FM12: FC United of Manchester - The Man United of LLM!

TacticalGenius

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I aim to please :D

Good to see another person posting in the thread, and getting it to a second page.

Yeah, it'd be great to get a few regular contributors to this going at once. As I said though, don't count on me definitely getting into this save, I'm very temperamental when it comes to FM, but the omens are good so fingers crossed!

Only reached January 2012 on my holidays so far. I've only loaded England down to the BSN/BSS and 32000 players - it seems my laptop can hardly manage that!

In League 2 just just starting November in my 3rd season with FC United.

Poor start to the season but we've picked up now and sit around 7th in the table. The only negative is that I'm over my wage budget. If I wouldn't have brought in the 2 defenders that sent us over budget though we would have been in trouble. Really need to get some consistency going if we're going to get promoted.

Good to see others embarking on the FC United adventure!!! :thup:

Congratulations on winning the league! And well done to the Terriers!

Here are my signings that I made:

Chris Zebroski - Free - Queens Park

Chris Hussey - Free - Queens Park

Patrik Twadzik - Free

Tom Eaves - Free - Bolton

Oliver Risser - Free

Mateusz Tadul - Free

Jody Morris - Season long loan - St Johnstone (£3K loan fee)

Callum Hill - Season long loan - Altrincham

Luke Ifil - Free

Dominic Iorfa - Free

2nd in the league after 22 games. 4 points behind Accrington who are top.

Hopefully another promotion is on the way!

The leagues still haven't changed so I'm still waiting to go up to League 2, but I've already signed a couple of players. Got Lee Martin (ex-Ipswich, Man UTD, and Stoke) for free, and a 17 year old keeper called Kenny Drury (ex-Watford) for free as well.

You're doing great. Fingers crossed you can at least get promotion via the playoffs. You've got some good players there. I may not strengthen my squad much. Most of my players will be good in League 2.

Came 2nd in League 2. So another promotion.

Only major deal so far in the summer is the departure of hero Jamil Adam, he's joined Watford for £500,000. Far too much to reject but it will be very difficult to replace him.

Finances looking very healthy though. Not sure what to expect from this season really. If I can find one or two decent players to bring in then I'm hoping for mid to high table but it's a tough league and a big step up.

Not sure if this season will be as good. Although I won my first game at home to Brentford, I've just lost 4-0 away at Barnsley. Next up I've got Swansea at home. Swansea are paying £30,000+ a week wages for some players, crazy.

Starting to think selling Jamil Adam was a mistake but I've replaced him with a couple of strikers to help Sammy Ameobi, Sandaza and Lucas Akins. For my first games though I've been playing with a lone striker and an attacking midfielder sat just behind the striker. This worked for me last season with a loan regen from West Ham but I was unable to bring him back this season. Managed to bring in a loan AMC from Boro though, and his free kicks are excellent. :thup:

Here's the pre-season update! The matches went really well. Have a look:http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FC%20United%20FM12/2012-02-20_00004.jpg

Managed to beat both Newcastle and Rangers somehow, and only lost one friendly match. Also reached the first round proper of the League Cup, which I'm happy about. Drew Blackpool though, so I'll probably not get to the second round.

Here's my transfers: http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FC%20United%20FM12/2012-02-20_00003.jpg

I scooped up some great free players. The best has to be Tom Naylor. Kenny Drury, Juma Karachi, and Drew Young are potential Premiership quality players, who can already slot right into my first team.

Finances: http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FC%20United%20FM12/2012-02-20_00005.jpg

My finances are still looking great, and I'm currently £1.12k under my wage budget which helps a lot.

I'm really looking forward to this season. If the friendly results are anything to go by, we're going to do really well in the league and the cups. Oh, and the club is moving into the new stadium in October, which is something else to look forward to.

I seem to be scoring quite a few from corners. Not sure if this is an exploit I've accidentally stumbled across, or my corner taker and the player heading the ball in are both really good... I'm still scoring loads from open play and freekicks as well though.

Red Rebels August 2011

Well we started off brilliantly signed Omar Koroma and Kevin Reeves, and Spencer is by far the best goalkeeper to start with. We are in the Evo-stick Northern Premiere Division using the english 8th tier database.

That's it for now we're top of the league sitting 9 points at 1st place lets hope i can stay there.

Koroma is a great player for that level of football. Kevin Reeves as your assistant manager will be good (if thats the staff position you signed him for).

No it's a young striker i signed.

Yeah good move signing Koroma! Should score goals for fun at that level.

What role suits best for Koroma and should i try and sign players with the best physical attributes?

Ten games in: http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FC%20United%20FM12/2012-02-22_00001.jpg

Things are going really well. Despite having six players injured at the same time at one point (I forgot to turn the pre-match training down from very high when pre-season had finished), the team has played great together and pushed us up to second in the league. With a game in hand on the leaders, I'm really pushing hard for that top spot.

Here's all the results so far: http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FC%20United%20FM12/2012-02-22_00002.jpg

The league games started off great with the massive with against Torquay. The second league game was when I began to worry, but after that the team's done really well to turn things around. We dropped to 11th place after the loss and two draws, but sinse then it's been a steady rise up the league due to some great results.

In the cups, we've done brilliantly. I expected to be out of the League Cup in the first round, but managed to get to the third. The surprise win over Portsmouth had the fans, the board, and me really excited. I think we'll do quite well in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. A penalties win (nail biter) against Port Vale was fine, but I'd like to win future matches in that cup in normal time to save me from having a heart attack :p

So far my best player of the season is (quite unsurprisingly) Danny Uchechi. Uchechi is a fantastic player, and he's on course for a third player of the season in three years in three different leagues. I knew from FM11 that he was good, but in FM12 he's even better!

Final bit of good news. The new stadium is finished!

2012-02-22_00003.jpg

2012-02-22_00004.jpg

It's pretty big, but only has 1291 seats. I can live with that for now, but if I can reach the Championship and have the cash, I'd like to expand. We've brought in an average attendance of just over 3.6k so far in the league, and I reckon we could fill to capacity if got to the Championship. Only time will tell though, and we may never make Championship level.

Finished 5th in the league!

Reached the play-off final and then lost at Wembley in front of 50,000+ 1-0 against Bury. Gutted.

Although, it could have been a season too soon for us to go up.

Never mind, I'll keep building my team and hopefully will mount a challenge next season. Looking to bring in a midfielder from Salisbury in the summer to help complete my midfield, a couple of strikers because we really lacked goals this season. Might try and persuade Jamil Adam to return depending on my budgets, he's hardly played any games for Watford and is unhappy.

Won my first game of the new season 6-1 against Sheffield Wednesday!

My new signing Brendan O'Shea signed from Kettering did excellent, and my 2 loan strikers Jamil Adam (Yes, he's returned) and Adam Campbell look superb together.

Really optimistic about this season!

Here's an update for you! :)

Half way through October, played 12 games, won 9, drawn 1 and lost 2. Sit 1st in the table 3 points in front of 2nd place, but with a game in hand!

Goal difference is also far superior to all if the other teams. +22!

Adam Campbell (on loan from Liverpool) and Jamil Adam (on loan from Watford) formed an excellent partnership up front, but Campbell has now picked up an injury. Cameron Jerome (Free transfer) has taken the opportunity with 6 goals from 5 starts!

Trying to get a mix of experienced well known players, unproven players (youth and players from non-league) and also young players. It seems to be working so far.

In terms of finances I have made a loss this season so far, but will hopefully recover some of my losses with a cup run and big games towards the end of the season like I did last year.

Come on you can do it! I really hope you can get promotion this time round. What's causing you to lose money? Are you over your wage budget?

I'm back into the game at last! I'm currently 13 games into my first season in League 2, and at the top of the table. The top three teams (Bristol Rovers 2nd and AFC Wimbledon 3rd) are all on 27 points, and I'm only ahead on goal difference by four goals. I've got Bristol in two games time, so hopefully I can pull away a bit with a win against them.

In the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, we beat Carlisle and have now got to play Burton in the North Quarter Finals.

So far in the new stadium, we've won both games we've played and filled it once against Barnet.

I've just signed Zak Ansah, which I'm really excited about. He's a great prospect, and I'm going to slot him straight into my first team ahead of Prosenik. Can't wait to see what he can do. I'm tempted to change up my formation next season, so I can play the both Prosenik and Ansah. Prosenik is a tall striker who's good in the air, and Ansah is a smaller striker who's really fast and has better dribbling. I'll work it all out when this season ends, but for now I'm going with one up front and swapping between the two strikers.

Thirty league games in my first League 2 season, and here's how I'm doing: http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FC%20United%20FM12/2012-03-03_00001.jpg

Nine points in front, with a great goal difference. I can't complain about that :D

League Cup: http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FC%20United%20FM12/2012-03-03_00002.jpg

I did better than I expected, as I thought I'd be out in the first round.

FA Cup: http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FC%20United%20FM12/2012-03-03_00003.jpg

I'm still in it, but probably not for much longer. I really happy to have reached the fifth round though, and I've made some good money out of it. Going out against Sunderland isn't so bad. I'll get a nice wedge of cash even if I do lose.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy: http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FC%20United%20FM12/2012-03-03_00004.jpg

I've over-achieved once again, beating Wrexham in the North Final and setting myself up for the big one in Wembley stadium. I'll most probably be playing against Swindon in the final, as they won the first leg of the South Final 3-1 away against Dagenham and Redbridge.

Transfers: http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FC%20United%20FM12/2012-03-03_00005.jpg

I've been going a bit crazy in the transfer market. Q.P.R decided they wanted Tom Naylor, and when they offered my £800k for him I just couldn't refuse. With that money in the bank, I've been shelling out on a few players who'll serve me well in League 1, and even the Championship if I manage to get that far. Also brought in a couple of defenders on loan, as Zeki Fryers is out for a month due to a torn hamstring, and Mathias Redsted is out for around 6 months with a broken leg! Zak Ansah is also out for a few weeks with thigh strain, so Prosenik is getting some regular first team football again. I've been offloading some future first teamers into my feeder club, just to get them some first team experience.

The new stadium may be in line for an upgrade at the start of next season. We've had five stadium sellouts in nine league games sinse moving into the new stadium, and we're the only team in League 2 to have any stadium sellouts at all. I'm not sure though if I'll be able to do the upgrade yet, while I already have an outstanding loan of £2.9m which won't be fully paid off until 2028. I don't know if loans can be paid off early when the club has the money available to do so, as I've never had a loan in an FM game. If it's possible to do so, I'd be happy if the board did it. We do have a balance of nearly £2.5m, so I don't see why it'd be a problem.

HOLY ****!! I think I may cry with happiness! :p Just kidding, but this is a massive result.

2012-03-03_00006.jpg

When we went 1-0 up, I thought it was a fluke and Sunderland were just warming up. They were dominating, but couldn't get their shots on target. Then the second goal went in, and I started getting excited. Sunderland got one back pretty quickly, but for all their efforts, they just couldn't score a second. By the final whistle, I was checking in the mirror for grey hairs as the match was such a nail biter.

WE DID IT! I won League 2 on my first attempt. I won the league with one game to go, and finished in style with a 5-2 win against Morecambe. As the season was getting near its end, I was aiming for 100 points. I drew and lost a few matches that I really should have won though, and ended up with 90 points and 8 losses. Oh well, a league win was the main priority and I achieved that.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy WON! We beat Swindon, and may have been quite lucky to do so. We had more possession, but they fired more shots than we did. We got the goal though, and that's all that matters. I'll be looking to successfully defend the trophy next season.

The FA Cup went very well for us. We got beat in the 6th round, but I wasn't expecting to get that far so I didn't mind. The money coming in was great, but players were getting tired due to the two cups and league they were playing in. I'm very happy with the cup run, but was glad in a way when the run came to an end.

Once again Danny Uchechi was my best player of the season, and will most probably be nominated for League 2 player of the season. Not sure if he'll win it this season, but I don't care as he's a fantastic player regardless of any awards he does and doesn't win.

Key Players

Juma Karachi was my top scorer. My players were all scoring, so his goal tally may not look very impressive but the teams goal tally on the whole was good.

Jack Barmby and Max Power (love that name! Shame he doesn't look as cool as his name sounds...) were a mid-season signings, and great ones at that. They were only able to play in the league, which was a shame. Next season, they'll be ripping defenses to shreds in the league and the cups.

Lee Martin was my first signing of the season, and he played well in all competitions. His 9 goals and 9 assists overall helped the team tremendously.

The stadium is already getting an upgrade to comply with League 1 standards. Just seating installation, so I think it'll still be just over 5000 capacity. Due to this upgrade, we'll be playing in the Manchester Regional Arena until January. This stadium has a 6000 all seater capacity, which will be good for a bit of extra income as we aren't paying any rent for using the ground.

Finances are good. The stadium upgrade took a big wedge of cash out of the bank (just over £1mill for some reason rather than £479k), but we're still financially secure.

Well, that's it for this update. I'd best get to work, searching for some replacements for players I don't need/won't sign a new contract. I'll post another update when pre-season is over.

Archived