Knap FM11.3 Tactics

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been using your 4-5-1 against the grain tactic on three different saves.

One with a top club (Juventus), don't think I even lost one game. (played two seasons)

Then with a crappy Norwegian second division team, which performed above all expectations. (Was predicted 12th, finished 5th, mind you I took over in the middle of the season so there was certain limitations as to how I could finish)

And lastly with a German second division team (though here I have been having some problems), but I don't think it is the tactics fault.

As in many matches I had the most CCC's and statistically should be winning, the AI was pretty harsh and pretty much took what chances came their way. + I forgot to focus on making it fluid. Though it seems now things are looking up.

Are you planning on revisiting this tactic in the future? (or another 4-5-1)

I usually just use a 442 for my own games. I look at other formations if an idea sounds interesting. As the 451 Against the Grain tactic is based on Barcelona then should work for teams like Juventus.

Knap - Really like your tactics, i have been using your Team442P105F99A20 tactic with Bradford, i won League two and won League 1 play-offs luckily the next year. However i have been conceding a lot of goals! In my League one season i conceded 66 goals but scored 118.

No problems with attacking i just need to tighten up at the back, i have set my CB's to ultra defensive no forward runs and set the FB's to normal from team (attacking).

I have average defenders for the championship, will any of your other tactics help without compromising attack?

Cheers

The 105pts is the top tactic but Against the Grain is probably a more defensive tactic but is likely to compromise attack. However, it is mostly about the players and unless there is a weak player you may need to add a few more quality players not always easy in championship.

• 6 years later...

Archived