Best XI of the World Cup post yours now

Uquillas

Anyway out of 13 years at the first team, 11 of them have been as Center back. I wouldn't say he's a RB anymore unless in dire need for the team. I wouldn't say he's played "a good chunk of his career there", for he only played there for a couple seasons.

Considering he was still playing at Right Back in 2002, and signed for Barcelona when he was 16 in 1996, then I'd say that 6 years would be a good chunk of his 14 year professional career tbf

Considering he was still playing at Right Back in 2002, and signed for Barcelona when he was 16 in 1996, then I'd say that 6 years would be a good chunk of his 14 year professional career tbf

His transition to the CB position happened in the 2001-2002 season. By the 2002-2003 was already a starting CB and rarely has returned to the RB position even since.

Puyol signed for Barcelona in 1995-96 season but his first four years were in the lower teams. His jump to and debut in the first team took place in 1999-2000 season. Thus, he only played 2 seasons as RB with FC Barcelona. Since his debut up to 2001-2002 season.

BTW when Puyol joined Barcelona lower teams he was an AMR, not a RB.

Archived