Advanced Playermaker on the Wings

After my 4-2-3-1 was an utter failure I've decided to go back to my favorite 4-3-3 (4-1-2-2-1)

871225_Chelsea.jpg

Cole (Full Back, Defend or Support)

Terry (Centre Back, Defend / Stopper)

Luiz (Centre Back, Defend, Cover)

Azpilicueta (Wing Back, Attack)

Mikel (Defensive Midfielder, Support)

Ramires (Ball Winning Midfielder, Defend)

Oscar (Centre Midfielder, Attack)

Juan Mata (Advanced Playmaker???)

Eden Hazard (Inside Forward, Support)

Torres (DLF, Attack)

That's basically the jist of want I want but is an advanced playmaker on the wing effective?

Also, what mentality / strategy do you suggest for a CCC creating tactic? I've tried so many suggestions (4-2-3-1), but I give up a few months in to the season because I'm being outplayed by a far inferior team.

I read the 12 steps guide which I found interesting but none of it helped me find a winning tactic.

The 12 step guide isn't about helping you find a winning tactic, its about getting you to think differently and more logically.

An advanced playmaker can work great on the wing especially in this shape. I'm not sure what you expect from us though as there isn't anything we can say. You'll need to play games and have a look at the match and see what the issues are that you come up against.

One big piece of advice though, ignore the CCC stat completely and the game will be less painful. I wish they'd just remove the stat. A CCC isn't always a clear chance like the name suggest so concentrating on this stats is a bit misleading. What you should do it make sure you have players making space and players running into the space to create good chances. If you have good movement the chances and goals will take care of themselves.

Archived