MLS Salary Cap

In NHL:EHM 2007 I know we were able to set the salary cap for leagues that have one. I was wondering if the same is possible for FM10 for the MLS league. And if not, does SI have any plans to make the same wordpad file to alter it in the future if it is at all possible? Thanks in advance and happy holidays everyone!!!

You can delete the league and re create it, but you won't be able to recreate 95% of the rules. You can but a basic salary cap in, add foreigner restrictions, but DP rules, allocations, drafts, etc will not be included. Basically, it would be like *insert basic European league here*, but with foreigner limits and a basic salary cap.

That's really disappointing :(

Why not allow us to do that?

I don't know either. Like I said, In Eastside Hockey manager, there was a small editable file that allowed us to change, or completely remove the cap in any league that had one. Surely this would be surprisingly easy to accomplish in this game as well for the few players in the US that love this game with a passion.

It's an issue I've already raised with SI- despite the inclusion of the new editor it's still impossible to tweak the league, particularly as it relates to expansion (similar problem for A-League players, I believe.) An easy fix would be to load a competition rule set when "creating" new leagues in the editor, i.e. creating a new MLS and then loading the existing rules, which could then be edited to allow for future expansion, as well as tweaking the salary cap, or implementing any of 100+ rules changes the league will undoubtedly introduce this year. Didn't make it into the 10.2 patch (and frankly haven't heard anything) so I'll doubt we'd see such a change for FM10.

Archived