Loaded Leagues

king_karl

Hello Si Community.

It is my first post in a long while and no doubt many have forgotten me & my love for Liverpool player Insua. I come back today baring questions and searching for answers, i was hoping that a couple of you could give me a hand. I've started two games in my time on FM2010, a sucessful one as Liverpool manager and a Unsucessful one at Sunderland, now my lows are undoubtably going to reach new ones; I intend to manage Portsmouth (Don't send me to the pompy thread you'll understand as you read on). No doubt this isn't going to be an easy tast hence why i'm here for your help;

My question to you all, prior to starting the game, is which "All players from...Loaded" should i load? This seems a stupidly placed and worded question, and i'll probably get hounded with
"Brazil, France, Spain...You fool all the best players come from there",
however i found whilst stalking the forum places from countries such as Romania, Chile and other lesser known, yet highly skilled countries produce good footballers to.

I hope that some of you would suggest some countries to me, and therefore some skilled players and hopefully guide me to a mid-table (high-high ambitions) finish with Portsmouth. I don't want things like, Barcelona have Henry, because he is there regardless of loaded players.

Thank you,

Karl.

I personally use the custom database size to retain players from all top division clubs globally, decent regens can come from anywhere.

Ukraine, Albania, Serbia all have a knack for producing good young talent.

It's not about leagues loaded it's about database size.

I run about 17 nations around the world and their associated leagues, but my lower league english game only has the home nations running and I still have 80000 active players.

I change it around depending on the country in which I'm playing. I have a game in the Ukraine with all players loaded from Eastern Europe and a game in Holland with all players loaded from Scandinavia and Central Europe. This way I can keep all my transfers from a specific region (in keeping with the country in which I'm playing) while not missing out on the odd bargain or so. I also intend to start a save in Belgium with all players loaded from Africa in keeping with the large contingent of African players that play there, as well as a save in Portugal with all players loaded from Brazil.

I find that by playing in a low level European league, you can maximise the best out of your expanded DB. Personally, if I play in the UK, I find that I don't make full use of the smaller nations because the temptation is always to sign players that are tried and tested and which invariably come from more established footballing nations.

Really, what I'm driving at is; if you are playing in England are you going to make full use of the players loaded from Ecuador given the WP restrictions? Perhaps loading all EU countries would be helpful but, imo, if you want to make use of signings from smaller, lesser nations, surely it would be better to play in another country. Perhaps a game in the Spanish 2nd Division with all Spanish speaking countries? Or a game in Portugal with Brazil and other former colonies (Cape Verde, Angola, Mozambique)?

Anyhow, that's how I usually chose my nations. What you do is entirely your choice but personally I don't like loading 1000 extra players just for 1 guy. Especially when you have to filter through a load of unnecessary players on your shortlist.

Belgium, Holland, Portugal, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey - Premier League

Romania ( as I'm playing now ), France, Germany, Italy, England, Spain - 1st and 2nd Division.

Don't load greek league if you're playing in Eastern Europe, cos they will try to buy all your players for lots of money and it's not realistic anymore. Imagine that in my previous save with greek league loaded I sold 5 players for 58m Euros to medium clubs like Aris, Xanthi etc...

I didn't load the other leagues, just used large database.

Cheers!

Archived