Fonts

scotty1974

You also need to edit the <skin name> settings.xml file located in the settings folder of your skin to point to the new fonts aswell, the only font that FM2012 uses by default is 'HelveticaNeueOTS' if the name you've given the fonts you are using is anything but that the game won't detect them unless you modify the mentioned file.

You also need to edit the <skin name> settings.xml file located in the settings folder of your skin to point to the new fonts aswell, the only font that FM2012 uses by default is 'HelveticaNeueOTS' if the name you've given the fonts you are using is anything but that the game won't detect them unless you modify the mentioned file.

Sory but im still confused, anychance of you doing an example

If you want the font to apply everywhere then the easiest thing to do is to rename the font to 'HelveticaNeueOTS' the game will then read your font.

If you want to custom the fonts furrther you'll need to edit the xml files, in the settings folder of the skin you are using you should have a file called <skin name> settings.xml open that and it should have some code like this:

<!-- text settings that vary from the defaults -->

<flags id="text_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<integer id="text_size_small" value="8" />

<integer id="text_size_normal" value="8" />

<integer id="text_size_large" value="9.4" />

<flags id="hint_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<integer id="hint_size" value="8"/>

<flags id="control_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<integer id="control_size_normal" value="8"/>

<flags id="menu_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<integer id="menu_size_small" value="7"/>

<integer id="menu_size_normal" value="8"/>

<integer id="menu_size_large" value="10"/>

<flags id="title_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<integer id="title_size_large" value="16"/>

<integer id="title_size_normal" value="14"/>

<integer id="title_size_small" value="11"/>

<integer id="title_style" value="semi_bold"/>

<flags id="html_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<flags id="pitch_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

<flags id="duty_font" value="fonts/helveticaneueots" />

where it says helveticaneueots replace it with the name of the font you want to use.

i am also having problems have changed the font name to the default one and when i do this and start a new game i get a message saying can not find main menu fonts, when i then start again this time changing the names in the XML folders with the font name i get a message saying can not find font. i am trying to put in a ttf file font could that be the problem?

It's not a problem with a TTF format font as I've just tried one, what font are you trying to use, if you have downloaded one from the internet try also copying it into the c:/windows/fonts folder.

Have you tried copying a random font over from your c:/windows/fonts folder and renaming it to HelveticaNeueOTS to see if that works?

the font i am trying to change to is arial narrow which is in the windows fonts file when i rename the file to HelveticaNeueOTS and then reload skin with the game loaded it does change but when i shut down the game and reload it i get a message that says can not find HelveticaNeueOTS font main menu

when i keep both the default folder and my new font it in the fonts folder it now seems to be working have reloaded the skin 5 times in a row and it is showing, has just thrown up a new problem in that the numbers are all squashed

Archived