The Technique Attribute

Rupertj

What does the technique attribute do? What does it mean on the pitch? I have seen a player's technique increase from okay to very good, but I don't know what difference this makes on the pitch.

I'm not 100% sure but I think its to do with how well a player strikes the ball. Hence why players like Ronaldinho, Robinho, Diego, Arango, Fernandez all have good technique in game. I could be wrong though...

But how will having players with higher technique attributes actually improve my performance? They've already got attributes for first touch, dribbling, passing and all of the intelligence attributes...

Because he needs to be able to use that ball properly? If he's got the vision but lacks the technique to actually do the pass he wants or the dribbling what is the point? Or if a player gets into a goal scoring opportunity via his movement but then lacks the technique to make it count then it could/would be a wasted chance?

The better technique the more affective other attributes can be, assuming were talking about attacking minded players?

Because he needs to be able to use that ball properly? If he's got the vision but lacks the technique to actually do the pass he wants or the dribbling what is the point? Or if a player gets into a goal scoring opportunity via his movement but then lacks the technique to make it count then it could/would be a wasted chance?

The better technique the more affective other attributes can be, assuming were talking about attacking minded players?

Okay, thanks. I get it now. So striker with 18 technique having increased from 15 is more effective at goal scoring than before?

I'd say technique is a way of describing natural footballing talent, a player with high off the ball movement and high finishing might fluff a chance from a tight angle but somebody with technique would have a higher chance of slotting it in. I believe technique plays some part in chips too (or so the manual said a few years ago).

It's always good to have technique but some players can get away with having low technique as long as they're strong in their main departments.

What does the technique attribute do? What does it mean on the pitch? I have seen a player's technique increase from okay to very good, but I don't know what difference this makes on the pitch.

Effects ball control, dribbling, passing and shooting :thup:

Archived