Favourite Football Manager Advert?

Hey guys, I was recently trawling through my favourited videos on youtube, and found the football manager 2008 trailer!!

I think it is definitely the best Football Manager advert there has been, it succinctly sums up everything which makes this game so damn great! This got me thinking about more recent FM advert, and I realised that nearly every FM advert after 08, hasn't been particularly great at communicating what the game is about. I know one could argue that FM has such an established core fanbase that it doesn't need to spend loads of money on an amazing trailer, but just looking at the old FM 08 advert always puts me in the mood to play.

I just wanted to know if you guys preferred any of the other advert?

The 2008 advert has been the only one that has had any impact. FM13's were undeniably poor, particularly the giggling schoolboy undertones of the 'Where do you do it?' radio campaign.

To be fair it has to be tough for a PR & marketing firm to come up with a decent idea to advertise a stat heavy PC game that has very limited visuals to work with.

The 2008 advert has been the only one that has had any impact. FM13's were undeniably poor, particularly the giggling schoolboy undertones of the 'Where do you do it?' radio campaign.

To be fair it has to be tough for a PR & marketing firm to come up with a decent idea to advertise a stat heavy PC game that has very limited visuals to work with.

I agree that it must be tough, but the recent Fm adverts have been woeful, especially FM13's as you say.

Archived