Manage National Team under 21s?!

Ok so Im not following on from the exact opening thread but it does follow on. Pearce also keeps getting the England job in my save and applied and was successful for the u21 position. I got quite giddy over this and even went so far as to tell my wife excitedly!!!! However, I now find myself in rather unknown territory. I kept my derby job (just starting first season in prem) and just feel a bit ovwhelmed by the u21 position so what I am generally looking for is any advice or tips people may have.

I'm just about to pick my first squad so that should at least give me a feel for the players I have but how easy is it to get into international management. And I perform well does it give me a shoe in for the full job after Pearce finishes?

Any help or advice great fully received!

In short...no. It doesn't make you next in line. Not that I've seen anyway. You tend to be judged on your club successes if you want international jobs.

As for tips, I find the 'national pool' feature absolutely brilliant. It's basically a list of everyone decent enough for the England managers to keep an eye on, really useful.

And keep it simple tactics wise, you simply won't have time to drill your team in a really complex formation.

Archived