match preparation training - help

I have now gone through pre season. I have match preparation training set on full, general training on team cohesion and match training set on tactics

4 weeks in, just before first league game im getting messages from my coaches saying my players are still not understanding tactics and we should improve match preparation.

The formations are all rated as awkward. I've played the same 3 all preseason and got match prep on highst setting. What am i missing? Or does it just take a bit more time to be familiar wiht them?

cheers

It will just take a bit of time. You'll find that before Christmas your squad are familiar enough with your tactic(s) that you can start to shift your focus elsewhere.

Learning 3 tactics at the same time slows the progression down because they have to learn 3 tactics and not one. Also make sure you don't have rest before and after a game ticked for preseason as this slows it down too. Once the season starts you can change it back to rest after a match but in preseason resting them is pointless as you want to build match fitness and have them train.

Anything less than 12 friendlies and the tactic won't be fluid for everything. This can be hard to achieve with certain clubs in the first season due to when the game actually starts.

Learning 3 tactics at the same time slows the progression down because they have to learn 3 tactics and not one. Also make sure you don't have rest before and after a game ticked for preseason as this slows it down too. Once the season starts you can change it back to rest after a match but in preseason resting them is pointless as you want to build match fitness and have them train.

Anything less than 12 friendlies and the tactic won't be fluid for everything. This can be hard to achieve with certain clubs in the first season due to when the game actually starts.

It's not so much that they're not all at fluid - it's that specifically the formation fluidity is very low and not visibly improving past a certain point after quite a few matches.

None of my tactics are getting beyond accomplished when it comes to formation, but they're fluid in other areas, including instructions that I've changed since the competitive season began (I've had to tweak pressing numerous times because the match engine has changed and my preferences have had different outcomes in each match engine update... not huge changes, but pressing is tricky to get right anyway).

Archived