FC Schaan - The Liechtenstein Youth Challenge

Adriano Rossi

150px-FC_Schaan.png

Now, I know that Liechtenstein teams can only qualify for the Europa League but despite this I'm willing to give the challenge a go with a Liechtenstein team.

wHqDRXe.png?1

MORAPwp.png?1

MMFvlX8.png?1

NKPF8pZ.png?1

FC Schaan is a Liechtensteiner football team that plays in Schaan. The reserve team is called Schaan Azzurri. It is one of the seven official teams in the nation and it plays in the Swiss Football League in 2. Liga, which is the fifth tier. The team annually competes in the Liechtensteiner Cup which was won by the team 3 times in its history. The club runs its youth system in conjunction with FC Vaduz.

Leagues Loaded: Switzerland - Second League Interregional - 5th Tier

Database: Small (easier for processing times)

The Aim:

Topple Vaduz as the best team in Liechtenstein

Get to the top of the Swiss league using only Liechtensteiner players.

After seeing everyone else take on the Youth Challenge with small-ish countries (SRL88 - Békéscsaba 1912 Előre SE - Hungary, Truegunner - Banants - Armenia & Samoth21 - 07 Vestur - Faroe Islands) I decided to give it a go myself and well, this is where I'll document it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good luck and I hope you get out of the drop

Thanks Animosama :)

I always follow the Youth challenge careers, huge fan and play so many of them myself. Good luck with the last two games and ongoing. Never played any Liechtenstein myself. Will you be going for the National job anytime?

Thanks Brettney, I will, but not for a long time.

Hang isn't there a problem with leichenstein where you can't qualify for the champions league? If true that means your limited to the Europa League

There is, I did say in the opening post :p

2012/13 End of Season

League:

fRwG4Pg.png

ryB6LpZ.png

Squad:

XZ8Kdff.png

Youth Products at the club:

Antonello Pica (YP1a)

Simon Cinquetti (YP1b)

Christian Trasarti (YP1c)

Giancarlo Rossi (YP1d)

Paride Padalino (YP1e)

All of these players have a good future at the club and Antonello Pica even scored 17 seconds into his debut!

How other Liechtenstein clubs did in the league structure:

Vaduz - 1st in Challenge League - Promoted

Balzers - 3rd in 1st League Classic group 3

Eschen/Mauren - 4th in 1st League Classic group 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season   | League                                   | Position | Other             |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2012/13  | Swiss 2nd League Interregio Grp 6        |   9th    | Survived          |

Good luck with Schaan. I did a similar challenge with Vaduz (as I hate additionnal files) and had unexpected success with both club (twice in EL final) and nation (WC semis, EC final) and wish you the same success, even though it's gonna take some time. :)

Good luck with Schaan. I did a similar challenge with Vaduz (as I hate additionnal files) and had unexpected success with both club (twice in EL final) and nation (WC semis, EC final) and wish you the same success, even though it's gonna take some time. :)

Thanks Ren, sounds like you had some insane success! My ideal time would be to have this challenge completed by 2060.

2013/14 End of Season

League:

k4I06Ku.png

oaGvMlO.png

Squad:

LreWsPJ.png

Youth Products at the club:

Simon Cinquetti (YP1b)

Christian Trasarti (YP1c)

Paride Paladino (YP1e)

Pietro Fortunato (YP2a)

Gianmarco Zanchi (YP2b)

Is it me or do all of these players sound Italian?

How other Liechtenstein clubs did in the league structure:

Vaduz - 10th Super League - Relegated

Balzers - 3rd in 1st League Classic group 3 - Lost Promotion Playoff

Eschen/Mauren - 4th in 1st League Classic group 3

|Season   | League                                   | Position | Other             |
|2012/13  | Swiss 2nd League Interregio Grp 6        |   9th    | Survived          |
|2013/14  | Swiss 2nd League Interregio Grp 6        |   6th    |     -             |

Archived