really difficult??

hi all

im aware of the thread below claiming fm12 is too easy but im finding it really difficult

im in 1st season as man utd. i have not bought or sold any players just added some to the coaching staff. im currently lying in 6th place having only won 4 of my eight games played while only scoring 16 goals but conceding 11.

i know that i have only played eight games but i have re-started on numerous occasions all leading to the same disappointment

im curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this or is it something im doing wrong??

all comments good and bad will be greatly received

tuffers007

Don't keep restarting first of all mate. If you give a few details then I'm sure guys on here could help you out. What formation are you using first of all?

cheers for reply. not sure how to do screen shots but im playing a 442 fluid/control with rooney as target man played in to his feet.

have my wingers set as adv playmaker on att duty as that is there best position ( young and nani )

central mids i have set up as BWM on defend and DLP on support ( fletcher and giggs )

now this is where i really struggle the defence!!!!

2 fullbacks on automatic as i am under the impression that they will help out with both attack support and defence ( evra and raphael/fabio )

2 cbs set as cbs on defend duty ( jones and vidic )

my team instructions plan out as:

fluid/control, everything else default, slow tempo, norm width and passing set to mixed

I find it a bit weird that you have 2 Advanced Playmakers, I don't think Young is supposed to be one. Ask your staff what role would best suit him. Try forcing your Full Backs on Defend and see if that changes anything. I think you're committing too many players to the offensive; and try different roles for your DC's. DCL as Stopper and DCR as Cover maybe?

As well, you shouldn't let stuff to default; it almost sounds like you can't decide which tactic to use so you're just leaving mixed which confuses the players (considering you're playing Fluid not Rigid)

I find it a bit weird that you have 2 Advanced Playmakers, I don't think Young is supposed to be one. Ask your staff what role would best suit him. Try forcing your Full Backs on Defend and see if that changes anything. I think you're committing too many players to the offensive; and try different roles for your DC's. DCL as Stopper and DCR as Cover maybe?

As well, you shouldn't let stuff to default; it almost sounds like you can't decide which tactic to use so you're just leaving mixed which confuses the players (considering you're playing Fluid not Rigid)

cheers for the replies i shall keep going and try to alter different things.

unfortunately i have no idea how to upload images or tactics

shall check youngs pref position i must have read it wrong.

thanks again people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The easiest way to take a screenshot is to find the "Print Screen" function on your keyboard. Once you find it you go to the Overview of your Tactics Screen and press it. You won't notice anything changing. This is where MS Paint comes in. You open it from Start --> All Programs --> Accessories. Then you press CTRL + V to Paste your screenshot and voila, it appears! Then you go to File --> Save As and you save it on your desktop as (preferably) .JPEG file. Then you go to a website like imageshack.us and upload your screenshot. Then you search for the link on the upload page and you should come up with this result:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/asdasdpn.jpg/

EDIT: I may have forgotten to NOT resize the screenshot when I uploaded. Sorry. :p

The easiest way to take a screenshot is to find the "Print Screen" function on your keyboard. Once you find it you go to the Overview of your Tactics Screen and press it. You won't notice anything changing. This is where MS Paint comes in. You open it from Start --> All Programs --> Accessories. Then you press CTRL + V to Paste your screenshot and voila, it appears! Then you go to File --> Save As and you save it on your desktop as (preferably) .JPEG file. Then you go to a website like imageshack.us and upload your screenshot. Then you search for the link on the upload page and you should come up with this result:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/asdasdpn.jpg/

EDIT: I may have forgotten to NOT resize the screenshot when I uploaded. Sorry. :p

It's much easier to press Alt+F9 ingame to send it to a screenshots folder in the Sports Interactive folder and then Football Manager 2012 folder, it saves the hassle of opening Paint and pasting it.

By the end of my 20th official match, I don't find the game too easy, nor too difficult. But I found something that makes me mad. There's not one single match that my players didn't hit the woodwork. This is not normal. Sometimes they did it 4 or 5 times. C'mon....

Archived