Serving his country!

o JaY

So I'm putting my long-term save on hold for a bit and am going to do an international save. Yes, I did kind of copy dburns Irish career so hope its okay.

232px-England_crest_2009svg.png

FM 2011 - Patch 11.2.1

Nations Loaded (lowest league) [all but England are view only]; England (League 2) France (National) Germany (2nd Division) Italy (Serie B) Holland (Eerste Divisie) Portugal (Liga Orangina) Ireland (1st Division) Scotland (3rd Division) Spain (Liga Adelante) Wales (Principality Welsh Prem) USA (MLS)

My goals are too of course bring success back to my country, I may keep playing this for a while, but I may just play it for the short-term. Wish me luck!

JaySmithNews_Inbox.png

Here is my 1st squad for a friendly against Hungary.

As you can see there's quite a few changes, with 3 uncapped players in Kyle Walker, Kevin Davies and Gary Cahill.

I have also called up some experience in Danny Murphy and added a bit of youth in there aswell.

Note: Joe Hart got injured so I called up Paul Robinson, who a day later retired :confused:.

Okay, so here is my starting XI for the friendly at home to Hungary.

I've gone for the 442 diamond with a strong defence over pace (with the exception of Ashley Cole). Scott Parker seemed a good choice for the DM spot with pace on either side. Both Young and Lennon can whip and good ball in too. I then decided Gerrard, my captain, would be perfect for slot behind the front two. Bobby Zamora and Wayne Rooney were the strikers.

England 3 - 2 Hungary

We started off great with Wayne Rooney and Stevie G running the show and then John Terry got a goal from a corner. We then seemed to lack that cutting edge after going 3-0 up and after half time came out looking for a goal. Hungary replied with a set piece goal of their own, while Scott Parker was off the field and then they scored a powerful 35 yard free-kick to keep the game interesting.

A good start, but Rob Green and Bobby Zamora will be probably be dropped from the squad while Scott Parker may drop to the bench after all 3 didn't really impress.

Anyway on to the Euro 2012 qualifiers!

An interesting 1st squad o JaY. :)

Good luck mate.

Cheers, and my squads always seem a bit weird :)

Wales wouldve been a better choice :)

It probably would've made a more interesting and more challenging game too but England is my country :)

kol.jpg

So the dreaded message, damn I should've kept a backup like I do with my long-term one.

It was a very short game so it's a sad end. Looks like I'll be back to my 'o JaY's on tour'.

Follow me there and check out my progress :D

That's a shame, short lived England manager but a 100% record.

Yeah, how many managers can say that ;-).

Gotta love how those messages say OK ............ no it's not really

Yeah, they might as well say 'sorry, or just accept the fact that it's gone :(.

Archived