Stupid Search Engine?

I used FMRTE for the first time yesterday and searched for players with a high PA and aged under 20. When i use the in-game search-engine of FM09 many of those players dont get returned as results when i search for U20 talents although i/my scouts know every stat of these players. Is there any reason for this and can I avoid this problem?

Yeah, the filter is off.

Hmm, never thought of the scouting knowledge as a real parameter when it comes to finding players. I always thought it was only a value. But that may be the reason, thanks!

If you are using the in-game search engine then Scouting Knowledge doesn't come into the equation. You probably haven't loaded players from all nations so your search results will only give you results based on what database size you are using, what leagues you have active and what nations you have players loaded from.

If i search the players manually by name i find them. But if i search them by criterias (age, nationality) i don't find them!

Yeah I just re-read your OP and realised I had missed that you were searching by criteria, my bad :o

It's definitely scouting knowledge that's your problem here: always hire a brazilian coach or scout if you can, and some from the other key nations.

Apart from a couple of high JPA/JPP scouts, I hire all the rest mainly based on their knowledge - really helps with finding the hidden gems.

Thanks, this will help me a lot!

Just one last question: If i want to find a brazilian player in Ukraine... do i need brazilian knowledge or ukraine knowledge?

I assume you would need Ukranian knowledge because the Scouting Knowledge is based on the country and not the nationality of players.

I assume you would need Ukranian knowledge because the Scouting Knowledge is based on the country and not the nationality of players.

Cheers!

BTW i have played 2 seasons with my scouts scouting the "World" and i find a lot more players now. Thank you!

Archived