Superstars on the cheap

Anyone managed to get a superstar in FM on the cheap whilst they still had the ability to perform ?

Kaka valued at 15.75m at 29 years of age was offered to my Liverpool club for 26.5m - I put in a cheeky bid of 20m and absolutely fluffed it :mad:

Real madrid came back and demanded 48m for him, I then went back to offer them the 26.5m but then Madrid came back again and demanded 38.5m

I then withdraw any offers. Needless to say I should have offered the 26.5m his agent suggested.

But the topic at hand, anyone able to get a superstar in the game on the cheap ?

It can be a superstar newgen also. Screenshots are welcomed :)

I got promoted in the first season with Blackpool, and James Rodriguez was offered to me at only 2.4 mill as he was unhappy and wanted to move. After a few seasons with me he turned out as one of the best left wingers in the prem and I was regularly rejecting bids between 20-30 mill for him. This was probably one of the best non-regen signings I have made ever!

I usually wait until "superstars" are in the last year of their contract, most of the time signing them on pre-contracts such as Iker Muniain or Rene Adler. Once players are in their last year values drop significantly and you're more likely to get a bid closer/below their value to be accepted. Until then I just find youngsters with high PA and focus on developing them then once I sign the better players use them to tutor the youngsters.

In my second season with Napoli, i bought Gaitan from Benfica for 3M. He was transfer listed by request.

I know his not a superstar, far from that, but for 3M it was a one in a life time deal.

With only 3 months in the current season, he is already a star player in my team, with a 7.89 av. rating putting lot's of assist to Cavani

In FM11 I got Sami Khedira for $7.75m in year 2, I guess RM didn't want him anymore even though he scored the winning goal in the Champions League final for them. That same transfer window I got Toni Kroos from Bayern for $7m because he was in last year of his contract and wanted to be highest paid player on the team. Ironically he scored the goal that won them the league. I would win the next 13 titles with Kroos becoming one of my best ever players. I also got Marko Marin on a free a few seasons later.

In FM12 I just got a 4 star new gen on a free transer from RM. Not sure why they didn't want him anymore.

Archived