Will it Cope?

An external Hd wont help speed nor will it allow you to play more leagues. Your specs are pretty much at the lower end so I'd play the demo first just to make sure you're happy with the speed.

If you wanted to play more leagues, you'd have to look at installing more RAM and you also may need a processor upgrade to help with processing speed.

ok thank you,nevermind, I'll prob not get it then as would like to play more leagues and dont like slow play, Shame

To be fair you should probably look at getting a new computer if you want to play FM10 or any future FM's. In fact any game. FM isnt the most taxing of resources and some new software will probably run slow on a machine with that spec.

To be fair you should probably look at getting a new computer if you want to play FM10 or any future FM's. In fact any game. FM isnt the most taxing of resources and some new software will probably run slow on a machine with that spec.

any idea what spec at a reasonable price please? Would only play fm on it,

Desktop

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/shop/detail.asp?ProductID=6040&CategoryID=407&SubCategoryID=

Laptop

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/shop/detail.asp?ProductID=6102&CategoryID=404&SubCategoryID=

I have no doubt people will be able to point you in the direction of much better deals but maybe use these as a guideline if your only looking to use it for FM.

It also depends if you will be using the 3D or not. The laptop would probably struggle with the 3D so you would need to look for one with a dedicated graphics card.

not sure, think mainly a laptop, around 400 but less would be great, but think with that budget i'd be strugglin.

well if you paid 400 then there shouldnt be much of a problem. As you say, you only want it for FM so it should be ok for a few years.

My laptop is a Celeron M 1.6Ghz and 1gb ram and 80gb HDD. Rubbish really but I only play FM on commentary with England to league 2 and maybe a couple of top leagues from 1 or 2 other countries and it runs ok.

My desktop is a AMD Athlon x64 3800+, 2gb ram and 2x250gb HDD. Again not the best but it does the trick. I play large database with all top european countries loaded. I only ever play with commentary/2D though so its ok. It would struggle with 3D

Archived