European Union Clan FM2013

8163636005_baa62a2c40_b.jpg

The EUC, lower league management at its best is back.

CM4, CM03/04, FM05, FM06, FM07, FM08, FM09, FM10, FM11, FM12, FM13

and

FML (Keane and Valderrama)

This is our 11th Season, 10th year as a clan and still going........................

Once again we're taking on the lowest depths of Scottish football, with no money, with some players and very little fans only your managerial ability will save you.

Taking on the hardest challenge on the LLM online scene maybe its bravery, maybe it’s a little bit of madness, more than likely the drink but it’s a challenge we’re up for and ready to tackle head on.

Starting once again in the Scots 2nd & 3rd Divisions these brave soul from across the globe will challenge to rule Scottish football and bring the glory days back to the SPL before heading south to the bright lights of the EPL (some might jump beforehand)

Full Clan rules, information, applications and some drunken rants will be available on the clans website and FB page.

As the late Great Bill Shankly once said about the Legend, “Jock, you are immortal now “

Can any of us get even close ??????

The specs

Full Scottish leagues with English Premiership and Championship open (other may open and close)

Sunday from 16:00 - 03:00

The Team

Taavi Hinno - Been with the clan since FM06, his style of management has been regarded as unique as Taavi is loyal to his starting club and will stay with them until he's no longer wanted, was 2nd in FM08

Steven Plumb - First joined the clan back in FM05 before leaving in FM07 and rejoined again for FM12.

Rob Knott - Been a member since FM07 was FM09 topdog, Rob shows no mercy to bank managers nor does he show loyalty to clubs, well known for his carefree attitude about money, he's quite happy to bankrupt a club and move on.

Paul Fotheringham - Snapped up from the FML GW Valderrama in FM11, speaks his mind, never holds back was the clans topdog in FM12, like Rob cares nothing of money, just wants the glory.

Joined the clan in FM09 after befriending a few of the members at the time in the FML GW Keane, was FM10 topdog, finished 2nd last year to Paul, deals with the clans website.

Jim Barclay - Joined not long after Taavi in FM06, left at the end of FM07, returned in FM11, failed to make the EPL last time, will be looking to improve this time around.

Ed Kelley - Joined in FM09 along with Neil from the FML GW Keane, he our stateside man in the know ;)

Davie Orr - Joined in CM03/04, making me ;) the longest serving member, was FM11 topdog.

Craig Stevens - Joined in FM12, was actually a member of the FML GW Valderamma, also part of the clans FIFA team (PS3)

Alex Holligan - Was a member back in FM06 briefly, he did quit the FM scene until FML came along, before getting the FM bug back rejoined in FM09, was a part of the original Scots Clan back in the days of 56k modems.

Stephen Japp Joined in the 4th season, massive Hearts fan.

Jonny Kaufman former member returned in the 6th season with East Stirlingshire.

another former member, last played in FM08, returned to take over Stirling Albion.

Darren Turner The man from the valleys

Stephen Japp Scotlands no1 jam tarts supporter

Lambert Along Oaf - is a non member that hosts and does all our PR work.

former members

Andy O'Malley - Joined in FM07, was FM08 topdog - left cause he couldn't get a DL tactic to work :thdn:

Kieran O'Malley - Join the clan mid-way thru FM12, He's the nephew of Andy - poor attendance.

Andrew Scattergood Joined in the 4th season, got hammered by Davie 5-1 was never seen again.

Neil Davis - met a girl and quit???

Emir Karakurt former member that returned and couldn't hack the pace.

The European Union Clan is currently full, so sorry no asking for a spot places, the clan will follow the forum rules and only recruit from the available players thread (FM12 we used 17 FM11 we used 19 players, FM10 17)

steam page.

twitter page.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8163633175_cfdfd8e90b.jpg

'Oh no not again' I thought to myself, what am I doing up in Scotland. Its so god dam cold up here!!

Ive taken over at Montrose, after a meeting with the chairman Derek Sim he offered me a 1 season contract at the club and an expectation of a mid table finish. We agreed that this could be achieved but I beleived we could push even higher, A promotion place was what I wanted for this team if we could strengthen the team. I spoke to the staff at the club and have had my 1st training session with the lads, the team is very weak at the back so this is something that I am going to have to address, as well as a goal keeper if we was to do anything this season. The problem we have is money, so have very little of it and no budget to spend so a few players are going to have to leave the club. The staff also needs sorting out, we lack coaches and scouts so I plan on speaking with the board about that to increase the numbers. Also the stadium is of a dire state, Links park is falling down and is in need of a facelift. This will come with time if things go to plan.

8176295417_fbaed2f8c6.jpg

Links Park, Montrose

The key players we have are the two McIntosh players that we have on loan from Dundee and St Johnstone. Leighton McIntosh is an excellent striker and we are going to be depending on him to bring us the goals this season. And sitting in the midfield we will have Ricky McIntosh who is going to be a busy players in the middle and we will be looking for him to dictate the player and supply the passes to the frontman. The rest of the team is pretty average, we need to look towards the free transfers to try bolster the squad. With a media prediction of 8th we are safe to say we are not one of the better sides in the league and its going to be a long hard season.

8163633229_15282198ae.jpg

I took over Brechin City a Semi Pro club in Scottish Division 2. Brechin is in the North east of Scotland. My media prediction was 4th so i would have to have a good season in the league or probably face the sack at the end of it if i finished in the lower places of the league. I started my reign at Brechin my releasing 6 fringe players that were not good enough. My first signing was Striker Jamie Longworth from Division 3 side Queen's Park i then brought in 2 young players on loan from Dundee, Cameron Kerr a right back and Graham Webster a Centre midfielder. I have relied heavily on loans bringing in 5 with another in from Dundee and 2 others from Falkirk and Newcastle United.

After a fairly strong pre season spirits were high in the Brechin camp going into the first games of the season which were cup games. We beat Peterhead 1-0 in the Challenge Cup but bowed out of the League Cup at the first round against Stenhousemuir who we would then lose to a week later in the league. Our Challenge Cup run continued as we beat East Stirling 1-0. A 2-2 draw with Arbroath left us still looking for our first win in the league and that didn't come until the start of September when we beat Stranraer 7-3 which included a hattrick from Andy Jackson. Our fantastic Challenge Cup run continued as we beat Dumbarton 5-1 which put us into the Semi Final's and left us dreaming of a trip to Hampden Park. After a big 6-4 win against Forfar things were looking up for our season and from the 6th of October we went on a 6 game unbeaten run until the middle of November. During this period we also booked our place in the Challenge Cup Final where we would play Rangers a game which we lost 2-0 and also started a poor run where we lost 3 consecutive League games and lost in the 4th Round of the Scottish Cup against Ross County. At the start of January we lie 3rd in the league and in the play off spot 11 points away from top of the league Queen Of The South.

Our top players this year have been strikers Jamie Longworth and Andy Jackson who have scored 24 goals between them and will hopefully continue and push to get 20 goals each which will put us there abouts come the end of the season.

Up the Brechin.

8163667098_fcf2b3d4df.jpg

Beginning life in the Scottish 3rd Divison is never going to be easy and with a team like Berwick Rangers its not gonna get any easier. With Glasgow Rangers in the division you might look around and see who will be up there at the end of the season challenging them..tbh i saw nobody challenging.

Berwick themselves had to achieve at least a mid table finish for the forthcoming season but it wasnt going to be easy..Berwick looked a team that just been thrown together at the last minute. So much work needs to be done to them in places over the pitch such as goalkeeper and strikers, but there have been one or two shining examples of what i was looking for here from players such as Steven Notman(rb) and Lee Currie(mc).

During the first half of the season Berwick were getting battered left right and center by almost all the teams that played them, knocked out the Challenge cup(Annan) and League cup(Livingston) early then beaten in the first 3 league games. Sitting bottom we came up against Davie Orr's Clyde who were not doing too bad themselves at this point of the season, finally a game where we looked to be on top and actually showing what the boys can do we came out of this one with a 2-0 win. After that more losses soon appeared once again and we had gone back to being the shakey and nervous team from the past few games again and this has continued on for a while. As of december 1st 2012 Taavi Hinno's Annan had come to town and left with the 3 points as Berwick once again hadnt shown up - with a 5-0 defeat at home it then appeared that the board had decided that enough was enough and Stevens had a memo left on his desk to pick up the results.

A few games later and it was clear to see that the memo had worked and Berwick were picking up a few wins and draws here and there in their last 4 games, only losing once and to a 1-0 defeat to the hands of Neil Davis' Montrose.

Berwick's season took abit of a turn towards the end of the season picking up some much needed results on their way up the table reaching 8th for the season with a predicted media finish of 6th. The most noteable result was a 3-1 demolition of promotion chasing Elgin City led by Paul Fotheringham, after he smack talked the crap outta my team calling them an easy win.. we showed him by helping to cost him dearly in the promotion hunt.

521605_440192872704418_379438562_n.jpg

AYR UNITED - SEASON REVIEW 2012/13

Ayr.jpg

Welcome to Somerset Park, home of Ayr United.

Relegated through last seasons play-offs they now find themselves in the Scottish Second Division, something Chairman Archibald Leitch is not happy about. After firing Mark Roberts he set about looking for a suitable replacement to take the honest men back up the league. A chance meeting with unknown Stoke-on-Trent born manager Jim Barclay who was in the area visiting relatives lead to talks being held.Lack of money, lack of options and lack of time until the campaign kicked off resulted in Leitch offering Barclay a one year deal. Whats the worst that could happen?

Barclay emailed his notice through to Bradwell Beavers F.C. and set about preparing for what lay ahead. First things first, let see what i'm working with.

[TABLE=class: wikitable sortable jquery-tablesorter, width: auto]

[TR]

PositionPlayer[/TR]

[TR=class: vcard agent]

[TD]Goalkeeper[/TD]

[TD]Ally Brown [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Goalkeeper[/TD]

[TD]Darren Martin [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Goalkeeper[/TD]

[TD]Bobby McLatchie [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[TD]Adam Hunter [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[TD]Darren Brownlie [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[TD]Marc Twaddle [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[TD]Martyn Campbell [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[TD]Jackson Longridge [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[TD]Kyle McAusland (on loan from Rangers) [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[TD]Austin McCann [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[TD]John Robertson [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Defender[/TD]

[TD]Alan Murdoch [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Midfielder[/TD]

[TD]Robbie Crawford [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Midfielder[/TD]

[TD]Anthony Marenghi [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Midfielder[/TD]

[TD]Darren McGill [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Midfielder[/TD]

[TD]Michael McGowan [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Midfielder[/TD]

[TD]Ryan McStay [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Midfielder[/TD]

[TD]David Sinclair [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Midfielder[/TD]

[TD]Mark Shankland [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Midfielder[/TD]

[TD]Aaron Wyllie [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Forward[/TD]

[TD]Darian MacKinnon (on loan from Hamilton Academical) [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Forward[/TD]

[TD]Michael Moffat [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Forward[/TD]

[TD]Roddy Patterson [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Forward[/TD]

[TD]Mark Roberts [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Forward[/TD]

[TD]Ross Robertson [/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Forward[/TD]

[TD]David Winters [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

A nice sized squad for the division with a couple of loan players, things may be ok.

Six more players were signed during the course of the season (1 on loan).

French winger Jeremy Judith was the first to sign, quickly followed by defender Dominic Green who joined on a season long loan from Motherwell. In January the squad was bolstered by left back Greg Hunter, swedish teenage midfielder Timothy Mjallby and veteran striker Jim Lister signed to reignite a flagging front line that was struggling following Darian Mackinnon's return to Hamilton. Goalkeeper Mark Oxley was also added in January. Mark Roberts and Austin McCann were the only casualties of the new regime.

Ayr started the campaign against Rob Knott's Albion Rovers who were also under new management. It didn't go well for the honest men, as they were comprehensively beaten 3-0. A further 2 defeats saw Barclay go back to the drawing board and change the formation to a 4-4-2 as Mckinnon wasn't the type of player who could play up top on his own. The change brought instant rewards as Ayr found their feet and started to climb the table. The division was tight all season with the top 6 teams swapping places weekly.

Archibald Leitch declared himself satisfied at the halfway point with Ayr sitting in second place behing Queen of the South. A good run had seen them pushing the leaders, with a particular highlight being the 5-0 win against Arbroath who would eventually go on to take the title and get revenge in a 5-1 reverse.

The final table saw Ayr in fourth place with 15 wins, 7 draws and 14 defeats. A slightly disappointing finish to what was an impressive start. Fourth position meant a play-off and unfortunately it was against the First Divisions ninth placed side - Cowdenbeath.

The first leg of this semi-final took place at Somerset Park, and with home advantage Ayr were looking to go into the second leg with a lead. Cowdenbeath had other ideas, they were intent on ruining the party. A tense match saw Ayr go ahead early on but as the first half grew older Cowdenbeath lived up to their nickname of the blue Brazil and ran out 2-1 winners.

The second leg was a mere 3 days away and after such a big occasion many of the players were phsyically struggling but an epic encounter was witnessed by everyone at Central Park. As in the previous match Ayr went ahead but they were pegged back just before the break.

A 3-3 draw was the final score, left back Mark Twaddle hitting the post in injury time was almost too much to take and Cowdenbeath went through to the final with a 5-4 aggregate scoreline.

Despite his late miss, Twaddle was one of the players of the season. Also fellow strikers Marc Dyer (10 goals in 19 games) and Michael Moffat (23 in 40) were worthy of a mention. Many of the supporters couldn't help but wonder if it would have been a different story had Ayr managed to extend the loan of Mckinnon who weighed in with a healthy return of 14 goals in 17 games.

As the season ended and the players left on the nearest budget airline to Magaluf, Chairman Archibald Leitch called manager Jim Barclay to his office to discuss his and Ayr's future. Several hours passed and pen was put to paper on a four year deal.

Barclay set about improving his squad and hopefully Ayr's position next season but with the likes of Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton coming down and an impressive looking Annan Athletic joining the division, it may be a long season ahead.

Then of course theres Rangers...........

8163667052_d27f87d235.jpg

Oh why God why?

After sharing a few drinks with Chic Charnley and John Alexander in the Balmore bar in Possilpark in Glasgow's northside, I was roped into taking the Clyde managers job.

After Jim Duffy was shown the door for demanding a payrise that included two bottles of irn-bru and three highland toffees a WEEK!!!!

I was given one task 'Don't finish bottom'

Well money was tight and I daren't ask for any, c'mon look what happened to Jim Duffy :/

So I managed to bring in two players on frees (Paul Sludden and Matthew Harris) and retained the squad I had, well pretty pointless releasing players I ain't got a clue about, may as well give them a season at least.

we had been tipped to finished 7th by the local media, so right away I knew I was up against it, more so when Rangers where up 1st in Challenge cup

A 6-1 trashing from the former Scottish champions in my opening match was the lowest point of the season, so best to get the low point out of the way early doors ;)

we flirted with the play offs a few times but come the end it just proven to be too much as we missed out by one point to Annan Athletic.

Top Goalscorer Paul Sludden 12

Fans player of the Year Michael Oliver

Average attendance 862

Biggest attendance 2733 v's Rangers SD3

Scottish Div 3 5th

Scottish Cup 2nd rnd

League cup 1st rnd

Challenge cup 1st rnd

8163666770_fe398ea208.jpg

FFS ALLY

So after a terrific football manager 2012 foth started football manager 13 with Elgin city nicknamed the amazing black and whites. the season started very well unbeaten in 6 games, then went uneven with some games here and there won lost and drawn then came the mid season TUMBLE 6 losses in a row!!!! After raging with the team releasing players and changing ass men i changed to 451 craig gunn BANG BANG scored a barrel of goals in the 2nd half of the season and we finished 1 point off the playoffs and an average 6th in the table 1 goal behind fierce rivals Clyde (Davie Orr) The highlight of the season was Elgin the only team to beat the mighty Glasgow rangers!! Elgin decided to offer foth a new contract with the hope of a top 4 finish in the 2nd season!!

Scottish Second Division season 12/13

| Pos   | Inf   | Team          |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   | C     | Arbroath      | Plumb | 36    | 19    | 9     | 8     | 67    | 40    | +27   | 66    | 
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   | P     | Queen of Sth  |       | 36    | 18    | 9     | 9     | 67    | 55    | +12   | 63    | 
| 3rd   |       | Alloa         |       | 36    | 17    | 11    | 8     | 58    | 42    | +16   | 62    | 
| 4th   |       | Ayr           |  Jim  | 36    | 15    | 7     | 14    | 60    | 57    | +3    | 52    | 
| 5th   |       | Brechin       |Kieran | 36    | 15    | 5     | 16    | 59    | 53    | +6    | 50    | 
| 6th   |       | East Fife     |  Ed   | 36    | 11    | 16    | 9     | 42    | 36    | +6    | 49    | 
| 7th   |       | Stenhousemuir |       | 36    | 13    | 8     | 15    | 47    | 50    | -3    | 47    | 
| 8th   |       | Forfar        |       | 36    | 12    | 8     | 16    | 58    | 71    | -13   | 44    | 
| 9th   | R     | Albion Rovers |  Rob  | 36    | 7     | 10    | 19    | 30    | 55    | -25   | 31    | 
| 10th  | R     | Stranraer     |       | 36    | 7     | 9     | 20    | 56    | 85    | -29   | 30    | 
|       |       |               |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

Scottish Third Division season 12/13

| Pos   | Inf   | Team               |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   | C     | Rangers            |       | 36    | 33    | 2     | 1     | 119   | 22    | +97   | 101   | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Montrose           |  Neil | 36    | 18    | 4     | 14    | 69    | 63    | +6    | 58    | 
| 3rd   |       | Peterhead          |  Alex | 36    | 17    | 6     | 13    | 73    | 63    | +10   | 57    | 
| 4th   | P     | Annan              | Taavi | 36    | 13    | 10    | 13    | 71    | 72    | -1    | 49    | 
| 5th   |       | Clyde              | Davie | 36    | 14    | 6     | 16    | 62    | 69    | -7    | 48    | 
| 6th   |       | Elgin City         | Foth  | 36    | 14    | 6     | 16    | 55    | 63    | -8    | 48    | 
| 7th   |       | Stirling           |  Andy | 36    | 13    | 8     | 15    | 79    | 72    | +7    | 47    | 
| 8th   |       | Berwick            |  Craig| 36    | 11    | 8     | 17    | 59    | 76    | -17   | 41    | 
| 9th   |       | Queen's Park       |       | 36    | 8     | 8     | 20    | 48    | 93    | -45   | 32    | 
| 10th  |       | East Stirlingshire |       | 36    | 7     | 6     | 23    | 49    | 91    | -42   | 27    | 
|       |       |                    |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

We were very busy during the transfer windows and managed to sign a total of 30 players during the season. Alot of these were high potential youth players that are now playing in the under 19 team until there ready for 1st team football. But some key signing were made including Aaron Murdoch, Creag Little, Ollie Cummings and Bob Campbell.

We started the season lining up in a 442 formation, after a few games it wasnt working, there we wasnt creating enough chances and the defending was terrible, Only 2 wins in the 1st 6 league games was not good enough so I brought the lads in for some extra training session as we worked on a new attacking set up. playing with the lone striker we would be giving plenty of support from the attacking midfielder and 2 wide wingers. this seemed to work well from pretty early on and we stuck with this formation for the rest of the season as we slowly climbed the table to finish in a very respectable 2nd place and in the playoffs for a chance to gain promotion to Division Two.

1. Rangers - 101 Points

2. Montrose - 58 Points

3. Peterhead - 57 Points

Rangers Dominated the league winning 33 of their 36 matches with just the single defeat as they played their youth side vs Paul Fotheringhams Elgin City. A strong Peterhead team set the pace in the league as we challenged for the playoff places but some great form near the end of the season saw us move into second place in the league and set up a playoff showdown will Alex Holligans Peterhead.

8176439002_9249d8bdd7_z.jpg

I was not happy about getting destroyed 4-2 in the 1st leg and we couldn't save it in the 2nd leg at home as we finished the game 4-4 in a thrilling game. Alex unfortunately lost in the final to Taavi's Annan side to gain promotion alsong with Rangers. Next season we will have no more Rangers to pump us and we Believe we can push for that number 1 spot and automatic promotion.

8163632967_c14b5eac86.jpg

Start of the career, Season 2012/2013

As it was, I was on my way back to Scotland, land of the highlanders and monsters. I opened my Google Maps in order to find this place called Annan. And there it was... near the town of Lowthertown.. how the hell will I get there???

I will not talk much about my travels to this remote place, but once I got there, this is what I had to work with:

Team name: Annan Athletic FC

Founded: 1942

League: Division 3, Scotland

Past season results: Average

Expectation from the board: Mid table

Team quality: Crap!

The only nice thing was the welcoming sign on the wall of the clubs dressing room: Welcom mr. For-Free-Free. And besides that all wingers had already packed their bags and left the club on mutual agreement. Nice, less firinig for me to do.

So... while preparing fo the season, the main points were:

1. Change the teams palying formation to 433

2. Fire all crap players

3. Find some decent players

4. Achieve boards expectations

First 2 points were easy, the 3rd one was amost impossible and at the end of the season, the 4th point was achieved, with a little bonus called PROMOTION!

The season itself was very unstable and we were constantly fighting for 4th-7th place. By achieving the 4th on the last day of the season, we took out the maximum and went up to compete on a higher level season 2013/14.

But a lot of rebuilding was to be done....

To be continued...

We went into 2013 looking to have a strong 2nd part of the season and make a playoff/promotion push. But we would soon find out it would be a mixed end to the season. We just

couldn't get a good run going. We brought in George Brislen Hall from Inverness, Greg Birmingham on loan from Dundee and Jordan Mustoe on loan from Wigan to help us out with the promotion push. But we had no momentum and couldn't pick up the results that mattered the most. We finished the season with 4 straight defeats which ultimately cost us a place in the play offs. We ended up finishing 5th 2 points away from the last play off place.

Andy Jackson finished the season with 20 goals and Jamie Longworth bagging 11, he had a disappointing end to the season. Andy Jackson also won Fans Player of the year a well deserved accolade for the Irish striker. We will hope for some of the same next season.

Up The Brechin!

Brechin City 2013/14 Season Preview

We enter our second season with a media prediction of 6th. This is 2 places lower than last season due to the fact we have Rangers in our league. The board were quite generous with wages and transfer budget and i had a bit of everything to spend. I started off my signing a few pre contract deals. Spanish Winger Pablo Navas from Div 1 Cowdenbeath. Stirling's top scorer Scott Davidson and a young CM from Rangers Dylan Dykes. My main priority was bringing in a new goalie and Graeme Smith was the perfect man for the job. I brought in Northern Irish defender Peter Bradley and brought a bit of African culture to squad by signing striker Joseph Acquah. Then i wanted to spend my money so i looked at who my scouts could find and they found me 2 players from Dumbarton. Ross Forsyth a 30 year old Left back from Dumbarton and a CM also from Dumbarton Chris Turner. My final transfers were free transfers CB Ryan Harding and Ex Dundee and Brechin loanee from last season Graham Webster.

Pre season games did not go to plan losing every friendly game. It came to the Cup games and we beat Forfar in the Challenge Cup and beat Ed Kelley's East Fife in the League Cup.

Greg Birmingham scoring in both these games. We started the league off with a 0-0 draw at home to Alloa and bowed out of the Challenge Cup at the hands of Partick Thistle. Our first league win came courtesy of Taavi Hinno's promoted Annan Athletic side who we beat 4-1 with a hattrick from new signing Chris Turner. A League Cup 2nd round tie against SPL side

Dundee awaits us.

Up The Brechin!

After last seasons Playoff heartache we wanted to make sure we took full advantage of the fact that rangers were no longer in this league and we could push for that number 1 spot in the table and avoid the playoffs this time. WE started the season the just 1 defeat in the 1st 10 games and the new signing we made were fitting in well with the rest of the squad. Our biggest signing of the season was bringing in Polish striker Andrzej Kleczkowski, signed on a free transfer from Huntly we was pinning our hopes on him grabbing the goals, Although we had trouble speaking due to the language barrier he understood what we wanted of him and despite numerous attempts to pronounce his name correct we decided that we would just call him "Mr Poland"

we signed alot of other players during pre-season including, Craig Moore from Motherwell, Colin Hamilton from Arbroath aswell as a two players that were without a club and joined us for the new season.

8186364280_653ee62537_c.jpg

It was a tight close race between us and Alex Holligans Peterhead, swapping places a few times during the final few games of the season and eventually coming out with the title after beating queens park in the second to last game of the season to confirm the title. Here you can see the final few weeks positions.

8186386870_e07eea73ff_c.jpg

(Montrose - Red) (Peterhead - Green)

It was a tight and nervous end to the season with us and Peterhead both slipping up a few times during the final run in but Alex was unable to catch us and we picked up the title, A Fantastic season for the club as we look forward to next season in the Scottish Second Division, Its going to be a hard season and we will be favorites to go back down so we are going to have to bring in a few new faces if we are to do anything next season. Good news is that the clubs top scorer from this season 'Mr Poland' has signed a 1 year extension to his contract and we will be hoping for more of the same from him.

8163666738_636c6c5acf.jpg

Albion Rovers look to Knott to fill managerial role

Rob Knott's first managerial job in football has come at Scottish minnows from the North Lanarkshire town of Coatbridge.

22155632.jpg

On a shoestring budget of 2k a week it was going to be a busy summer of in's and outs as knott looked to shape a squad of his own ready for Division two.

ppppy.png

The team started very well and won 5 out of 5 games and looked to cause a few upsets this season, only to see them start to struggle and morale soon dropped like a lead baloon.

The team struggled to score goals and soon found themselves in a relegation battle.

The team failed to recover and were relegated to Division 3.

Player of the Year: Mick O Bryne

Managers Player of the year: Flavio Paixao

Average attendance : 329

*Knott has stated hes looking towards the future and getting the club back to where they belong*

Scottish First Division season 13/14

| Pos   | Inf   | Team            |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   | C     | Inverness CT    |       | 36    | 20    | 7     | 9     | 65    | 40    | +25   | 67    | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Partick Thistle |       | 36    | 17    | 10    | 9     | 59    | 37    | +22   | 61    | 
| 3rd   |       | Falkirk         |       | 36    | 16    | 9     | 11    | 64    | 56    | +8    | 57    | 
| 4th   |       | Raith           |       | 36    | 15    | 7     | 14    | 49    | 39    | +10   | 52    | 
| 5th   |       | Queen of Sth    |       | 36    | 13    | 11    | 12    | 55    | 65    | -10   | 50    | 
| 6th   |       | Dunfermline     |       | 36    | 12    | 9     | 15    | 49    | 53    | -4    | 45    | 
| 7th   |       | Morton          |       | 36    | 11    | 12    | 13    | 61    | 71    | -10   | 45    | 
| 8th   |       | Livingston      |       | 36    | 10    | 10    | 16    | 52    | 61    | -9    | 40    | 
| 9th   | R     | Arbroath        | Plumb | 36    | 11    | 7     | 18    | 40    | 51    | -11   | 40    | 
| 10th  | R     | Airdrie         |       | 36    | 9     | 10    | 17    | 47    | 68    | -21   | 37    | 
|       |       |                 |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

Scottish Second Division season 13/14

| Pos   | Inf   | Team          |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st   | C     | Rangers       |       | 36    | 27    | 6     | 3     | 79    | 25    | +54   | 87    | 
| 2nd   | P     | Dumbarton     |       | 36    | 18    | 7     | 11    | 68    | 44    | +24   | 61    | 
| 3rd   |       | Alloa         |       | 36    | 15    | 10    | 11    | 46    | 45    | +1    | 55    | 
| 4th   |       | Stenhousemuir |       | 36    | 15    | 10    | 11    | 54    | 55    | -1    | 55    | 
| 5th   |       | Annan         | Taavi | 36    | 14    | 7     | 15    | 60    | 55    | +5    | 49    | 
| 6th   |       | Brechin       |Kieran | 36    | 13    | 10    | 13    | 60    | 66    | -6    | 49    | 
| 7th   |       | Cowdenbeath   |       | 36    | 13    | 9     | 14    | 70    | 74    | -4    | 48    | 
| 8th   |       | Ayr           |  Jim  | 36    | 14    | 3     | 19    | 55    | 60    | -5    | 45    | 
| 9th   | R     | Forfar        |       | 36    | 10    | 7     | 19    | 50    | 65    | -15   | 37    | 
| 10th  | R     | East Fife     | Ed*   | 36    | 3     | 7     | 26    | 34    | 87    | -53   | 16    | 
|       |       |               |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

*Ed was sacked on 15.03.14

Scottish Third Division season 13/14

| Pos   | Inf   | Team               |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st   | C     | Montrose           |  Neil | 36    | 20    | 8     | 8     | 78    | 46    | +32   | 68    | 
| 2nd   | P     | Peterhead          |  Alex | 36    | 18    | 10    | 8     | 65    | 47    | +18   | 64    | 
| 3rd   |       | Elgin City         |  Foth | 36    | 18    | 4     | 14    | 78    | 63    | +15   | 58    | 
| 4th   |       | East Stirlingshire |       | 36    | 15    | 9     | 12    | 67    | 64    | +3    | 54    | 
| 5th   |       | Albion Rovers      |  Rob  | 36    | 14    | 9     | 13    | 50    | 46    | +4    | 51    | 
| 6th   |       | Stranraer          |       | 36    | 13    | 10    | 13    | 58    | 61    | -3    | 49    | 
| 7th   |       | Clyde              | Davie | 36    | 13    | 10    | 13    | 50    | 56    | -6    | 49    | 
| 8th   |       | Berwick            | Craig | 36    | 14    | 5     | 17    | 65    | 61    | +4    | 47    | 
| 9th   |       | Queen's Park       |       | 36    | 10    | 8     | 18    | 53    | 72    | -19   | 38    | 
| 10th  |       | Stirling           |  Andy | 36    | 5     | 7     | 24    | 42    | 90    | -48   | 22    | 
|       |       |                    |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

Brechin ended up finishing 6th. It was a very close season and could of gone either way at one stage we were 3 points from the promotion play offs and 3 points from the relegation play offs so it could of gone either way. Once again a very inconsistent end to the season from us. The club did make a great signing by bringing in Ferrie Boddie the Dutch centre midfielder who used to play for Swansea. Our top scorer for the season was once again Andy Jackson. Fans player of the year went to Centre Midfielder Chris Turner on his debut season and also won my vote for Managers Player Of the year.

We go into the 14/15 season making 7 signings. For the 3rd season running we brought back striker Greg Birmingham from Dundee on loan. Former Arbroath striker Darren Gribben. Midfielder Gregor Fotheringham, Ex Hamilton full back Ziggy Gordon, a full back from Arbroath; Jonathan Tiffoney and ex Dundee United goalkeeper Filip Mental. Our pre season wasn't the best we won 1 game drew 1 and lost 3 but the competitive side of things started very well as we beat Cove Rangers in the 1st round of the Challenge Cup 2-0 thanks to two goals from Paul Mclean. We then beat Taavi Hinno's Annan 3-0 in the Scottish League Cup with goals from Graham Webster, Greg Birmingham and Andy Jackson. Andy Jackson then suffered a sprained ankle and was ruled out of action for 6 weeks. Our first league game was against Neil Davis' Montrose who were newly promoted, we won 1-0 thanks to a goal from Greg Birmingham

"Hey Davie boy we got you a director of football, since your a complete tool at signing players.

oh come on boss surely me and Chic, should be allowed to sign our own players as we're building a team around our tactics, more importantly its our necks on the line??

eh no your a tool, but I see your point regarding your neck on the line, so you can have the final say.

aye fair enough :(

Season started with a director of football being placed in to help aid with transfers in and out

8208408598_53bccfcd62_h.jpg

basically all he did was get some loans in and release a whole bunch of kids

8207326699_9b773e5679_b.jpg

8208419744_ed7a4a50c1_b.jpg

As you can see from my fixtures ONE league win before Christmas, then boom come the new year we turned the corner, which makes you wonder what if, what if David Moyles never gave me that advice!!!!!

Season 2013/2014, Division 2

Same as a season before, we were in a situation were the team was not good enough. Previous years success was commenetd by many as "lucky" and that only increased the pessure before the beginning of new campaign.

The board expected us to fight against relegation and we were predicted to finish 10th. Of course, my job as a manager was to proove these ppredictions and expectations wrong.

Again long preseason started with looking for players all over, but due to the limits on wage and teams low reputation, we only managed to snap one decent player, called Joe McKee.

And then the season started.

First few games gave us the idea, how difficult the season will be. We did not manage to play our game due to much tougher opposition and only managed few lucky draws. But as the season went on, the team adopted to the league and again, against all odds, we finished 5th in Division 2.

Final team stats:

Pos: 5th

Wind: 14

Draws: 7

Losses: 15

GD: +5

With the season anding on such a high note, we again had to keep calm and understand that the differences are not that big in the league and if we are not to improve, we could as well be fighting for relegation the season to come.

And on that note we all went on holiday, who went to ski and who went to swim. But in a short time we are to meet again and fight another season in Division 2, Season 2014/2015

To be continued....

Season 2014/2015, Division 2

As it was expected, the second try in Division 2 was more difficult.

Again, during the preseason we did not find any decent players to strenghten the team, and that also showed in results.

All thoughout the season we were having problems scoring goals, making us one of the worst teams in the Division on the count of wins, at the same time being top team on draws.

This was the first time me, as a manager, had to look in a mirror and ask myself.. is it me or is teh team just bad? The answer of course is, that the team is bad, so nothing more to take a deep breath and continue my unsignificatnt career as a Division 2 manager somwhere in Scotland.

Finalt team stats for season 2014/2015:

Position: 7th

Wins: 9

Draws: 12

Losses: 15

GD: -1

As the preaseason of another campaign is approaching, the aim to find some players good enough to increase the quality in order to take the next step. Otherwise this torture of Division 2 mediocaracy will continue....

To be continued....

Scottish Second Division season 14/15

| 1st   | C     | Peterhead     |  Alex | 36    | 23    | 9     | 4     | 74    | 31    | +43   | 78    | 
| 2nd   | P     | Montrose      | Neil  | 36    | 19    | 10    | 7     | 62    | 38    | +24   | 67    | 
| 3rd   |       | Arbroath      | Plumb | 36    | 15    | 9     | 12    | 56    | 52    | +4    | 54    | 
| 4th   |       | Brechin       | Kieran| 36    | 15    | 9     | 12    | 52    | 56    | -4    | 54    | 
| 5th   |       | Ayr           |  Jim  | 36    | 13    | 8     | 15    | 56    | 59    | -3    | 47    | 
| 6th   |       | Airdrie       |       | 36    | 13    | 8     | 15    | 42    | 48    | -6    | 47    | 
| 7th   |       | Annan         | Taavi | 36    | 9     | 12    | 15    | 48    | 49    | -1    | 39    | 
| 8th   |       | Alloa         |       | 36    | 10    | 9     | 17    | 35    | 57    | -22   | 39    | 
| 9th   | R     | Cowdenbeath   |       | 36    | 8     | 10    | 18    | 41    | 56    | -15   | 34    | 
| 10th  | R     | Stenhousemuir |       | 36    | 7     | 12    | 17    | 40    | 60    | -20   | 33    | 

Scottish Third Division season 14/15

| 1st   | C     | Elgin City         |  Foth | 36    | 22    | 6     | 8     | 81    | 45    | +36   | 72    | 
| 2nd   |       | Berwick            | Craig | 36    | 19    | 8     | 9     | 85    | 57    | +28   | 65    | 
| 3rd   | P     | Albion Rovers      |  Rob  | 36    | 15    | 13    | 8     | 62    | 41    | +21   | 58    | 
| 4th   |       | Stirling           | Andy  | 36    | 15    | 10    | 11    | 57    | 44    | +13   | 55    | 
| 5th   |       | Clyde              | Davie | 36    | 15    | 6     | 15    | 60    | 52    | +8    | 51    | 
| 6th   |       | Queen's Park       |       | 36    | 13    | 9     | 14    | 52    | 52    | 0     | 48    | 
| 7th   |       | East Stirlingshire |       | 36    | 11    | 6     | 19    | 47    | 67    | -20   | 39    | 
| 8th   |       | Stranraer          |       | 36    | 10    | 9     | 17    | 54    | 79    | -25   | 39    | 
| 9th   |       | Forfar             |       | 36    | 11    | 5     | 20    | 55    | 83    | -28   | 38    | 
| 10th  |       | East Fife          |       | 36    | 9     | 8     | 19    | 39    | 72    | -33   | 35    | 

Scottish First Division season 15/16

| Pos   | Inf   | Team         |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   | C     | Queen of Sth |       | 36    | 21    | 7     | 8     | 73    | 43    | +30   | 70    | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Hamilton     |       | 36    | 14    | 14    | 8     | 53    | 41    | +12   | 56    | 
| 3rd   |       | Dunfermline  |       | 36    | 16    | 7     | 13    | 56    | 59    | -3    | 55    | 
| 4th   |       | Falkirk      |       | 36    | 16    | 4     | 16    | 53    | 49    | +4    | 52    | 
| 5th   |       | Peterhead    |  Alex | 36    | 13    | 11    | 12    | 44    | 45    | -1    | 50    | 
| 6th   |       | Montrose     | Neil  | 36    | 13    | 8     | 15    | 54    | 54    | 0     | 47    | 
| 7th   |       | Dundee       |       | 36    | 11    | 11    | 14    | 55    | 60    | -5    | 44    | 
| 8th   |       | Livingston   |       | 36    | 12    | 8     | 16    | 59    | 71    | -12   | 44    | 
| 9th   | R     | Morton       |       | 36    | 12    | 6     | 18    | 54    | 67    | -13   | 42    | 
| 10th  | R     | Dumbarton    |       | 36    | 9     | 10    | 17    | 45    | 57    | -12   | 37    | 
|       |       |              |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

Scottish Second Division season 15/16

| Pos   | Inf   | Team            |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st   | C     | Annan           | Taavi | 36    | 19    | 7     | 10    | 64    | 38    | +26   | 64    | 
| 2nd   |       | Ayr             |  Jim  | 36    | 18    | 8     | 10    | 50    | 46    | +4    | 62    | 
| 3rd   |       | Airdrie         |       | 36    | 16    | 10    | 10    | 44    | 31    | +13   | 58    | 
| 4th   | P     | Elgin City      |       | 36    | 18    | 4     | 14    | 50    | 56    | -6    | 58    | 
| 5th   |       | Albion Rovers   |  Rob  | 36    | 14    | 12    | 10    | 58    | 40    | +18   | 54    | 
| 6th   |       | Arbroath        | Plumb | 36    | 13    | 9     | 14    | 55    | 61    | -6    | 48    | 
| 7th   |       | Alloa           |       | 36    | 12    | 10    | 14    | 36    | 41    | -5    | 46    | 
| 8th   |       | Partick Thistle | Foth  | 36    | 12    | 9     | 15    | 51    | 57    | -6    | 45    | 
| 9th   |       | Raith           |       | 36    | 10    | 10    | 16    | 34    | 44    | -10   | 40    | 
| 10th  | R     | Brechin         | Kieran | 36    | 2     | 13    | 21    | 29    | 57    | -28   | 19    | 
|       |       |                 |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

Scottish Third Division season 15/16

| 1st   | C     | Berwick            | Craig | 36    | 23    | 8     | 5     | 72    | 43    | +29   | 77    | 
| 2nd   |       | Clyde              | Davie | 36    | 20    | 8     | 8     | 65    | 33    | +32   | 68    | 
| 3rd   |       | Stenhousemuir      |  Jaap | 36    | 18    | 7     | 11    | 61    | 40    | +21   | 61    | 
| 4th   |       | East Fife          |       | 36    | 15    | 6     | 15    | 45    | 63    | -18   | 51    | 
| 5th   |       | East Stirlingshire |       | 36    | 14    | 7     | 15    | 54    | 54    | 0     | 49    | 
| 6th   |       | Cowdenbeath        |       | 36    | 13    | 8     | 15    | 45    | 47    | -2    | 47    | 
| 7th   |       | Stirling           |       | 36    | 13    | 7     | 16    | 46    | 53    | -7    | 46    | 
| 8th   |       | Forfar             |       | 36    | 11    | 7     | 18    | 55    | 61    | -6    | 40    | 
| 9th   |       | Stranraer          | Scatt | 36    | 9     | 8     | 19    | 40    | 69    | -29   | 35    | 
| 10th  |       | Queen's Park       |       | 36    | 7     | 8     | 21    | 35    | 55    | -20   | 29    | 

Scottish First Division season 16/17

| Pos   | Inf   | Team         |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st   | C     | Inverness CT |       | 36    | 23    | 9     | 4     | 74    | 38    | +36   | 78    | 
| 2nd   |       | Dundee       |       | 36    | 19    | 11    | 6     | 75    | 41    | +34   | 68    | 
| 3rd   |       | Livingston   |       | 36    | 17    | 8     | 11    | 69    | 59    | +10   | 59    | 
| 4th   |       | Dunfermline  |       | 36    | 14    | 10    | 12    | 52    | 54    | -2    | 52    | 
| 5th   |       | Falkirk      |       | 36    | 14    | 8     | 14    | 53    | 52    | +1    | 50    | 
| 6th   |       | Hamilton     |       | 36    | 12    | 13    | 11    | 50    | 44    | +6    | 49    | 
| 7th   |       | Peterhead    | Alex  | 36    | 11    | 12    | 13    | 46    | 48    | -2    | 45    | 
| 8th   |       | Annan        | Taavi | 36    | 8     | 14    | 14    | 38    | 57    | -19   | 38    | 
| 9th   | R     | Elgin City   |       | 36    | 8     | 12    | 16    | 35    | 49    | -14   | 36    | 
| 10th  | R     | Montrose     |       | 36    | 1     | 9     | 26    | 21    | 71    | -50   | 12    | 
|       |       |              |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

Scottish Second Division season 16/17

| 1st   | C     | Albion Rovers   |  Rob  | 36    | 20    | 6     | 10    | 57    | 39    | +18   | 66    | 
| 2nd   |       | Arbroath        | Plumb | 36    | 16    | 11    | 9     | 59    | 42    | +17   | 59    | 
| 3rd   | P     | Partick Thistle | Foth  | 36    | 16    | 11    | 9     | 54    | 42    | +12   | 59    | 
| 4th   |       | Raith           |       | 36    | 17    | 6     | 13    | 54    | 41    | +13   | 57    | 
| 5th   |       | Dumbarton       |       | 36    | 14    | 11    | 11    | 68    | 49    | +19   | 53    | 
| 6th   |       | Morton          |       | 36    | 14    | 7     | 15    | 51    | 56    | -5    | 49    | 
| 7th   |       | Alloa           |       | 36    | 12    | 12    | 12    | 51    | 54    | -3    | 48    | 
| 8th   |       | Berwick         | Craig | 36    | 10    | 10    | 16    | 59    | 68    | -9    | 40    | 
| 9th   |       | Airdrie         |       | 36    | 7     | 10    | 19    | 38    | 75    | -37   | 31    | 
| 10th  | R     | Ayr             |       | 36    | 6     | 12    | 18    | 37    | 62    | -25   | 30    | 

Scottish Third Division season 16/17

| 1st   | C     | Clyde              | Davie | 36    | 19    | 9     | 8     | 72    | 41    | +31   | 66    | 
| 2nd   |       | East Stirlingshire |       | 36    | 19    | 9     | 8     | 69    | 46    | +23   | 66    | 
| 3rd   |       | East Fife          |       | 36    | 16    | 12    | 8     | 50    | 28    | +22   | 60    | 
| 4th   |       | Stenhousemuir      |  Japp | 36    | 17    | 8     | 11    | 56    | 42    | +14   | 59    | 
| 5th   |       | Brechin            |       | 36    | 16    | 7     | 13    | 63    | 54    | +9    | 55    | 
| 6th   |       | Cowdenbeath        |       | 36    | 14    | 10    | 12    | 50    | 44    | +6    | 52    | 
| 7th   |       | Stirling           |       | 36    | 13    | 12    | 11    | 48    | 45    | +3    | 51    | 
| 8th   |       | Forfar             |   Ed  | 36    | 9     | 10    | 17    | 44    | 67    | -23   | 37    | 
| 9th   |       | Queen's Park       |       | 36    | 9     | 7     | 20    | 31    | 64    | -33   | 34    | 
| 10th  |       | Stranraer          | Scatt | 36    | 2     | 8     | 26    | 25    | 77    | -52   | 14    | 

currently jobless

Neil resigned from Montrose

Jim sacked from Ayr

Kieran retired

we are looking for two players that are hungry for some FM13 online action.

you will start in Scottish 3rd, we're willing to take on n00bs , so FM Online experience is not essential, all we ask for is players with a hunger for FM...simples really ;)

we're 6 seasons into our current game.

so c'mon, all you have to do is convince us that your good enough to join the oldest clan around ;)

join here

Five season review

Taavi Hinno

Manager Stats

Number of clubs managed 1

Number of nations managed 0

Longest Time at a Club 1837 days

Shortest Time at a Club -

Number of awards won 0

Total career earnings £110K

Total game time 1837 days

Player Stats

Number of players bought 40

Total value of players bought -

Number of players sold 4

Total value of players sold £2.5K

Highest fee spent -

Highest fee received -

Total fees paid to agents £35K

Number of players released 17

Overall Career Stats

Games Played 214 Goals For 348 Cup wins 0

Games Won 78 Goals Against 331 League wins 1

Games Drawn 52 Goal Difference 17 Promotions 2

Games Lost 84 Win Percentage 36% Relegations 0

Steven Plumb

8163633035_8142387613.jpg

Manager Stats

Longest Time at a Club 1837 days

Number of awards won 1

Total career earnings £150K

Total game time 1837 days

Player Stats

Number of players bought 48

Total value of players bought £70K

Number of players sold 9

Total value of players sold -

Highest fee spent £28K for Gavin Swankie on 2.9.2013

Highest fee received -

Total fees paid to agents £14K

Number of players released 30

Overall Career Stats

Games Played 224 Goals For 345 Cup wins 0

Games Won 95 Goals Against 300 League wins 1

Games Drawn 50 Goal Difference 45 Promotions 1

Games Lost 79 Win Percentage 42% Relegations 1

Rob Knott

8163666738_636c6c5acf.jpg

Manager Stats

Longest Time at a Club 1838 days

Number of awards won 1

Total career earnings £110K

Total game time 1838 days

Player Stats

Number of players bought 33

Number of players sold 16

Highest fee spent -

Highest fee received -

Total fees paid to agents £16K

Number of players released 11

Overall Career Stats

Games Played 217 Goals For 311 Cup wins 0

Games Won 86 Goals Against 275 League wins 1

Games Drawn 55 Goal Difference 36 Promotions 2

Games Lost 76 Win Percentage 39% Relegations 1

Paul Fotheringham

8163666770_fe398ea208.jpg

Manager Stats

Number of clubs managed 2

Longest Time at a Club 1265 days

Shortest Time at a Club 1265 days

Number of awards won 10

Total career earnings £95K

Player Stats

Number of players bought 90

Total value of players bought £55K

Number of players sold 9

Total value of players sold £120K

Highest fee spent £80K for Ruben Flahaut on 12.6.2017

Highest fee received -

Total fees paid to agents £20K

Number of players released 45

Overall Career Stats

Games Played 215 Goals For 382 Cup wins 0

Games Won 103 Goals Against 330 League wins 1

Games Drawn 33 Goal Difference 52 Promotions 2

Games Lost 79 Win Percentage 47% Relegations 0

Five season review

Neil Davis

Manager Stats

Longest Time at a Club 1670 days

Shortest Time at a Club 1670 days

Number of awards won 8

Total career earnings £95K

Player Stats

Number of players bought 80

Total value of players bought £1K

Number of players sold 4

Highest fee spent -

Highest fee received -

Total fees paid to agents £2.5K

Number of players released 42

Overall Career Stats

Games Played 204 Goals For 334 Cup wins 0

Games Won 83 Goals Against 309 League wins 1

Games Drawn 42 Goal Difference 25 Promotions 2

Games Lost 79 Win Percentage 40% Relegations

Jim Barclay

8163666932_1449190e8e.jpg

Manager Stats

Longest Time at a Club 1590 days

Shortest Time at a Club 1590 days

Number of awards won 0

Total career earnings £130K

Player Stats

Number of players bought 27

Number of players sold 3

Total value of players sold £10K

Highest fee spent -

Highest fee received £6K for Michael McGowan on 18.1.2016

Total fees paid to agents £1K

Number of players released 5

Overall Career Stats

Games Played 181 Goals For 267 Cup wins 0

Games Won 68 Goals Against 292 League wins 0

Games Drawn 32 Goal Difference -25 Promotions 0

Games Lost 81 Win Percentage 37% Relegations 0

Ed Kelley

8163633311_3f6dc512ec.jpg

Manager Stats

Number of clubs managed 2

Longest Time at a Club 594 days

Shortest Time at a Club 594 days

Number of awards won 0

Total career earnings £60K

Total game time 1825 days

Player Stats

Number of players bought 39

Number of players sold 9

Total value of players sold £1K

Highest fee spent -

Highest fee received -

Total fees paid to agents £0

Number of players released 26

Overall Career Stats

Games Played 91 Goals For 103 Cup wins 0

Games Won 21 Goals Against 157 League wins 0

Games Drawn 25 Goal Difference -54 Promotions 0

Games Lost 45 Win Percentage 23% Relegations 1

Davie Orr

Manager Stats

Number of awards won 4

Total career earnings £85K

Player Stats

Number of players bought 32

Number of players sold 8

Highest fee spent -

Highest fee received -

Total fees paid to agents £22K

Number of players released 19

Overall Career Stats

Games Played 214 Goals For 368 Cup wins 0

Games Won 97 Goals Against 312 League wins 1

Games Drawn 41 Goal Difference 56 Promotions 1

Games Lost 76 Win Percentage 45% Relegations 0

Craig Stevens

8163667098_fcf2b3d4df.jpg

Manager Stats

Number of awards won 4

Total career earnings £85K

Player Stats

Number of players bought 68

Total value of players bought £1K

Number of players sold 5

Total value of players sold £3K

Highest fee spent -

Highest fee received -

Total fees paid to agents £12K

Number of players released 32

Overall Career Stats

Games Played 203 Goals For 371 Cup wins 0

Games Won 83 Goals Against 359 League wins 1

Games Drawn 40 Goal Difference 12 Promotions 1

Games Lost 80 Win Percentage 40% Relegations 0

Alex Holligan

8163667210_ef5537e2f5.jpg

Manager Stats

Number of awards won 3

Total career earnings £150K

Player Stats

Number of players bought 76

Total value of players bought £95K

Number of players sold 18

Total value of players sold £110K

Highest fee spent £65K for Allan Bain on 26.1.2016

Highest fee received £190K for Robert Thomson on 27.6.2017

Total fees paid to agents £60K

Number of players released 25

Overall Career Stats

Games Played 223 Goals For 378 Cup wins 0

Games Won 105 Goals Against 298 League wins 1

Games Drawn 52 Goal Difference 80 Promotions 2

Games Lost 66 Win Percentage 47% Relegations

Stephen Japp

Manager Stats

Longest Time at a Club 759 days

Number of awards won 2

Total career earnings £26K

Total game time 759 days

Player Stats

Number of players bought 31

Number of players sold 0

Total value of players sold £3K

Highest fee spent -

Highest fee received -

Total fees paid to agents £1.5K

Number of players released 20

Overall Career Stats

Games Played 88 Goals For 129 Cup wins 0

Games Won 39 Goals Against 97 League wins 0

Games Drawn 18 Goal Difference 32 Promotions 0

Games Lost 31 Win Percentage 44% Relegations 0

Andrew Scattergood

Manager Stats

Longest Time at a Club 759 days

Number of awards won 0

Total career earnings £12K

Total game time 759 days

Player Stats

Number of players bought 21

Number of players sold 1

Total value of players sold £1K

Highest fee spent -

Highest fee received -

Total fees paid to agents £0

Number of players released 10

Overall Career Stats

Games Played 83 Goals For 80 Cup wins 0

Games Won 14 Goals Against 174 League wins 0

Games Drawn 18 Goal Difference -94 Promotions 0

Games Lost 51 Win Percentage 16% Relegations 0

Season 15/16

After leading the league for most of the season a complete blow out towards the end of the season saw us slip into 2nd place and then we lost in the play off final against a rampant Raith Rovers 4-2, who where fighting for there 2nd division status.

as for cups the less said about the challenge and league cups the better, although to be fair on ourselves we did get drawn with 1st division opposition, the Scottish cup was slightly better as we reached the 4th rnd before running out of steam against Alloa.

as for players we looked at strengthening the back line with two new goalkeepers being snapped up Joe McGovern from Dundee Utd and David Hutton who played for Clyde last in season 08/09 after he was released from Livingston.

we looked at defenders as well but pretty much failed to attract anyone one worth mentioning.

in the other direction we released about 25 players to help balance the books with two kids being loaned out to east region superleague in the juniors to help aid with there development.

Season 16/17

After last years failure towards the tail end of the season, it was clear we lacked in depth with our squad and with the cash being pretty tight we heavily relied on loans from our parent club St.Mirren and had two loanees in from Liverpool, like last season another 25 players where offloaded.

we started the season with no real fire in our bellies, but during the mid point of the season we managed too string together a pretty impressive run of results that saw us go top and pretty much stay there for the rest of the season with a slight wobbly in February that allowed others to get back into the title race, before snatching the title on the last day with a 1-1 draw that gave us the title on goal difference.

so looking forward to the new season in Scottish 2nd.

stenny.jpg

Season 15/16 Review.

Debut season in the clan for myself and it turned out to be a pretty hard introduction. The season highlight has to be the league cup run which included a 10 man penalty triumph at St Johnstone and a shock 3-1 defeat of Celtic at Ochilview. Eventually Motherwell got the better of us in the Q/Fs. League form was pretty patchy with a few heavy defeats suffered but overall a 3rd place finish and play off semi final defeat kept the board happy enough. Got a few decent players tied up for a 2nd crack at div 3. Centre Mids Danny Thomson and Gareth Owens are sure to be key players again.

Season 16/17 Review.

After play off disappointment last season the title had to be the aim this season but a dreadful start to the season put us in a battle at the wrong end of the league! Early exists in all the cup competitions didn't go down very well with the board but getting a few decent players in on loan and a change of formation saw the Warriors pick up in the second part of the year and when Clyde and East Stirling both hit poor form at the same time the title looked a possibility. Injuries to key players including striker John Gemmell led to goals drying up and a heavy drinking session for the Edinburgh derby letting the Assistant manager take the reins caused us to drop down a couple to 4th position where we faced 2nd Division Airdrie in the play off. A 1-0 defeat couldn't be turned around at home and we crashed out at the semi final stage for the 2nd year running.

Scottish First Division season 17/18

| 1st   | C     | Hamilton        |       | 36    | 17    | 12    | 7     | 58    | 43    | +15   | 63    | 
| 2nd   |       | Dundee          |       | 36    | 16    | 9     | 11    | 69    | 66    | +3    | 57    | 
| 3rd   |       | St. Mirren      |       | 36    | 15    | 11    | 10    | 72    | 48    | +24   | 56    | 
| 4th   |       | Partick Thistle |  Foth | 36    | 16    | 8     | 12    | 72    | 58    | +14   | 56    | 
| 5th   |       | Falkirk         |       | 36    | 15    | 9     | 12    | 51    | 49    | +2    | 54    | 
| 6th   |       | Peterhead       | Alex  | 36    | 13    | 11    | 12    | 46    | 42    | +4    | 50    | 
| 7th   |       | Annan           | Taavi | 36    | 13    | 6     | 17    | 46    | 58    | -12   | 45    | 
| 8th   |       | Albion Rovers   | Rob   | 36    | 12    | 7     | 17    | 43    | 46    | -3    | 43    | 
| 9th   | R     | Dunfermline     |       | 36    | 10    | 9     | 17    | 44    | 60    | -16   | 39    | 
| 10th  | R     | Livingston      |  Neil | 36    | 9     | 6     | 21    | 41    | 72    | -31   | 33    | 

Scottish Second Division season 17/18

| Pos   | Inf   | Team       |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   | C     | Arbroath   | Plumb | 36    | 23    | 5     | 8     | 69    | 41    | +28   | 74    | 
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   | P     | Morton     |       | 36    | 20    | 4     | 12    | 68    | 58    | +10   | 64    | 
| 3rd   |       | Airdrie    |       | 36    | 18    | 7     | 11    | 59    | 45    | +14   | 61    | 
| 4th   |       | Berwick    | Craig | 36    | 17    | 7     | 12    | 60    | 39    | +21   | 58    | 
| 5th   |       | Clyde      | Davie | 36    | 15    | 8     | 13    | 68    | 51    | +17   | 53    | 
| 6th   |       | Dumbarton  |       | 36    | 16    | 5     | 15    | 68    | 66    | +2    | 53    | 
| 7th   |       | Raith      |       | 36    | 13    | 7     | 16    | 55    | 57    | -2    | 46    | 
| 8th   |       | Elgin City |       | 36    | 11    | 9     | 16    | 49    | 58    | -9    | 42    | 
| 9th   | R     | Montrose   |       | 36    | 7     | 10    | 19    | 42    | 72    | -30   | 31    | 
| 10th  | R     | Alloa      |       | 36    | 6     | 6     | 24    | 29    | 80    | -51   | 24    | 
|       |       |            |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       |       | 

Scottish Third Division season 17/18

| 1st   | C     | Cowdenbeath        |       | 36    | 20    | 8     | 8     | 60    | 33    | +27   | 68    | 
| 2nd   |       | Ayr                |       | 36    | 16    | 11    | 9     | 68    | 47    | +21   | 59    | 
| 3rd   |       | Forfar             |  Ed   | 36    | 14    | 10    | 12    | 54    | 48    | +6    | 52    | 
| 4th   | P     | Stenhousemuir      |  Japp | 36    | 15    | 7     | 14    | 52    | 48    | +4    | 52    | 
| 5th   |       | East Fife          |       | 36    | 14    | 10    | 12    | 47    | 48    | -1    | 52    | 
| 6th   |       | Brechin            |       | 36    | 14    | 9     | 13    | 58    | 49    | +9    | 51    | 
| 7th   |       | East Stirlingshire | Jonny | 36    | 14    | 6     | 16    | 58    | 58    | 0     | 48    | 
| 8th   |       | Stirling           |       | 36    | 11    | 13    | 12    | 38    | 43    | -5    | 46    | 
| 9th   |       | Queen's Park       |       | 36    | 10    | 14    | 12    | 40    | 49    | -9    | 44    | 
| 10th  |       | Stranraer          | Scatt | 36    | 4     | 8     | 24    | 35    | 87    | -52   | 20    | 

Archived