[FM10] A.C. Legnano - The relegation experts

midlothian

Hmmm. A tough decision ahead.

Lazio approached me. They would pay four times as much as I earn now, they offer me a wage budget of 800k/week (it's 200k/week at Legnano now) and a transfer budget of 27.5M pounds. But the team is 19th, even below my beloved Legnano. However, they have a reasonably good, experienced squad which shouldn't be in trouble.

What do you think? Should I take it? By the way, Legnano have a record of 2-3-7, with a wretched goal difference of 5-26 and we're struggling mightily even though I don't think we should.

Well, Siena made my decision for me: I kept Lazio wait a week, played a home league game against them with Legnano. Result? 0-3, with a shot count of 0-18. It just ceased to be fun so I was off.

After an indifferent start, we came to life in January as I made five new signings:

Mikel Pérez, a 19-year-old striker from Athletic Bilbao

Ricardo Martínez, a 25-year-old central midfielder from Sampdoria

Rui Santos, a 26-year-old right-back from Sahtar

Matteo Corti, a 22-year-old central midfielder from Barcelona

José Ramón Díez, a 20-year-old DC, DM, DMC from Athletic Bilbao.

They really got the team going. Our last seven results were:

Lazio-Fiorentina 1-0

Lazio-Cesena 1-0

Livorno-Lazio 1-2

Lazio-Napoli 1-0

Genoa-Lazio 1-1

Siena-Lazio 2-2

Lazio-Torino 2-0

Milan-Lazio 0-1

We're about to welcome Chelsea in the Europa League first knockout round.

OK, I finished the season but more about that later, first, I can't resist showing you something. I might have put the future of the club at risk with this deal (we'll have to pay 25M over 48 months) but look at this guy.

Bezerra

My scout gave him five stars, something I never saw before. He's absolutely staggering.

He finished the season with 16 league goals, 9 assists and an average rating of 7.12. Not bad but I expected more. He's only 24, though, I expect he'll reach his peak soon and then we'll see something.

I'm now two seasons behind in terms of updates... but I'll do them sometimes, I promise.

He's awesome, but that Jumping attribute of 4 really grinds my gears. Very strange to give him 18 Heading and 4 Jumping, because if he never gets off the ground, how can they tell he can head the ball like Tim Cahill?!

Either way, seems like you're doing well! Was a bit disappointed that you left Legnano tbh, as a romantic FM player, but I suppose it's more realistic this way...

Archived