FM13: Ganso?

Zoetermeer

How is it that Ganso was just sold to Sao Paolo for £8m but his valuation is still something like £18m? I was shocked when I heard earlier this year he was moving for this paltry amount, given the perception that he is one of the brightest Brazilian prospects and would cost a ton. Was there some weird extenuating circumstance regarding the Sao Paolo sale?

How is it that Ganso was just sold to Sao Paolo for £8m but his valuation is still something like £18m? I was shocked when I heard earlier this year he was moving for this paltry amount, given the perception that he is one of the brightest Brazilian prospects and would cost a ton. Was there some weird extenuating circumstance regarding the Sao Paolo sale?

Yes - he's a knob. :thup:

He refused to play for Santos and said he wanted to leave. The amount he went for didn't really matter either as Santos only owned something like 30% of him, the rest was owned by a third party so even if sold for a massive amount Santos wouldn't have got much. Can't blame them for getting rid of someone who thought he was better than he really was. He's been poor for a good 12-18 months now and failed to live up to his hype and potential.

He refused to play for Santos and said he wanted to leave. The amount he went for didn't really matter either as Santos only owned something like 30% of him, the rest was owned by a third party so even if sold for a massive amount Santos wouldn't have got much. Can't blame them for getting rid of someone who thought he was better than he really was. He's been poor for a good 12-18 months now and failed to live up to his hype and potential.

My explanation was better. :mad:

Archived