Help so I don't mess up this regen and the future of English football

woods.jpg

Whilst managing the England under 21's I signed this guy for my Sunderland side. Coach reports for the under 21's rate him as having the potential to be as good as Wayne Rooney at 4 and a half stars he is rated higher than any other English regen I have ever had. It is only a few months until he turns 17, is it worth creating a youth schedule for him? What sort of training should I use once he gets to 17 and finally is it worth having him tutored or not with determination of 19 I have no striker higher so surely tutoring would drop his determination stat.

I hope you don't mind if I borrow this thread for a few quick questions, since I couldn't find a general thread regarding these issues (or should I open a new one?).

Anyway, a new regen just came through my youth ranks and he is regarded as a potential leading Premier League central defender by every member of my staff, although his attributes are really poor -

kevin-bangura.jpg

I'm especially worried by his height (I'm not sure if regens grow in this game, since I've also got a 16 year-old who was already 1,97m at the beginning) and jumping, do you think these elements can improve enough so that he could become a leading PL defender?

Right now I have above average youth facilities (being improved), but my training facilites are "top" and the coaching levels are all 4 stars or more, so probably that shouldn't be a major issue?

Also, some of you have mentioned individual training schedules, I've downloaded some schedules from this site and I haven't a clue on how to make my own (at least not good enough to make a player progress), so I'd appreciate some advice here, because I also have two other talented youth players and I'm not really sure how to handle them, should I send them on loan or maybe train and tutor them at the club while they play for the u18s and the reserves? I can provide screen shots of the players if that makes it easier :)

Oh and just one other thing, I'd like to retrain a 16 year old so that his accomplished MC position becomes natural, does this position retraining take too much focus from his general progress?

Thank you very much for your answers :)

Oh, and if there already is a general thread about this, please give me the link :)

Looking at the OP's manager name, I'd suggest releasing him and pushing Jeff Hardy.... but on a serious note, give him game time (about 15 games a season in all competitions?) until he can hold down a regular spot, or loan him out when he's old enough.

Lots of people suggesting high physical training here. However, whenever I put aerobic and strength training quite high, I find players tend to get injured more often. I tend to leave them around the default training values.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also, won't the physical side naturally increase with age?

Well they are more likely to get injured but their physical attributes will increase faster. So lets say normally by age they would reach 14 acceleration. With higher physical training they might reach 16 acceleration. I tend to give a physically demanding schedule only to players I really want their physical attributes to increase by a reasonable amount and tweak it so they don't get injured too often.

Archived