Sexy Football 4-1-1-3-1 [FM11/12]

Sexy Football

Updated 11/11/11

I'll think of a better name.. probably something along the lines of "Finally a good American made tactic"

It's an attacking formation, more of a southern Europe style of play than English. Did my best to make it non gimicky, its a beatable tactic if the team you playing is built correctly.. But that's the fun in this game, adapting what you have to beat opponents. That being said, if their not able to counter it you should demolish some teams.

manchestercitytacticsov.png

Current Game

manchestercitymatchesma.png

FM2011 with Darlington

darlingtonhistoryleague.png

Made for any level!

Players

Attacking - Wingers need to have good finishing and a strong foot opposite of the side their on, they are the goalscorers in this formation. A complete forward is preffered. And a playmaking AMC.

Mids - Box to box midfielder in the CM spot, with basically a 5th defender for the DM spot.

Back - Quick DC's as the line is a bit high, and WB's with some speed who can assist in buildup.

Target Men/Playmakers - Not needed

Other

- I play with a standard pitch size

- Training pack - http://www.gamefront.com/files/20951993/Sexy.Training.v1.rar

Notes

- You will score alot of goals from corners if you have DC's with good heading (which is a given).

Tweaks

- AMC can be tweaked from a playmaker to an inside forward.

DOWNLOAD

FM12 - http://www.gamefront.com/files/20980289/Sexy+Football+4-1-1-3-1+v.2.rar

FM11 (May need tweaking) - http://www.gamefront.com/files/20951045/Sexy+Football+4-1-1-3-1+FM11.rar

The 11 file is missing some tweaks done to the 12, but still should be a solid tactic as its what I used in the Darlington screenshot.

This will be updated as I tweak it for 2012. Feel free to criticize and praise.

Change Log

v.2

- Added an away/underdog tactic, slightly less expressive and attacking. Needs testing.

- Adjusted the defense to be less aggressive and not rush the ball leaving the middle open for crosses, all in all a much more stable defense.

Worked very well for me so far on my career game. Bit of chopping and changing first season, but leading portuguese second division in my second season.

http://bildr.no/view/1017764

http://bildr.no/view/1017767

Nice. Ya this tactic you will get a game every once in awhile where you go "WTF how did I lose/draw that" I just chalk it up to overconfidence

Question Bob: Who do you take out when you've had a red card? I took out the trequartista, wasn't sure if it was the right option.

I usually take out either a ST and I've experimented with taking out one of the wings and then doing the focus passing down the other side.

Easy choice would be to do no striker as the wings and treq. can still put balls into the net without one.

Theirs no easy answer tho, as like any tactic its made to play with the 11 men on the field.

--

I'll also be uploading v.2 of this that seems to have stabilized the super aggressive defenders into a more solid and traditional back 4. It's been working great and will be put to the test against Barcelona in the CL semi-finals.

V.2 Released

- Added an away/underdog tactic, slightly less expressive and attacking. Needs testing.

- Adjusted the defense to be less aggressive and not rush the ball leaving the middle open for crosses, all in all a much more stable defense.

An update from my current game, won the EPL, Carling Cup, FA Cup, Community Shield, and lost on aggregate in the finals of the CL to Real Madrid (After still winning in the 2nd half of the 2nd game they made a crazy comeback.)

Currently in season 2, undefeated in the EPL thru 5 games with a +14 Goal Dif.

Slightly older pic, but shows my wins over Barcelona in the CL Semi's.

manchestercitymatchesma.png

Just figured I'd post my results. Using the v1 tactic with the tweaks recommended. Playing as Boreham Wood in the Blue Square South. I'll post a end-of-season results pic when I have one. But for now, just enjoy this...

LutonvBorehamWoodInformation_Overview.png

Awesome! And v.2 is probably pretty much what ur running, its v.1 with the defenders closing down adjusted and the DC's set to zonal instead of man.

One tip I can give is leave the roles alone, but use someone who's the same foot on a flank (eg right-footed player as AMR). What you lose in inside cutting you more than make up for in byline crosses to the striker. My AMR is demolishing the assist charts in the BSP now after doing so in the BSS.

Don't do it on both sides as it makes the tactic a bit one-dimensional, but on one side it's absolutely destructive.

• 2 weeks later...
One tip I can give is leave the roles alone, but use someone who's the same foot on a flank (eg right-footed player as AMR). What you lose in inside cutting you more than make up for in byline crosses to the striker. My AMR is demolishing the assist charts in the BSP now after doing so in the BSS.

Don't do it on both sides as it makes the tactic a bit one-dimensional, but on one side it's absolutely destructive.

Nice tip, adds a crossing dimension while still allowing the other side to cut inside. Find a stud wing whos strong with both feet and profit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Going to just update guys - still playing the same save, but obviously game has patched up, with the original tactic.

Gotten Boreham Wood back-to-back to League One now.

Couple of things:

- Make sure at least one of your CBs is quick, as you can get seriously exposed on the counter

- Strikers pace is generally the priority

- Have the trequartista as more of an AM than a striker type - if he can deliver a good Hollywood ball he's invaluable

- You'll concede big if your keeper isn't great

My League Two winning side was virtually The Entertainers - scored 111, conceded 82. Was a close-run thing, and my defence was my BSP defence.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived