5 at the back.

I'm at my wits end with this game, this is probably going to be me last attempt to survive past December before my laptop goes out the window.

Has anyone had any success with playing 5 at the back? And if so do you have any tips for making it work?

Cheers

It's way too early to tell, as I've only yet played three friendlies. But so far my tactic with three DC and two wingback works very well. I've won 7-0, 0-5, and 7-0 with Dortmund. Can't wait to see how it goes against better opponents and make further refinements then.

I've done ok with it first season, it tightened up a lot more once I set the wing backs and outside central defenders to "Close down more" and "Tackle Harder" now this was using wing backs in the wing back slots, not the full back slots. A little browsing will tell you a lot of people are having issues with wide defence atm, mostly in back 4's with full backs.

It's going nicely here. Just won the first real test: 3-1 against Bayern München. That won me the supercup :) The defense is very stable so far, their goal was from a corner and most of their shots have been long range attempts.

And another test. My b-team (second/third choice players) beat Stoke 4-1.

Before my game with Hyde crash dumped, I was having some success with a 5 at the back, I set it up as a flat 5-4-1, one of the fb's was wb-support and the other was wb-attack, I also set up the WM's to sit narrower. 5 at the back can be successful Imo as it is a very versatile formation

Archived