Bringing in youth from another country, Development Problems.

Hey Everyone, After reading the Ajax thread from Cleon and the Stuttgart thread from Madminister i decided to sit down and do my own version, with my favourite club Everton.

I'm doing quite well with the tactics side of my game, finished 5th in the first season, sitting 9th in the 2nd season but i have 3 games in hand and were only 11 games in so.

However i really need to work on my youth development abilities, I have Ross Barkley coming along very nicely, actually in his last 5 games his from is at 7.62 and he's scored 3 goals. Definitely got my centre midfield sorted.

However I bought this player in from Furth II, 530k compensation, 5 star potential so i am very excited about developing him, however in the last two months hes been on my assistant managers list for not performing in training and most of his stats are actually declining. I've had a chat with him saying his training level is not acceptable and he's promised to improve it. So we'll see how that goes, i still have the Youth Development chat to go if he still keeps declining.

Do you train individuals from other countries differently? How important is it to have another player/staff member of the same nationality? He is the only Turkish person at Everton if i recall correctly. Also, his Determination is at 19, with a personality of Determined, is it worth finding a Professional player to tutor him? Or with such a high determination will he still reach his potential effectively.

Thanks for any replies!

okankose.jpg

okankoseprofile.jpg

If he is determined he has high determination (obviously) and ambition. He might have lower professionalism - which may impact his training performance. He might also have low adaptability (hidden attribute) which means he struggles to adapt to living/playing abroad. Tutoring can help with the professionalism - not sure that I've ever noticed changes to adaptability - but hard to measure without seeing the attribute. Cleon's Ajax thread has a very clear section on personality types.

Having someone who can speak the same language does help players settle (you sometimes see a comment to that affect on the personal detail screen). Becoming friends with a mentor helps too. A low adaptability will not only make the player homesick, I think it lengthens the time it takes to learn how to speak English. Therefore when scouting youth prospects it is worth noting whether they can already speak English, what languages your staff speak (I am fairly sure one of my prospects appreciated being able to speak to one of my coaches but I could be mistaken) - or buy them in clusters or pairs. Does Leon Osman speak Turkish? As per the training schedule - your prospect seems pleased with his very heavy schedule - but you might want to drop it back to heavy. His under performance in training may be part of the settling in process - but if it continues that might suggest a low adaptability.

if you dont have any determination 19-20 model pro, perfectionist or professional I would not tutor him, also considering how highly your staff seams to rate him he probably have some sort of good hidden attributes that would indicate he will be able to reach that potential

also keep in mind that development is more about playing time at a level that is as high as possible, you should probably consider using him at the edge of the first team, bring him on around the 60min mark when you have pretty much won a game or you could start him in games you feel you could win regadless of him playing or not

There's been a couple of good suggestions on here so far but this might be having an effect too:

kosel.jpg

What does the player think about his training workload? If he's happy with it it's likely not causing a problem but is one more thing to consider. Also, how long has this dip gone on for? Sometimes players naturally have little dips that they come out of, it might not mean much in the long term.

I wouldn't worry too much about all the red arrows. Your coach did mention that this player has improved. It could be the game rearranging his current CA to match the training schedule. It doesnt mean that he has lost any CA at all. As he gains PA over time, you should see improvements in the attributes. The attributes graph is a more accurate indication of his stats and not the arrows. Also, players in different age groups naturally tend to develop certain parts differently. For example, it's easier to increase a teenager's physical attributes as opposed to mentals while for players over 30, it's easier to improve mentals as opposed to physical attributes.

Regards to personality, I wouldn't mind if determination dropped a little if it means he becomes professional. Since it'll help to speed up his PA gain.

Hey guys, thanks so much for the replies, unfortunately my save game got corrupted, so freaking annoyed cos i really put effort into that save, my laptop ran out of power mid save. FML.

I did however learn a few things, i got Leon Osman to tutor Kose, BIG MISTAKE, i'm not sure what Leon Osmans Determination is off the top of my head but his tutoring caused Kose determination to sharply decrease down to 16, and probably further had i got further in the game. I was extremely annoyed at this but hoped that Kose professionalism would rise from the tutoring enough to make him get the Professional personality, hoping that he would go on the train better and still become a great player. You never know how many goals/morale/assists that decrease in Determination would have cost though.

I followed what you said iwantpie, changed his workload down to heavy (Focus intensity down to Average) and the next month nearly every single stat (minus Determination) increased. Not sure if that would have always happened even if i hadn't changed things but i was happy with it!

Thanks for all the advice guys,

Hey guys, thanks so much for the replies, unfortunately my save game got corrupted, so freaking annoyed cos i really put effort into that save, my laptop ran out of power mid save. FML.

I did however learn a few things, i got Leon Osman to tutor Kose, BIG MISTAKE, i'm not sure what Leon Osmans Determination is off the top of my head but his tutoring caused Kose determination to sharply decrease down to 16, and probably further had i got further in the game. I was extremely annoyed at this but hoped that Kose professionalism would rise from the tutoring enough to make him get the Professional personality, hoping that he would go on the train better and still become a great player. You never know how many goals/morale/assists that decrease in Determination would have cost though.

I followed what you said iwantpie, changed his workload down to heavy (Focus intensity down to Average) and the next month nearly every single stat (minus Determination) increased. Not sure if that would have always happened even if i hadn't changed things but i was happy with it!

Thanks for all the advice guys,

Do you use windows 7? If so you might be able to recover it, I'll tell you how if thats what you use.

Do you use windows 7? If so you might be able to recover it, I'll tell you how if thats what you use.

I do use windows 7, I've moved on from that game, with motivation from your Ajax thread i started with Hoffenheim in Germany, Top youth and Training facilities with some good young prospects in the first team!

If its not too much trouble can you post how to recover from what happened to my Everton game anyway? Just for future reference! Thanks!

I do use windows 7, I've moved on from that game, with motivation from your Ajax thread i started with Hoffenheim in Germany, Top youth and Training facilities with some good young prospects in the first team!

If its not too much trouble can you post how to recover from what happened to my Everton game anyway? Just for future reference! Thanks!

Go to the folder what you save your FM games in but don't go inside it. Right click on the folder and choose 'restore previous version' and you should be able to choose a restore point and get the save back from an earlier save point.

Archived