FM11: Rafa Alcântara - The other Alcântara brother

Pretty much everyone knows about Thiago, the elder of the Alcantara brothers, but Rafa is the lesser well-known of the two however this doesn't mean he isn't any good!

Rafael Alcântara do Nascimento (born 12 February 1993), simply Rafinha, is a naturalized Spanish footballer who plays for FC Barcelona B in Segunda División, as an attacking midfielder. Born in Bari, Italy, Alcântara joined FC Barcelona's youth ranks at the age of 13. On 8 January 2011, he made his professional debuts with the B team, replacing Jonathan dos Santos in the 55th minute of a 1–2 home loss against Girona FC.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkEOvN98iiRnrgYKRYXat2R9W4Bq5ASMeqVOwGznW3uMvBpQ_9

Rafinha In-Game

xo0by9.png

On my Napoli save, I bought Rafinha from the Barca B's in my first season for a small fee of £1.5m (Scout Report came back with 3.5* potential - leading Serie A midfielder) and started the majority of the season. Naturally an MC, I decided to retrain him AMC as he has the stats to work well as an AMC. When playing at MC, I deployed him as Advanced Playmaker (Support) or Deep Lying Playmaker (Support) as he has good physicals to function well as an MC. If you want to play him at AMC, I'd play him as an Advanced Playmaker (Support) but if you can improve his finishing, he could potentially work well as an Inside Forward.

I will update the thread with CA/PA if people want to know and will post stats a few more years down the line to show his development

His CA/PA :

100/ -8

would be nice if you could post CA/PA, did he get a boost on the most recent patch aswell?

Yeah, just added his PA and CA to the OP. He did receive a boost on the latest boost on the latest patch as his CA/PA prior to 11.3 were:

66/-8

So there was a pretty big boost to his starting attributes and CA in the latest patch, which is a good thing. The only problem I have at Napoli is that I don't really have a good tutor for him (unlike at Barca where you can get Xavi to tutor him) so in the 1st season I had to get Blasi to tutor him but it ended up being beneficial :)

so if he draw a high end pa out of the hat, he will be a class player :thup:

as for Xavi as mentor...that never really worked out on my Barca save, Mascherano was the high octane mentoring machine that delivered results

so if he draw a high end pa out of the hat, he will be a class player :thup:

as for Xavi as mentor...that never really worked out on my Barca save, Mascherano was the high octane mentoring machine that delivered results

I checked on my game and his PA is at the higher end so I hope he'll turn into a cracking player.

As for tutoring, I thought Hamsik would've been the best alternative for him but it turned out that Blasi is a good tutor :thup:

• 3 weeks later...

I just checked him out on my current save and he didn't really get much of a look in at Barca. It also doesn't look as though he got as good a PA as you which is just luck of the draw. But he definitely has the right attributes to do the job if you get lucky with PA is suppose

Archived