Porthos

Reduce the wage of player turned coach

5 posts in this topic

Xavi retired 6 months ago on $84,000. He is currently a coach on $84,000. How do ex-players end up with a normal wage? Do I need to let his contract expire and hope to hire him again? He wants $73,000 on a new contract...

[quote name='Porthos']Xavi retired 6 months ago on $84,000. He is currently a coach on $84,000. How do ex-players end up with a normal wage? [B]Do I need to let his contract expire and hope to hire him again?[/B] He wants $73,000 on a new contract...[/QUOTE]

This doesnt work. He wont sign. Only after 6 months or so you will be able to approach him with him willing to sign again maybe.

[quote name='Stampler']This doesnt work. He wont sign. Only after 6 months or so you will be able to approach him with him willing to sign again maybe.[/QUOTE]

Provided he doesnt sign somewhere else first...

So it seems I either A) Wait a long time and try to hire him on normal wages, B) Suck it up

One part of the game I dislike, have you offered him Player/coach or just Coach?

It is totally unrealistic and especially when club legends would stay onto coaching staff providing they want to be a coach. physio etc.

[quote name='Stampler']This doesnt work. He wont sign. Only after 6 months or so you will be able to approach him with him willing to sign again maybe.[/QUOTE]

It has worked for me. A player of mine retired and left the club and I hired him as a coach (on much lower wages) the same day.