FM12: FC United of Manchester - The Man United of LLM!

TacticalGenius

With a few more additions to what we'd bought by end of July we started the season pretty much how the whole of the previous season went, all over the place scoring but leaking goals.

By End of Aug results were poor and league position not great.

LeagueEndAug.png

FCUnitedFixturesEndAug.png

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then during Sept a change of formation after throwing away a victory at Home to Vauxhall, back to my old style and results and fortunes changed. Up the league we romped and into the playoff places by the end of Sept.

Things looking up

LeagueEndSept.png

FCUnitedFixturesEndSept.png

Pre-season 2017/18

Friendlies

2012-05-07_00002.jpg

Some ups and downs in the friendlies. Beating Man UTD and Newcastle was great, but the losses are a bit disappointing. At least we made some good money, even if the results weren't all great.

Transfers

2012-05-07_00003.jpg

I brought in a fair few players, but the majority of them are younsters who have gone into my under 18 and reserve squads. I sold some players, and made a tidy profit from them all.

2012-05-07_00006.jpg

I only paid £210k for Benny Houghton from Shamrock Rovers. What a bargain for a young player of his ability! Looking forward to seeing how my bargain buy performs in the first team.

2012-05-07_00004.jpg

Fraser Fyvie wasn't so cheap, but he looks just as good. Got him from Aberdeen for £2mill. He's hopefully going to boss the midfield, with his great physical attributes.

2012-05-07_00008.jpg

Álvaro Morata has played for the likes of Real Madrid, FC Nantes, and most recently Dynamo Kyiv. I snapped him up for free, after Dynamo Kyiv released him. Morata is a striker who is just as dangerous in the air as he is with the ball at his feet. I can see him scoring some really good goals for us (and probably getting the interest of many high profile teams along the way).

Finances

Since playing the big friendly games and selling some players on, My finances have become more secure. I'm out of the red, with just under £1mill in the bank. A good cup run, and packing the 25k stadium we're currently using will get us further into the black. I can only hope.

First league game's against Liverpool, followed by Manchester United. Tough games to start the season, and I'll be crossing everything for a couple of good results.

Fa Cup 3rd round tie V Man City at the Etihad, on a hiding to nothing even before I see the team they put out against me.

Then I see this team:

ManCityvFCUnitedInformation_Formations.png

Not too bad a result and at least we got a goal to be happy with and a bit of money as well.

ManCityvFCUnitedInformation_Overview.png

Just started a save with FC United, and looking at some of the players everyone has bought, Omar Koroma being an example, I can't even buy because they fail their work permit everytime, so how is everyone buying these people?:/

Also Jamil Adam is always already signed for someone else after holidaying for a year so I'm stuck with a pretty average squad but I'm sure I'll cope, just some advice on these work permit players would be good :)

HI Collzy I had exactly the same problem but after searching around the league's and what my scouts came up with. These are the signings I made

1stSeasonSignings.png

This team should've won the league my poor early season tactics cost me, but only lost out on goal difference

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived