how to get realistic assists from fabregas?

Ive finally got my team playing well, unbeaten in all comps, beat chelsea, drew with united away and in november. Arshavin has been great but with assists as has theo, but fabregas has two in 13 game.

What can i do to improve this, does it depend on the positioning of atackers?

why give mea link to that?

My tactics are nowher near less is more and im sitting top of the league unbeaten in all comps in january.

My problem is getting fabs to constantly provide through balls like he does in real life. Ive given him set pieces and its gone up but in game not many.

i got through balls often thats it, rest on mixed. Deep centre aim, first notch of attacking mentality, high creative, free role, sometimes playmaker, mixed or direct passing.

We need more details as to which settings he's on mate?

I'd have on a low normal mentality for him as I think he picks his best passes from deep.

High creative freedom, direct passing, through balls often, cross from deep and also maybe free role?

Also you could have him as your playmaker as he is good enough to play that role...

why give mea link to that?

My tactics are nowher near less is more and im sitting top of the league unbeaten in all comps in january.

My problem is getting fabs to constantly provide through balls like he does in real life. Ive given him set pieces and its gone up but in game not many.

i got through balls often thats it, rest on mixed. Deep centre aim, first notch of attacking mentality, high creative, free role, sometimes playmaker, mixed or direct passing.

There are several possible problems, which can be whittled down if you post your tactics.

1. Fabregas is not high enough up the pitch to provide the final cutting pass.

2. There are not enough players ahead of Fabregas to provide sufficient final ball options.

3. The movement ahead of Fabregas is not sufficient to provide final ball options.

4. The tempo of play is too high and players around Fabregas are producing inferior build up play.

5. The tempo of play is too low and Fabregas is being marked out of the game.

6. His Creative Freedom is too low to allow the more difficult passes he is capable of.

Considering your domination of football and your problems with Fabregas specifically I would assume that number one is your problem.

Problem number one can alleviated in three ways:

1: Increase his mentality, which will encourage him to make offensive runs earlier and choose more offensive passes. This can disrupt your midfield.

2: Give Fabregas Forward Runs which will force him forward and place him in a position to make assists. This can destroy his efficiency as a CM playmaker and put him in positions he lacks the attributes to exploit efficiently.

3: Give Fabregas Run With Ball Often which will encourage him to move forward with the ball when in possession before playing a pass. This can make him lose the ball when in possession but with otherwise negate the problems of the other two options.

There is a fourth option but it is speculative considering the information. That option is to increase the mentalities and creative freedom of the passing targets so that they attack the goal directly when given the ball by Fabregas.

Personally I would be more interested in the 2-D match replay overall performance of Fabregas than his assists. Very often the most important pass in a game is the one that turns defence into attack.

Im on game 34 in the league, won the carling cup, in the final for cl/fa cup and unbeaten in all comps, 59 in all.

Ive never been this succesfull before in any fm especially against the big sides, however my team has slowed down a bit in second half of season, scoring half as much as i did in first half.

Fabs has improved a little since ive put him on corners, hes definatly scored a few more.

Ill post my tactics and pkm if possible when im done. 6 games to go hoping to do a whole season unbeaten in all comps.

I think you are right about the striker mentality as its mostly to my furthest forward (ade) that fabs ends up assisting in open play.

I done it, quadrouple and unbeaten in every single comp, cant believe it tbh

however, i feel like a cheat cause my set piece set up saved me in so many games.

Fabs ended players player of the year but still not please with his open play assists.

Archived