How do you continue the game into a penalty shootout?

Just happened to me, tried everything people have posted in this thread but none worked so I was forced to just exit the game. Luckily I only lost a couple of weeks but I think that it is appalling that this is still an issue when it was reported almost two years ago...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Daisuke Shirou said:

Are  they ever going to fix this? 

FYI- SI have investigated this in depth and it appears that it will only occur under a particularly unique combination of circumstances right at the end of extra time which they have been unable to reproduce in house.  Users have been able to get round it most of the time, but not making a tactical change around the last minute of extra time will always help.

On 03/02/2013 at 18:08, AllUrBase said:

I've encountered this bug too once. No matter what I tried, the continue button wouldn't appear. In the end just pressing the spacebar took me to the penalty shoot-out.

Same thing happened with me... I have refereshed many time but it couldnt change the scenario..

• 4 weeks later...

The only way I have been able to get around this, is to go on Holiday for a day.

It has also happened when my Head Of Youth Dev makes an offer for a player, and i've allowed them to negotiate their contract, when everything is Accepted and it's time to confirm - I can't. So, Holiday for a day and all good again. I have since set it to where my HoYD doesn't do this.