Transfers at Pompey

Surely after 200 views someone must be able to help!

Maybe I havent explained it properly. I am managing Portsmouth, the club is Bankrupt and in receivership (maybe this is the reason why?). At the start of the game there is a transfer embargo and when you bid for a player it says you cannot bid for anyone. About a week into the game the PFA transfer embargo is lifted and I can now bid for players.

I agreed deals to sign 3 players on loan, they all involved no fee and we werent paying any wages. The player agrees to sign for us but then when it comes to complete the deal it say "X is set to sign etc etc The deal could not be completed" and it falls through. Happens with every player I try to sign on loan.

Also when I took over we had a wage budget of £100k a week and were spending £200k. I have managed to get the wage budget down to £80k meaning we have available funds of £20k a week. That £20k would enable me to get in 10 very good players and pretty much guarentee promotion however when ever I try and sign someone on a free the maximum I can offer any player on any status is £90 a week, basically meaning no one will agree to sign for me.

anything be done with the editor etc...?

If not most likely just because of the situation the clubs in it wont let you no matter what you try.

Apologies but nothing like that has remotely happened in my version of FM12 to pompey. Your one sounds very real to life where as on mine Pompey always get taken over etc..

anything been done with the editor etc...?

If not most likely just because of the situation the clubs in it wont let you no matter what you try.

Apologies but nothing like that has remotely happened in my version of FM12 to pompey. Your one sounds very real to life where as on mine Pompey always get taken over etc..

You are still in receivership thats why. It's like a carboot sale. Everything must go.

But it never happens on FM even if a club like Portsmouth/Rangers you can't buy their players on the cheap although you probably should be able to.

Archived