Player Sent Off For Two Yellows From Diving Twice!!

Haha, just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

Playing with Tottenham, Defoe started the match brilliantly - 2 goals by the 25th minute against QPR. Goes down in the box after a challenge in the 40th, ref says he dived & gives him a yellow card. Fair enough, it happens.

TWO minutes later, a cross comes in towards him, he goes down under another challenge and ref says he dived again. Second yellow, he's off!!

Two goals & two yellow cards for diving before the first half is even over. Anyone else have a player sent off for the same absurd reason or is my FM's incarnation of Kevin Friend simply no friend, but a foe of Defoe?

:lol:

Love to see that happen. :)

I think it does bring up a small issue with refereeing in the game, though. There are so many instances in real life where a ref makes a decision 'just in case' because he know's if he gets it wrong he'll get dog's abuse. The only one of these that seems to be replicated is fouls on the keeper. There are a lot of instances in the game of defenders being robbed of the ball by a forward and going down, where you just know in real life the ref would blow up even if t didn't look like a foul. Not many refs would have the grapefruits to send someone off for two dives, as they know they'd be slaughtered if one was wrong (probably have a fatwa called on him if both were wrong).

Anyway, sorry for derailing your thread with my ramblings. :D

In my FM 12 Liverpool save, Suarez dived was booked twice for diving in the same match.

This proves that FM12 was a brilliantly realistic game! jk ;)

I think it does bring up a small issue with refereeing in the game, though. There are so many instances in real life where a ref makes a decision 'just in case' because he know's if he gets it wrong he'll get dog's abuse.

You're absolutely right. I'd like to know if this ever happened in real life because I seriously have my doubts. Not only would most players not be stupid enough to risk it on a yellow, but more to the point as you said, I cannot imagine a referee actually having the guts to send someone off for this repeatable offence. A fatwa would be called indeed!

Happened to me with Welbeck. Ended up losing the game because of him!

Glad to know that I'm not the only one its happened to then. I would've been mighty annoyed if I had lost because of it. Thankfully, the 2 goal cushion was enough and I managed to play a False Nine (without a real Nine!) and hold onto the lead for the rest of the match. :p

Yeah, I saw that. Absolutely insane, the ref must've had a bad week with the Missus.

More believable though, as it could objectively be seen as a direct form of dissent.

Mind you, Di Maria would be one of the candidates I would nominate if I had to choose players most likely to be sent off for diving twice too!

If anything FM shows how it should be done in real life. So often a yellow means that a player can get away with loads of stuff because the ref doesn't want to send people off.

If players were booked for diving/dissent and then sent off if they did it again, it would soon stop. See also retrospective reds and yellows for things revealed from video evidence.

Archived