Idea for editor

Darkhail

I was wondering what people's thoughts were about an idea of mine for the editor.

I was hoping that the next editor might have the ability to add a random team, league, or country to a competition as applicable. It would certainly help me to mimic certain international competitions as well as make made up competitions a bit different every year. Cheers for any opinions or thoughts.

Or a random team from a pool of teams like can mimic invitee teams

But SI doesn't give a **** about the editor

Totally disagree, I have been editing many games for many years (since 2004 anyway) and this is by far the best editing tool (2012 version) for any game by any developer I have come across! It is also the most improved, most I have used in the past hardly changed over a 5 year period!

I have done everything from golf courses for EA games to building air racing tracks for flight sim games!

Well done SI for all you have done and KUTGW!

I believe that SI does care about the editor but obviously it isn't their number one priority, nor should it be.

However, I really would have loved to make an international cup competition where at least one of the countries selected from changes every year or so. Even if I had to select every single country that I wanted to be available for random selection.

SI might have done some good work on the editor but their lack of presence in this part of the community is something that should be addressed. The Editor's Hideaway needs an upheaval. It should be a central part of FM yet you have to be registered to view the forum.

A recent thread of which I was in full support of suggested this exact idea, sadly it seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. It highlighted a recent magazine article showing custom made databases, none of which came from these forums!

I do have to say I was disappointed with the lack of new major features to the editor this year, I felt a lot more could have been done to vastly improve the editor both as a tool and in terms of usability. However that has no bearing on whether the community can create something great with the tools at hand.

Archived