to set up a semi final against the eventual winners Real Madrid who turned out too strong for us. In the league we did everything we could bar win our last important match, and any hopes of Man City helping us were dashed as they got hammered 5-0 by Chelea, needless to say it felt sick losing on the last day after such a fightback, but that's football.

kot3.png

Table

vgrd.png

End of Season Awards

Baines PFA player of the year 3 times in a row :D

fu73.png

rh4l.png

ud4.png

General News

Outside the footballing side, alot has happened at Goodison The Takeover attempts have been getting a bit rocky, but that didn't stop Kenwright taking out a £13mil loan to expand the Gwlady Street stand by 9000, and Tom Ince for the 2nd year running ended up being the fans favorite name on their shirts.

y8kg.png

nicv.png

Squad Ratings

Finances

bu99.png

fher.jpg

Everton FC - Breaking News

Club Sold

Breaking News, Everton have been Sold to a Consortium of Businessmen led by Newcastle Businessman Mark Morgan clearing the clubs debts and promising funds to the clubs manager.

However rumours are that the manager getting the funds may not be Premier League and Champions League winner Chris Cook as it's believed they want to replace him with former Manchester United striker and ex Saints boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

66uq.png

New Finances

I may need a new Thread name soon :D

Not bad season, shame you didn't win the league.

What are your thoughts on consortium on buying your club?

blew it at the midway point of the season, started messing with tatics when it was all down to squad morale. I'm happy with the consortium as it means i don't have an over the top sugardaddy giving me cash, but i do get given some extra cash to spend. Also no more debts.

this is providing i still have a job come the start of the season :D

blew it at the midway point of the season, started messing with tatics when it was all down to squad morale. I'm happy with the consortium as it means i don't have an over the top sugardaddy giving me cash, but i do get given some extra cash to spend. Also no more debts.

this is providing i still have a job come the start of the season :D

how much have you got to spend by the new chairman?

how much have you got to spend by the new chairman?

we're bout to find out. The thread won't need a name change, the board saw sence, though i do get offered a nice backup job.

z0ip.png

fher.jpg

Everton FC - Season Preview 2016/17

Board Expectation

Barclays Premier League: Win the Title

Uefa Champions League: Reach the Semi-Finals stage

The FA Cup: Reach the Finals

Captial One Cup: Youth training

Finances

Transfer Budget: £67.4 Million

Wage Budget: £3.18 Million (Currently £1,154,457)

Balance: £47,526,449

Club Debt: Nil

Pre-Season

z6ao.png

Season Preview

m185.png

Youth Update

Colin Armstong - AMR/L ST - Season 1 (from Dundee) - A Change from last year, where i was planning on moving him to the IF, he will be staying as a striker as backup for Rescaldani when i don't need a target man Graduated

Ben Hope - MC - Season 1 (from Leicester) - Young Star of the season last year, he's not only around the first team, he is a Important First Team player. Graduated

Jonjoe Kenny - DR/CD - From the beginning - Progressing well, will get a few chances this season, specially as i try to move Stones into a more central position.

Ryan Ledson - MC/DM - From the beginning - Barry is gone and Ryan has already started filling the void, though he is still backup to Ward Prowse. Graduated

Jake Butcher - MC - From Crystal Palace - Highly rated and expected to be pushing the first team along Hope in a season or 2, though will need to overcome a nasty injury for the time being, should get a few runouts.

Daniel Lewis - MC/DM - Intake 1 -Dan is another knocking on the first teams door, and looking promising, looks to have developed enough to get a few matches under his belt.

Kristan Brooks - AML- From the beginningFrom the beginningFrom the beginningFrom the beginningFrom the beginning - Not much for him to learn in the U18's now, will probually spend the first half of the season in and out of them, but will play backup to De Byrne and Iancu. GraduatedGraduatedGraduated

Glenville Allan Hodge - GK - Intake 1 - Still not near first team ready, but with Howard and Joel gone will be around the first team as backup for Butland while still keeping with his U18 duties

The Cut

Two players from last year have failed to make the cut, George Green who i'm activly looking to see, and Callum Sheppard who is spending a season on loan at Patrick Thistle

Transfers

7npu.png

Not as big of a change to the side as last year but still some important figures out. of the first teamers, Heitinga (£1mil), Barry (Free), Howard (Free) and are gone to free up some wage space which i didn't need to do in the end with the new board, and Oviedo (£4mil) was surplus to need with the arrival of Ben Davis.

New Signings

Ceasar Azpilicueta - FC Bayern (£39 Million) - RB/RWB - Tried to sign him for about £20mil in January but Bayern wanted too much, he's our big splashout of the season, in about the only postion we've not tried to improve on at Right Back, an upgrade to Coleman.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Arsenal (£10.5 Million) - AMR/AML/AMC - We've had Yaks at Goodison and now we have Ox's. we've plenty of players now who can play behind the striker, Alex can also cover that right IF slot that only Ince is an natural at.

lmu6.png

fher.jpg

Everton FC - August 2016 Review

Results

I really don't seem to start the league off well, a painful loss to Liverpool was followed by a kick up the bum and a big win at Norwich before struggling against Leicester. Bet my bosses are glad they kept me at the moment.

zxsk.png

Table

zbdp.png

Transfers

IN

Domenico Beradi - £22m (PSG) - ST - Wasn't a planned signing at all, but Inter came in with a £15mil bid for Cornelius and i just couldn't say no. That left a toss up of 12mil and 350k wages for and ageing Rooney (which would result in 2 other players getting a rise to 350k) or 22mil and only 79k wages for a young hot prospect who was only getting a handful of appearences for PSG.

Yohann Fontaine - £14m (AS Monaco FC) - DM/MC - Also out the door was Gibson after a shock 11mil offer from Shakhtar. In comes another young prospect who is more adapt to the DM role i've been using in away games.

Out

Andreas Cornelius - £15m (Inter Milan) - As mentioned above, sad to see him go but he was 2nd choice behind Rescaldani, and it was hard to say no at that price

Darren Gibson - £11m (Shakhtar) - Again, sad to see him go, but wasn't really in the first team, and the offer was too good to refuse

Player of the Month

Steven Cauker - looks like he's found his feet at Goodison now and made himself first on the sheet, he's also found his head already contributing with 2 goals.

Other News

Not so much a news story, but made me laugh, Ranieri may be the new England manager but someone may wan't to inform him that Rescaldani is Italian, not English

928o.png

And then there's the champions league, we're back down to a 3rd seed club, but i enjoyed the draw atleast (ps spoiler from next month included)

hobj.png

fher.jpg

Everton FC - September 2016 Review

Results

Much better set of results including revenge on the Reds in the Capital One cup, while the Champions League has been smooth sailing so far, although that may be short lived.

8e6s.png

Table

qelj.png

Uefa Champions League

6mds.png

Awards

efnn.png

an4z.png

Player of the Month

Cesar Azpilicueta - Coleman may want to start packing his bags as between Cesar and Kenny he's not going to get much of a lookin, Cesar is doing well and his long throws are really causing havok.

Other News

So the expansion work to Goodision is complete meaning the stadium can now hold 50,000 people, unfortunatly they're in for a bit of a wait as our next home game isn't until the 23rd of October.

wftq.png And we have ourselve a mini injury crisis, mostly caused by the thugs that are Benfica, meaning i'll be facing Man City away with no recognised leftback, a midfield 5 missing 3 key players and 1 fit first team striker with a kid as backup.

t2n7.png

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates but needed to reformat my pc, and by the time that was done i'd decided that i'd wait for the new patch before i started again. I'll be continuing on till the end of the season but then i may start a 2nd seperate story with a new team and the latest data update so this may not get updated as oftern.

fher.jpg

Everton FC - October 2016 Review

Results

Boy did that injury crisis hurt, we were unlucky to lose to City but the reserves did well against Sunderland and Legia. The Leiga match however was the start of 3 games in 6 days and the squad just couldn't handle it. a great match against Spurs which again we were unlucky to lose, and the semi reservist of the Capital One side also put up a brave fight. Thankfully players are coming back all the time and bottom placed Fulham were just no match for us.

Everton_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsca8c0847.png

Table

BarclaysPremierLeague_OverviewStages_zpsfa4f4317.png

Uefa Champions League

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zps9edb008f.png

Player of the Month

Gabriel Iancu - He confuses me, when i start him he's none existant, but my god he's one hell of a super sub. Scored a cracking freekick again Legia too.

fher.jpg

Everton FC - November 2016 Review

Results

Well that's more like it, we've found our goal scoring boots anyway though Swansea we came back from 2-0 down and Southampton we nearly threw away a 3 goal lead. Benfica featured 5 under 17 players so a loss by that margin wasn't too bad as we finished top of the group and we've got the gap to United down to 5 points again

Everton_FixturesSchedule_zps7f351768.png

Table

th_BarclaysPremierLeague_OverviewStages_zpsfa4f4317.png

Uefa Champions League

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages-2_zpsaf725cb5.png

Awards

ChrisCook_NewsInbox_zps03f1ce0f.png

Player of the Month

Ross Barkley - Some very good performances by Ross lately with his passing key to unlocking some stubborn defenses

fher.jpg

Everton FC - December 2016 Review

Results

My Favorite month of the season shows again why i love it. Come Christmas Eve we'd fought our way back into 2nd and 1 point behind 1st, delighted seeing we were 8 points behind in November. Then came the Christmas period Newcastle got an early goal, and we just couldn't get back into it. Chelsea again got an early goal, but we equalized not long after but Lukaku just haunts my club now and we couldn't hold him back, plenty of chances to score but we just didn't take them.

Everton_FixturesSchedule-3_zps8a30342d.png

Table

BarclaysPremierLeague_OverviewStages-2_zps0c6415fd.png

Awards

ChrisCook_NewsInbox-2_zpsdbddefa5.png

Player of the Month

Ezequiel Rescaldani - Back from injury and scoring again, save me leaving it all to my Inside

[h=2][/h]

fher.jpg

Everton FC - January 2017 Review

Results & News

Unbeaten month to bounce back from the end of December, highlighted by the massacre of 10 man Liverpool at Goodison, the only real blip was throwing away a 2-1 lead at Cardiff where as the kids made their way past Pompy before the struggled with Q.P.R

Cup wise we'll face Reading in the next round of the FA Cup if we can get past Q.P.R where as the Champions League has us drawn against German opposition for the 3rd year in a row, this time against Bayern Munich who we faced during our Champions League victory 2 years ago.

Everton_FixturesSchedule-4_zps0f2fd7c0.png

Table

BarclaysPremierLeague_OverviewStages-4_zps8a75ccf2.png

Awards

ChrisCook_NewsInbox-4_zps9450a5b0.png

ChrisCook_NewsInbox-3_zps081a88de.png

Transfers

Everton_TransfersTransferHistory_zps99c2de4c.png

Despite suggesting i'd spend big on a player in the market, it was rather quiet, just no good players were available. Shane Duffy leaves us for £1.7 mil and is replaced by Christian Pawloski, an already featured CB for Stuttgart at only 17. Only other exit of notice was George Green who just hasn't live up to his potential but is impossible to move on without a loan.

- £
8 Mil - Stuttgart -
Some rather good stats for a 17 year old, and he's already featured in the Stuttgart first team, will go back to them till the end of the season.

Player of the Month

- I don't know what i'd do without my top scoring striker, he's already almost caught up on his goals vs appearances.

fher.jpg

Everton FC - February 2017 Review

Results & News

The month started so well, we got past Q.P.R and hammered West Brom, before a reasonable easy game against Reading in the FA Cup but we lost a hard fought battle against Bayern in the first leg of the Champions League and the wheels fell off. A tough game against top of the league Spurs could have gone to either side, but it wasn't our day, before we had another day of Dominating lower sides and only coming out with a draw which resulted in me finally losing my rag with Domenico Berardi and dropping him from the squad for 4 matches.

F.A Cup wise we'll be away to Wigan with some rather big teams already out.

Untitled-1_zps13bf53bf.png

Table

Table would go here had i remembered to take a screenshot of it. We were down in 5th 5 points behind 1st though

Awards

ChrisCook_NewsInbox-5_zpsfb819e25.png

Player of the Month

Ross Barkley - He's setting up goals and chances, i just need someone to get on the end of them who can finish

fher.jpg

Everton FC - March 2017 Review

Results & News

And the results start off again, Wigan were no match for us but we just couldn't find the net against Bayern leaving us crashing out in the 1st knock out round and the earliest exit we've had. in the Premiership though we got back on track with wins over Fulham, Stoke and an all important one over Man City who could have been 4 points ahead of us at that point with a win.We're still in net 3rd place with Spurs still able to go 5 points ahead and United 2nd with a possible 3 point lead

In the Cup we're off to Wembley to face Nottingham Forest with the Victor facing either Manchester United or Newcastle United in the final.

Everton_FixturesSchedule-5_zps7ba5b7cc.png

Table

BarclaysPremierLeague_OverviewStages-5_zps07b444b5.png

Awards

ChrisCook_NewsInbox-6_zpsaaccb1a7.png

Player of the Month

Cesar Azpillcueta - His long throws are as devastating as his crosses when he's on his game.

Youth Intake

An even better youth intake this year with atleast 3 players who may have a big future with the club

EvertonUnder18s_SquadPlayers_zps75922e7c.png

Liam Fish - AMC -The next Ross Barkley maybe? Only time will tell.

Nigel Kelly - LB - another left back player. Going to require retraining to WBL like Kenny was but if he can could be a top player.

Dominic Beeden - CB - promising CB, could end up being part on the next generations of CB's i have now.

Sean Edwards - AMC - Someone else fighting for the future Barkley slot but may not be more than a backup.

fher.jpg

Everton FC - Season End 2017 Review

Results & News

Well if you'd asked me if we'd have any silverware back in February, i'd have said no, but thankfully our form picked up and we not only won the F.A Cup but we clawed back a what was at one time a 9 point defacit to win the title aswell. Again the only major blip on the radar was Chelsea where i again played my kids as United had to overcome 15 goal deficit to catch me. Spurs in the end blew it on the final day and ended up in 3rd in what was one heck of a close season.

ChrisCook_NewsInbox_zpsfaa7b506.png

ChrisCook_NewsInbox-7_zpse39565e9.png

ChrisCook_NewsInbox-2_zps4e3dea75.png

ChrisCook_NewsInbox-11_zpsd5593e78.png

ChrisCook_NewsInbox-9_zpsa3225ef7.png

Everton_FixturesSchedule_zps65c24b90.png

Table

BarclaysPremierLeague_OverviewStages_zpsc8fa08de.png

End of Season Awards

ChrisCook_NewsInbox-14_zpsce9fd79e.png

ChrisCook_NewsInbox-13_zps693413dd.png

ChrisCook_NewsInbox-12_zps72e81646.png

Player of the Month/Year

POTM: Kevin De Bruyne - Stepped in for the injured Barkley and didn't look like we'd even lost him

POTY: Steven Caulker - I expected him to slowly work his way into the side, instead he made Jagielka a bit player, his goals were very important at the start of the season too.

Squad Ratings

General News

Finances

So the chairman tried to increase the stadium side behind my back but found out what we all know, there is no where else to expand to, he has no interest in funding a new Stadia either at the moment, we have 2 new sponsors though which will bring in a massive 10 mil a season more than before.

Meanwhile Tom is still the top selling shirt name in the side, even when he was only a rotation player, crazy Koreans. Our new chairman knows how to make cash though as we only sold 120k more shirts than the year before but and twice the income :D

ChrisCook_NewsInbox-15_zps0f28657d.png

ChrisCook_NewsInbox-8_zps5f7825a5.png

ChrisCook_NewsInbox-17_zps35456396.png

Meanwhile we seem to be dominating English football with 8 players called up to the first team and i got offered an interview with struggling Barcelona though really it was only to try get the board to fund a new stadium, i'm not quite worth £250 million yet though (i failed anyway)

ChrisCook_NewsInbox-10_zps55659599.png

ChrisCook_NewsInbox-16_zps8c956c76.png

• 3 weeks later...

fher.jpg

Everton FC - Season Preview 2017/18

Board Expectation

Barclays Premier League: Challenge for the Title

Uefa Champions League: Reach the Semi-Finals stage

The FA Cup: Reach the Finals

Captial One Cup: Youth training

Finances

Transfer Budget: £64.81 Million

Wage Budget: £1.77 Million (Currently £1,34 Million)

Balance: £10,423,442

Club Debt: Nil

Pre-Season

preseason_zpsff5c8a98.png

Season Preview

BarclaysPremierLeague_OverviewSeasonPreview_zpsdca9c85d.png

Youth Update

Jonjoe Kenny - DR/CD - From the beginning - Coleman is gone, he is the number 1 backup RB now, is also learning his trade at CB aswell. Unless someone impressive comes up will be in the first team plans for seasons to come. Graduated

Daniel Lewis - AMR - Intake 1 - With my formation he's not likely to be pushing the first team too oftern, but he's very handy when i'm in need of some crossing and width. Graduated

Jake Butcher - MC - From Crystal Palace - Starting to push towards the first team now, will still be hanging around the u18's but will get a push whenever i can let him

Glenville Allan Hodge - GK - Intake 1 - Did ok in the few games he played, but still far too young to really be a backup. Will spend the season playing with the u18's and in easy games but expect him to go out on loan next year as i see him only as a backup really.

Lloyd Lord - ST - Intake 2 - Another young striker who could end up being a good backup but as it stands no where near ready, will be back at Preston where he spent last season on loan

Lucas Yiadom - DM/MC - Intake 3 - Another potentially good backup only 17 and needs to work on his physical side though.

Dean Goulding - LB - Intake 3 - Future backup to Davis once Baines starts dropping off, but is a highly rated talent and could be our future star LB. He's on load at Norwich and between Baines and Davis he wasn't getting a lookin.

The Cut

Only 1 player added to the cut this year and that was Zach Clough, the kid my assistant signed behind my back, out for £2.5 Mil

Transfers In

Everton_TransfersTransferHistory-3_zps841ffc4d.png

New Signings

Carlos Fierro - Ajax (£20 Million) - ST -The main signing of the window with Beradi proving ineffective infront of goal, i needed someone to challenge Rescaldani and who was more suited the the DLF postion. with 60 goals in 114 appearences i'm hoping he's that man.

Juan Fernando Quintero - Arsenal (Loan on a view to signing) - AMC - We i've plenty of players who can play in the AMC slot but he was just too hard to say no too only on loan but can sign him at any time for £14 mil.

Maximilian Meyer - FC Schalke (£12 Million) - AMC/L/R - With De Bruyne gone i needed a young replacement who could cover the midfield, step up Max who i got for a cut price as he was just recovering from a bad injury.

Wojciech Pawlowski - (Free Transfer) - GK - With my youth prospect no where near ready for the prem Pawlowski will provide cover for Butler and hopefully keep him on his toes too.

Departures

Only a couple of players left, but the biggest being Kevin De Bruyne who forced my hand after being unsettled by Madrid and Barca with £30 mil bids, i sold him to PSG for an extra £10 Mil :D Zach Clough left for £2.5 Mil to West Ham, Coleman for £1.6 went to Aston Villa and Jagielka left on a free after refusing a wage cut.

The Squad

Everton_TacticsOverview_zps455db2eb.png

Everton_SquadPlayers-2_zps6c357597.png

Ok the forums seem to hate my update so i'm going to have to add a bit here that it refuses to believe exist here.

Youth prospect

Dean Goulding - LB - Intake 3 - Future backup to Davis once Baines starts dropping off, but is a highly rated talent and could be our future star LB. He's on load at Norwich and between Baines and Davis he wasn't getting a lookin.

Trying a slightly smaller/ Tidier layout inspired by Kris to see if that helps with the missing text

:D

fher.jpg

Everton FC - August/September 2017 Review

The Premiership

Everton_FixturesSchedule-3_zpsecf363e4.png

The good news is we're unbeaten, the bad news is we can't buy a win. Good results against Arsenal, City and Reading but we really should have done better in the other 3 games. Still, unlike last year we didn't need injury time to equalize.

BarclaysPremierLeague_OverviewStages-6_zpsc7667763.png

Capital One Cup

Everton_FixturesSchedule-6_zpsf52142e4.png

A nice 4-2 win with the kids but i'm unsure what to do about the next round against United.

The Champions League

Everton_FixturesSchedule-7_zps3f91dd90.png

To Say this is an easy group may be an understatement

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zpsd81674e5.png

fher.jpg

Everton FC - October 2017 Review

The Premiership

Everton_FixturesSchedule-2_zps20b20558.png

Couldn't find a way past Wigan no matter what i threw at them, however the Welsh sides fell like lambs to the slaughter. Only us and United remain unbeaten in the league now.

BarclaysPremierLeague_OverviewStages-2_zps5e3ebca5.png

Capital One Cup

Everton_FixturesSchedule-8_zps157067ee.png

Well that hurt. Try as a did, i just couldn't keep United out although they did play a slightly stronger squad than me.

The Champions League

Everton_FixturesSchedule-9_zps3ca43151.png

Another side to slam the door shut before parking the bus infront of it.

Records

ChrisCook_NewsInbox-18_zpscef4e6d1.png

fher.jpg

Everton FC - November 2017 Review

The Premiership

Everton_FixturesSchedule-3_zpscc117e7a.png

We now remain the only unbeaten side in the England and that's put us back where we belong, above United. i just need to start winning against the lower division sides.

BarclaysPremierLeague_OverviewStages_zps57d1a401.png

The Champions League

Everton_FixturesSchedule-2_zps91166a80.png

The Champions League is a different story, Benfica won and Lorient wouldn't let us past, We face Standard last and a win could still see us top the group, unless Benfica can't beat Lorient in which case 2nd will be our best hope.

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zps391309be.png

Other News

Finally we paid tribute to long serving FB Leighton Baines who has twice won footballer of the year and spent 10 glorious years at Goodison and even at 32 is keeping Davis out of the first team

Shame you won't be around another 10 :(

Everton_FixturesSchedule_zps91925fce.png

fher.jpg

Everton FC -December 2017 Review

The Premiership

prem_zps24bd2430.png

the unbeaten run contiunes and for the first time since he left his loan deal with us, Lukaku didn't score against us! Our goals for and against are the best in the division, which is great as before i was either scoring lots and conceding lots, or just defending and not scoring.

table_zps75003a5d.png

The Champions League

champ_zps4e0d6b47.png

Don't worry i said, this is an easy group i said. and i still ended up 2nd in the group. still we made it through, and we're set to have Kevin De Bruyne return to Goodison with his PSG team mates.

UEFAChampionsLeague_OverviewStages-2_zps5edb8dc5.png

FA Cup

A nice home trip against our Yorkshire neighbors to start off our title defense.

fa_zps3c0f7843.png

fher.jpg

Everton FC - January 2018 Review

The Premiership

Everton_FixturesSchedule-4_zps7a400636.png

Some great results especially our comeback against Arsenal, our lead has extended to 8 points now as Newcastle start to pull away from the pack a bit too.

BarclaysPremierLeague_OverviewStages-2_zpsc0c9a34a.png

FA Cup

These kids could have a bright future, Howard and Fish are doing extremely well, shame there just isn't enough room to give them a first team spot.

Everton_FixturesSchedule-5_zps01d75a82.png

Transfers

A bit of a late Boxing day sale for me as i cleared out a few players who were getting in the way of rotating my youth players into the squad. Iancu has been less than useful since De Bryne left and McCarthy, as good as he was for me, was asking for too much and stopping my younger talent from getting near the squad. Lewis and Brooks, while getting football, i felt they'd benefit from half a season of serious first team football so were allowed to leave to.

Everton_TransfersTransferHistory_zps8cf84039.png

So 4 first team players went out, only one came in, with another set to join at the end of the season

Gerard Deulofeu - AML/AMR -Loan (Barcalona) - Delboy is back on Goodison, he may not be a higly rated player, but i know how much he can change a game if needed, we've got an option to buy him for 6 mil, which if he does what he did in my first year in charge, may very well be taken up

Dezso Hegedus - GK - Free at end of Season (LOSC) - Signed as a replacement for Pawlowski who after a serious falling out will be leaving the club at the end of the year, one way or another.

Awards

ChrisCook_NewsInbox_zps8d47854e.png

Going along very nicely! How has John Stones developed, out of interest?

it's a tough one that, he doesn't feature in the first team because my other options are alway fit, but despite being only 2.5* now in my team, his stats and match ratings are too good to let go. A Bit like how Shane Duffy is to the original side after a season.

fher.jpg

Everton FC - February 2018 Review

The Premiership

Everton_FixturesSchedule-3_zpsa4292177.png

The run continues but we're not winning certain matches we should be, 4 points dropped against Reading and Swansea leaves Newcastle only 4 points behind us now.

BarclaysPremierLeague_OverviewStages_zps047877ed.png

FA Cup

Howard and Fish are really looking promising and the easy FA cup run is doing them wonders.

Everton_FixturesSchedule-2_zps5578a5ab.png

The Champions League

Advantage Everton, it may only be the first leg but it's 1-0 at half time.

champl_zps3f0e6d9f.png

well here is 4th place United who've spent 112mil on players for a return of 51.

2nd place Newcastle who have the weakest side and only spent 14 mil with a return of 11 (go Enrique)

Chelski down in 3rd have spent 63 and made 20 mil back

Arsenal are the biggest losers, 14th after spending 69 mil and making back 40 but with strong squad, they're even below

Liverpool in 9th who've had their souls ripped out spending only 5mil but selling 50mil worth of talent.

i'll get Man City later

fher.jpg

Everton FC - March 2018 Review

The Premiership

Everton_FixturesSchedule-6_zps0a0046f4.png

That's more like it, some strong wins over some strong sides and a blip at Cardiff, but Newcastle slipped up a bit, giving me some breathing room just intime for my next 2 crucial matches.

BarclaysPremierLeague_OverviewStages-3_zpsbe7095cc.png

FA Cup

Bolton disposed of, we finally get some competition in the cup, only took us to the semi finals to find it.

Everton_FixturesSchedule-7_zps28c36ea1.png

The Champions League

Over powered :( went 1-0 down before finished the half 2-1 up, then we just couldn't compete with them in the 2nd half, though Prowse made it all so close in the end.

Everton_FixturesSchedule-8_zps1d73e84a.png

The Class of 2018

Joe Watkins - AML/R/ST - probably going to be anther future IF for me

Jon Nixon - CB - a few young CB coming through now, may end up with an all English back 4 soon

Scott Brighton - MR/DR - looks to be mainly a wide midfielder, i'll see if i can shape him into a WB though

Stephen Cartwright - CDM - and last but not least, a promising DM who i'll try train into a BWM too.

Archived