Assistant Player Reports

Hi all, long time player first time poster here.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the Assistant Manger reports of your players, you know the ones where he gives you a star rating out of 5 for your team?

I'm playing as Luton and most of my team were around the 3 1/2 to 4 star rating and I've since signed a few extra players, some of which far out class the current crop, but the star ratings haven't changed all that much. Now I know that if they were at say Man Utd or Chelsea they wouldn't break the half star mark so I was wondering if this was judged on the rest of the players in your team or the league you are playing in?

I've been looking at the ratings as a way of seeing where my squad needs strengthening, its hard to tell where to improve when your entire squad is just painfully bad but if I stay on 4 1/2 star players even in league 2 when they're clearly not good enough then I'll have to change my approach haha.

Thanks.

If you're going to TEAM REPORT and looking at the first page that appears 'Team Strength' I think, then that page is currently bugged because it shows Potential Ability star ratings of your players instead of their Current Ability star ratings.

Presently you need to hover over the ( ! ) of a player on this screen to see their actual current ability. Or you could go to the third tab that shows the field and all the positions and choose a position and look at the strength in that position.

Unfortunately the first page though is busted at the moment as described above and it is an acknowledged issue by SI. Should be fixed in the next patch I think.

...and yes, the star ratings are judged relative to the league you are playing in and to your squad.

I'd also like to know what causes fluctuations in CA/PA. For instance, Chicharito was always 3-star CA and 4-star PA throughout my first season. Then my second season begins and suddenly his PA has dropped to 3 stars, indicating he has reached his peak ability. What's the deal with that? He didn't get seriously injured in the offseason so why has his potential dropped? It just seemed so random.

It depends on the player. SI have fixed some player's ability and potential, i.e. 170. But for others it might be -10, ,9, etc. Minus numbers mean that their ability and potential are not fixed, which means it can fluctuate. You can check the data out in the editor. Another thing to bear in mind is game time and training, quality of training facilities and coaches.I think this is right?

The star rating is based both on the potential ability with respect to the league and with respect to the whole team. Moreover, your Asst. Manager PA/PP ability counts too. Other than that fall in CA of the player due to injury or not getting games also do decrease star rating.

I'd also like to know what causes fluctuations in CA/PA. For instance, Chicharito was always 3-star CA and 4-star PA throughout my first season. Then my second season begins and suddenly his PA has dropped to 3 stars, indicating he has reached his peak ability. What's the deal with that? He didn't get seriously injured in the offseason so why has his potential dropped? It just seemed so random.

Could've been because you improved your squad greatly

Archived