Tactical Familiarity for National Team Management

I am managing a national team (Germany) for two years now and it seems the level of tactical familiarity of my national team's tactic is quite low. I've been employing the exact same tactic in every match since i first took over and even after two years the overall bar level of my tactic familiarity do not even reaches the halfway point. I am wondering if this is because there may not be too many fixtures which the national team plays that causes this problem or is this the same situation for everyone else who manages a national team?

Not that i can play too many fixtures either in the national team if lack of fixture is indeed the problem that causes low level of tactical familiarity for my national team squad. In maximum, as Germany i can only play matches during the Euro or World Cup qualifying rounds with the occasional Confed cup and friendly matches throw in under a single year only.

I was worried about that when I took over Senegal, but when you're coaching what's essential a national "all-star" team, they seem to get by just fine. There's not even a way to train tactics for the team so far as I have found, so I just set up three tactics that I'M familiar with and it makes it easier to make adjustments in-game. And apparently all the teams are in the same situation.

Alright thanks podunkboy. Anyway, are you able to change your match training to other selections other than "tactics only" for your Senegal national team? Because for me, in my national team tactics screen, i've been unable to change the additional focus area of my match training to other training types because it always resets back to "tactics only" after i left and return back to that screen. Note that i do not tick the "runs match training" option for my assistant, so this couldn't be the problem.

Alright, thanks for the clarification podunkboy. I juts hope my tactical familiarity level will rise to at least the mid-point on the bar by the end of next season.

By the way, when you are managing your Senegal, are you able to change your match training? For mine i have been unable to change my match training to other options other than "tactics only" because it keeps resetting back after i changed it. For example, whenever i navigate away from the tactics screen and return back the next time to it the match training will automatically revert back to "tactics only" even after i change to other options, such as "attacking movement" or "attacking set pieces".

I am managing both club and country at the same time and i don't have this problem with switching my match training in my club. I only experience this strange problem with my national team. By the way, i didn't tick "runs match training" for my assistant in my national team either, so i really can't find out what's the problem with it.

I see. It seems raising the tactical familiarity level for national teams is quite a slow process then and could take years to develop to a high level of tactical familiarity.

Anyway, are you facing problems in setting your match training to other than "tactics only" for your national team? It seems i cannot set it to other types of training because it keeps resetting back to the default option of "tactics only" everytime i return back to the tactics screen.

to be honest, I've never moved it off tactics - but I have noticed that their tactical familiarity has improved with their time at the World Cup and preliminary matches for the African Nations Cup.

I see. Then i think this game must be severely glitch then regarding this national team match training problem. Really gutted that this major bug is not fixed at all even after the latest patch, because i would like to switch my national team match training to other focus in the future after i've max out the tactical familiarity level. Now i am totally unable to switch my national team match training focus to other types except "tactics only" because it keeps resetting back and not saving the new changes. I hope SI fixed this glitch in their next versions.

Note: I just got a respond from SI that this is indeed a confirmed bug in this year's FM 2013 version and that they will be looking to fix it for FM 2014.

The thread for reference can be found here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/358325-National-Team-Match-Training

Archived