FM 2013: Manchester United Team Guide : Who needs Batman when we have Robin!

matty2323

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

In the first season no, Valencia/Young/Kagawa/Welbeck play very well on the wing in FM and you do have Giggs for backup along with Janujaz in the reserves who is capable. Usually I tend to buy somebody like Neymar in the summer if I have the money to do so.

In the first season no, Valencia/Young/Kagawa/Welbeck play very well on the wing in FM and you do have Giggs for backup along with Janujaz in the reserves who is capable. Usually I tend to buy somebody like Neymar in the summer if I have the money to do so.

Yeah that was my thought if i use updated database i cant tho :)

What do you guys do with nani sell or keep if you keep him what position and instructions have you found work best for him

Well, here is what I posted about him back in April;

Definitely worth keeping.

I've had him for four seasons, (now selling him in summer 2016 as he won't lower his over the top wage demands and his deal only runs until 2017), and he has been excellent. Don't listen to scott's nonsense about lowering Creative Freedom, I just played him at right midfield, Wide Midfielder - Attack. This is what he has done for me in those four seasons;

122 starts (10 sub apps), 35 goals, 33 assists, Avg Rating 7.32.

So to answer again; yes, he's definitely worth keeping.

I tend to keep Nani until his wages get silly, similar to Tom. However, I don't use him as a starter. Either bench or starts when a winger has poor form/injurys & suspension. Against "weaker" teams he dominates but even against european heavy weights he can still make a big contribution from the bench, at least in my experiance.

I normally sell Nani for several reasons:

1. His value didn't raise much in next season even if you play him regularly

2. He have tendency to shoot from outside penalty box (maybe because his PPM) and more often than not, his habit cause loss of chances rather than goals

3. He is injury prone in my save

4. There are players with lower wages demand and cheaper than 25 mil (Nani selling price)

5. If you didn't want to buy replacement, Kagawa/Giggs/RvP/Wellbeck can replace him easily

I know this thread will shortly disappear, but I thought I'd post in here anyway. :)

I've just taken over Man Utd in January 2016 after the Board sacked Villas-Boas after only 6 months in charge.

He had been spending rather outrageously (£43mil on Romulo?) and I wonder if that was the reason. Anyway, we're in 5th and still in the Champions League.

The squad I've inherited is this:

GK: De Gea / Lindegaard

DL: Evans / Brady (Regen)

DC: Vidic / Nkoulou / Jones / Smalling

DR: Corchia / Isla

DM: Romulo

MC: Fletcher / Hughes / Mhkitaryan / Sheppard (Regen)

AM: Young / Bernard / Kagawa / Zaha / Tadic

ST: Rooney / van Persie / Volland / Castaignos

I've been trying to play a 41221 based on those players with Kagawa as an AP-S on the right. The first couple of games went well including an excellent 2-0 win against a very strong Spurs team, but results since (against 'weaker' teams) have resulted in 4 draws - a 1-1 and 3 0-0s. I'm obviously doing something wrong. How do you guys deal with packed defences? I've been trying to over-power them with a high pressing, attacking game but that's obviously not working. Do you think a more Counter-attacking approach might work? (I don't normally play as high reputation teams, so I'm not used to this kind of situation).

Archived